• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

I feel like MvC has always been a series of flashing lights and people getting really excited at minuscule moments that are super difficult to understand.

oti

Banned
I'm super into this weird Gran Turismo Sport sportsmanship video.

Of course those... Americans wouldn't understand or appreciate this delicate racing game. *tips monocle*

Gran Turismo sport sounds fucking insane

they ask for your email and will wipe you if you aren't sportsmanlike? Wooow.

RACES ONLY HAPPEN AT A CERTAIN TIME OF DAY FOR ONLINE

THIS IS INSANE

THE CARS TURN INTO GHOSTS

BUT THEN THEY TURN BACK

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS

HAVE ETIQUETTE BUT WE'LL TURN YOU INTO A GHOST

EDIT 3: WHAT THE HELL DID GRAN TURISMO BECOME, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SCAPING SHIT

WHAT HAPPENED TO JUST RACING AND TUNING CARS AHHH

derFeef

THIS IS INSANE

BUT THEN THEY TURN BACK

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS

EDIT 3: WHAT THE HELL DID GRAN TURISMO BECOME, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SCAPING SHIT

"GB has no idea about real racing, this talk is just embarrasing."
- GTS OT

"GB has no idea about real racing, this talk is just embarrasing."
- GTS OT

WHAT REAL RACING

WHAT FUCKING REAL RACING

THERE'S A FUCKING PICTURE TAKING IMPOSING FAKE CARS INTO REAL PHOTOS

THERE'S A FUCKING VIDEO ON RACING ETIQUETTE I FELT MY NECK TIGHTENING WITH A BOW

CARS TURN INVISIBLE
AHHH

Majine

Banned
GT Sport seems like the nofunallowed.jpg of videogames.

Also, can Bombcast just keep Peter Brown forever, Bakalar-style? Guy's great.

Jamie OD

THIS IS INSANE

BUT THEN THEY TURN BACK

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS

Sounds like ghost problems.

Everything about that GT Sport quick look turned me right off from the game. That pretentious shit is only for the hardest of the hardcore, get back to me when they release the next numbered game.

I will honestly take loot crate-ridden Forza 7 over this by a large margin.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Everything about that GT Sport quick look turned me right off from the game. That pretentious shit is only for the hardest of the hardcore, get back to me when they release the next numbered game.

I will honestly take loot crate-ridden Forza 7 over this by a large margin.

Fuck both GT:S and F7, give me Forza: Horizon any day of the week. Seriously.

oti

Banned
LQYQqDtfSIqk6lzZ9YjzmA.png

I like this.

robotrock

Banned
forza horizon is probably my favorite racing series at this point, I'm sorry burnout.

though I still think there's a place for sim racers. just disappointing that the most recent GT and Forza aren't the best. and project cars kind of sucks

Majine

Banned
Would be kinda hilarious if Nintendo puts out a "Mario Kart Sport", a rigid driving simulator in all aspects except there are still fucking cartoon characters on gokarts.

oti

Banned
forza horizon is probably my favorite racing series at this point, I'm sorry burnout.

though I still think there's a place for sim racers. just disappointing that the most recent GT and Forza aren't the best. and project cars kind of sucks

If I was to try to get into sim racers I'd definitely pick GT Sport. That system is bananas but if that could force me to take it seriously, it would be a great experiment.

Other than that, Forza Horizon.

And Mario Kart.

And Burnout
Takedown because Paradise was bad

Hasney

I didn't get very far into FH3, partially because of Windows Store fucjing up horribly, but I didn't have much desire too either. I hope 4 goes more bananas and adds takedowns in as I miss them.

oti

Banned
I didn't get very far into FH3, partially because of Windows Store fucjing up horribly, but I didn't have much desire too either. I hope 4 goes more bananas and adds takedowns in as I miss them.

Yeah. Horizon appears to do crazy stuff (like racing a train) but in the end the driving is still pretty dry. Go crazy with it. I'd say.

Catvoca

Banned
Why don't more developers do this?

"Capcom boss says no Street Fighter V campaign because gamers lack fighting game knowledge"

"Battlefront boss says no campaign because gamers lack space knowledge"

oti

Banned
Like I said, I just don't understand the audience for this game

Sim racing and GT fans. GT is a massive franchise and Yamauchi is a super star. Sony gave him the resources he wanted for his vision and his vision is to force and teach players the correct mindset for his game.

In today's market this is completely bonkers. That's why it's so fascinating seeing such a huge franchise trying to do this.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

This dude has a point though:

Just a sensationalist headline, Kaz didn't say that at all lmao. Just read what Kaz actually said in their quotes.

"In a narrow sense, the part that was the GT Mode in the past is now called Mission Challenge,” he said. “It’s single player, there are various different types of races, from the very short to the very long, with different regulations, and you can tune up the cars that you purchased to participate in those races."

"When people are talking about there’s no campaign mode, or no GT Mode anymore, that’s not quite true,” Yamauchi told us. “It’s just a change to the UI (user interface). All the things that you were able to do in the past in those modes are in the game.”

"Twenty years ago, when we did the first Gran Turismo, people knew what happens when you change an air filter; people knew what increased compression ratios do to your car. But the new users don’t have that knowledge anymore because they’re not as interested in the cars, so we’ve simplified that area [of the game] so you can do the exact same thing you were doing in the past, but it’s more user-friendly for people just getting into cars.”

Pretty misleading headline there.

oti

Banned
Yep, shit thread title.
Still, that quote is condescending as hell. "Nowadays"

I'd imagine Sony and Polyphony Digital have done extensive research into this, to be honest. Maybe their finding was people don't really care about this stuff anymore.

robotrock

Banned
I'm enjoying Gran Turismo Sport quite a bit. As someone who kind of fell off of GT after the PS2 era, I kind of love how stripped down and simple this one is.

the sportsmanship tutorials are super underbaked, but as I've put more and more hours into the online I'm getting into better matches where people don't ram into me.

kiyomi

THIS IS INSANE

BUT THEN THEY TURN BACK

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS

Ghosting cars is very common. It's to stop people who are trolling or whatever ruining other people's races. Pretty sure they've done this specifically in GT since 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom