• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

It's nothing new that KH will continue past III, more just confirmation that KHUX itself seems to continue past III when previously it was said it would just be build up for III.

Azuran

Banned
Hopefully this shuts up the people who keep saying Nomura will do a reboot when the next saga rolls around. The insane backstory is here to stay!

Psxphile

Sorry for the lateness.

Aqua & Stitch arrives with this week's VIP Quests! Also starting tonight is a new batch of Union Cross quests and a new HSC!
DLzg9i9UMAApg9d.jpg:small

Also arriving tonight: a Daily Challenge Event, a new Weekly Gem Quest, and Gem Board Deals!
DLzmSsNVoAAE_WG.jpg:small

Aqua & Stitch
iGoofy

Also another set of Gem Boards.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was about to post it. Good thing I preview it to check someone else didn't already post it before submitting.

Kitoro

I see that Aqua & Stitch is a random target medal. Does that work like a single target against a lone enemy? In such a case, would this medal be strong enough as a closer on a keyblade, or is it not in the same league as actual single target medals?

Azuran

Banned
I see that Aqua & Stitch is a random target medal. Does that work like a single target against a lone enemy? In such a case, would this medal be strong enough as a closer on a keyblade, or is it not in the same league as actual single target medals?

Yeah, it's pretty much a single target medal against one enemy. x3.70 is not as strong as most ST medals out there but it's still pretty decent if you don't have anything better.

Psxphile

Good, not great, if you need another Speed attack medal. Feels like we already got a decent pool of great Speed medals so I don't see the value in this one. Unfortunately you'll probably need multiple copies of that medal to chart high in the HSC, with an actual great medal as the prize.

I just remembered I still haven't completed this week's gem quest. I'll take another stab of it, but I doubt I'll be able to 2-turn that damn spider before midnight. Also I never did manage to max guilt my Nick & Judy, I managed to get a max of 4 copies in UC and every single damn one failed to raise the percentage. I guess I should be grateful it's only a Tier 2. Guess I'll just waste a shit-load of mirrors on it so I can finally delete it.

The gem quest for this week has been giving me trouble - I get close and then RNG woes...

Not sure if I can kill it in the next 40 odd minutes but eh, I'm more interested in moon gems tbh.

Wonder if they'll keep around the medals in UX like they did last time, or if it was truly this week only. Hope they keep em, I only got 1 Nick & Judy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Would at least expect them to coincide with zany VIP + 0AP bursts, so monthly?

We'll see in a week or two.

Kitoro

Question about medals with varying attack multipliers, as well as medals that boost attack in exchange for defense.

Let's use this medal, for example. What determines if the attack will be closer to 2.58x or 3.30x? Also, if it reaches 3.30x, does that mean more defense is being sacrificed, or is it a set amount of defense being sacrificed each turn? If a set amount, does it compound with every time it's used?

Thanks!

Question about medals with varying attack multipliers, as well as medals that boost attack in exchange for defense.

Let's use this medal, for example. What determines if the attack will be closer to 2.58x or 3.30x? Also, if it reaches 3.30x, does that mean more defense is being sacrificed, or is it a set amount of defense being sacrificed each turn? If a set amount, does it compound with every time it's used?

Thanks!

I thiiiiiink that the multiplier starts at 3.30x and goes down as your defense goes down. It felt that way the last time i used such a medal (it's been a while though)

Kitoro

Thanks so much for the clarification!

So how about the new Aqua and Stitch medal? How does that multiplier work? I see the attack gets stronger depending on how many specials come before it in succession, but is that what increases the multiplier to to the max of 3.70%? I'm wondering how many specials must come before it so that it hits 3.70%. I'm assuming it caps off somewhere, for example, if I were to have 5 medals all with double attack, and I set it to the 6th slot, will it do ridiculous damage, or as much as if it were set in, say, the 4th slot?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the clarification!

So how about the new Aqua and Stitch medal? How does that multiplier work? I see the attack gets stronger depending on how many specials come before it in succession, but is that what increases the multiplier to to the max of 3.70%? I'm wondering how many specials must come before it so that it hits 3.70%. I'm assuming it caps off somewhere, for example, if I were to have 5 medals all with double attack, and I set it to the 6th slot, will it do ridiculous damage, or as much as if it were set in, say, the 4th slot?

Thanks!
Not 100% sure but i think it's actually activated abilities like AB4MAX and the like. I think it goes to max at around 4ish activations beforehand, maybe 3. Usually pretty lenient with the requirements. Once it hits its max it won't do more damage than usual.

Famassu

It's how many special attacks you use prior to the medal. Not skill activations. I've always assumed it probably has to be at least the fourth slot/special attack to get the max multiplier, but I've never really confirmed that in any way. :p

Yeah, the site i saw had it as abilities. Could've just checked the game lol. But i always assumed it had to be low because not everyone gonna have extra attack in order to get a really high number. Also it usually is maxed out before friend nedals.

EDIT: Wow, this post is now edited!

deanote666

Anyone else notice a difficulty adjustment in the coliseum?

Enemies having under 200 heath bars now have 550+ bars. 70 bar enemies now have 200+...

Guessing there won't be too much movement in the top 100 now...

Skittles

Fairy Stars material quest has been added. It's on Friday, so 98% chance of the adam quest dropping along with it.

Man, these avatar boards are fucking amazing. Def grab one of each

Fairy Stars material quest has been added. It's on Friday, so 98% chance of the adam quest dropping along with it.

Man, these avatar boards are fucking amazing. Def grab one of each

I'm so out of the meta. I'm just going to wait for attack boost 5 max and such.
Haven't pulled since Seph Ex. Was really hard not to pull for FF Xion.

Also interesting new medal this week in JP. Copied from reddit.

Note: LM Boogie has a 5 pull mercy. It will NOT be reprinted, similar to Limited Medal Jack.
Note: LM Boogie comes preinfused with a skill, Nightmare Stun, which doubles damage and can paralyze enemies up to Lv 1999. This skill has a 100% proc rate.
LM Boogie
Tier: 7
Attribute: Reverse Power
Gauges: 3
Multiplier: 14.04x ~ 19.56x
Ability: [ST] Lowers POWER DEF by 7 tiers for 1 turn. Raises an enemy’s counter by +2. Deals more damage when the enemy is paralyzed.
Hits: 3

Psxphile

Exclusive and unique skills now, huh? Guess we should have seen that coming.
Does that mean we can't apply Attack Boosts and the like without overwriting?

Also: holy fuck there can be enemies up to Lv 1999? Game is out of control.

deanote666

Also: holy fuck there can be enemies up to Lv 1999? Game is out of control.

I'm facing level 2113 enemies in the coliseum. I could still defeat them before today's update. Currently 18th place in the coliseum. If this update stays, I'll be 18th by the end of th emonth.

I'm facing level 2113 enemies in the coliseum. I could still defeat them before today's update. Currently 18th place in the coliseum. If this update stays, I'll be 18th by the end of th emonth.

Yea, I'm questioning if I should even bother doing coliseum. Idk If I can make top 10k. And nothing is under 10k worth having. I wonder if this change will let them start rewarding us brooms/FMB for getting so far in Coliseum.

Probably, but idk why you would want to, it already comes with a great skill. :p

deanote666

Yea, I'm questioning if I should even bother doing coliseum. Idk If I can make top 10k. And nothing is under 10k worth having. I wonder if this change will let them start rewarding us brooms/FMB for getting so far in Coliseum.

Probably, but idk why you would want to, it already comes with a great skill. :p

The reward is ABV but not ABV max so the reward isn't as good as you think.

Edit: apparently the coliseum health spike is a bug.
https://twitter.com/kh_ux_na/status/921063294286229504

Razmos

The daily jewel quests are pissing me off this week.

I don't have the basic paralyze and poison skills. I don't have any 3* or 4* medals. I'm having to spend way more time than I should to do these

deanote666

I don't have the basic paralyze and poison skills. I don't have any 3* or 4* medals. I'm having to spend way more time than I should to do these

You get the tier 1 abilities randomly from the medal pulls. Get their skill level to max and you can give it to another medal. Some of the story quests require these skills as objectives too.

Hang onto a few 3 star medals too. This isn't the first time the requirements have come up. Level up a farm able medal and use a good friend medal.

Skittles

You can get all those skills from the first two coliseum boards and you can just do one story quest and grab a 1* medal

I ended up with several due to Union Cross when the Angry Adventurers were spawning. Basically leveled and promoted all my 1 stars to 3 stars.

Currently have ~25000 jewels. Should I spend any on the jewel boards if I don't have any of those skills or should I continue saving for Foretellers/Kairi EX?

Azuran

Banned
Currently have ~25000 jewels. Should I spend any on the jewel boards if I don't have any of those skills or should I continue saving for Foretellers/Kairi EX?

ATBIV Max + Lux is probably the best skill in the game so far until we get ATBV Max. Second Chance II/DBIV is a must for harder content. Everything else is a great bonus.

Like Skittles said, get one or two if you don't have them, and even if you do, still get them anyways.

Okay, I bought one of Jafar and one of Ursula. I don't know which medals I should use the skills on. I was thinking second chance on Kairi 0.2 and one of the attack 4 on Xion HD. Other defense skills will go on buffers while offense skills go on DPS medals.

Top Bottom