• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 18 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Camel Toews

Marvie_3

Banned
Not a bad night all things considered. I think we played a lot better than our record showed. In two of those early games we got destroyed by our own goalies letting in every piece of garbage that was flung at them.

Still have a ways to go in some areas though.

I'll get caught up on the OP tomorrow night. I've been slacking.

Marvie_3

Banned
I am going to be drinking while watching election results. If the good guy loses, I'm going to be in no mood. If the good guy wins, get ready for drunk Shawn lighting the lamp. Less lame?
Seems like just more padding. It feels like a lot of my college papers. Im afraid Im still going to need more from you. Dig deep!

Seems like just more padding. It feels like a lot of my college papers. Im afraid Im still going to need more from you. Dig deep!
Calgary is currently at a fork in the road. We voted a Muslim Mayor two terms ago, the first to lead a city of this size. Twice he's been voted the world's greatest mayor (no joke, and not just on a coffee mug). There's been a strong feeling of progress for this city, in terms of arts, culture, inclusiveness, and more over those two terms. However, the energy sector has seen a substantial downturn. While our current mayor is the clear leader for finding a way to diversify the city's economy (amongst other things), there's a feeling that a larger backlash against the provincial NDP and National Liberal leaders may turn its head here, seeing voters trying to make a larger point provincially and nationally by not re-electing our current mayor.

All of which has made this an exceptionally ugly campaigning period, with very real problems of racism, meddling of provincial parties in municipal politics and...to bring it full circle, even the NHL has tried to influence the election by dragging our mayor's name through the dirt for standing up to the Flames' and Gary Bettman's absolutely ridiculous arena proposals.

So, in conclusion, if Nenshi loses tonight, fuck the NHL right off for at least 24 hours.

That better?

Marvie_3

Banned
Calgary is currently at a fork in the road. We voted a Muslim Mayor two terms ago, the first to lead a city of this size. Twice he's been voted the world's greatest mayor (no joke, and not just on a coffee mug). There's been a strong feeling of progress for this city, in terms of arts, culture, inclusiveness, and more over those two terms. However, the energy sector has seen a substantial downturn. While our current mayor is the clear leader for finding a way to diversify the city's economy (amongst other things), there's a feeling that a larger backlash against the provincial NDP and National Liberal leaders may turn its head here, seeing voters trying to make a larger point provincially and nationally by not re-electing our current mayor.

All of which has made this an exceptionally ugly campaigning period, with very real problems of racism, meddling of provincial parties in municipal politics and...to bring it full circle, even the NHL has tried to influence the election by dragging our mayor's name through the dirt for standing up to the Flames' and Gary Bettman's absolutely ridiculous arena proposals.

So, in conclusion, if Nenshi loses tonight, fuck the NHL right off for at least 24 hours.

That better?
A+

Im proud of you. 😚

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Where are the DVRs at, Marvie? I wanna see my greatest assist.

Also, good luck to our Calgary neighbour. It’s super discomforting for me to hear the NHL weighing in on the mayoral election personally. Say no to American influence in our politics!

Marvie_3

Banned
Where are the DVRs at, Marvie? I wanna see my greatest assist.

Also, good luck to our Calgary neighbour. It’s super discomforting for me to hear the NHL weighing in on the mayoral election personally. Say no to American influence in our politics!
LOL

Yes Bettman acting on behalf of the Flames ownership (who are ALL Canadian) is TOTALLY American influence.

LOL

Yes Bettman acting on behalf of the Flames ownership (who are ALL Canadian) is TOTALLY American influence.
I'm not concerned about American influence, I'm more concerned about the influence of a bunch of awful humans (Bettman and Flames ownership, particularly Ken King and some *actual* billionaires). They haven't paid taxes on the Saddledome in over two decades and aren't willing to with a new arena. Fuck 'em all.

https://deadspin.com/what-the-nhl-is-doing-in-calgary-is-pretty-gross-1818879619
https://globalnews.ca/news/3746376/...councillors-to-release-details-of-arena-deal/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/calgary-flames-arena-proposal-tax-heavy-says-mayor-naheed-nenshi/

Marvie_3

Banned
I just generalize bad political influence as American influence now :p
1603WbY.gif

Possibly? I may have time for a game or two, most likely, at 6:00pm MST (8:00pm EST) and then I should be back on somewhere around 10:30 MST (12:30am EST). I'll keep an eye out for y'all when I'm on in either case.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally into my new place, I'll be on when you guys are with a mic and my broken elite controller

Marvie_3

Banned
Welcome aboard Delryk. Hopefully your first night wasnt too traumatizing.

Some of those games were just straight up trash. Would have been easily winnable if the puck bounces werent completely one sided.

Delryk

Welcome aboard Delryk. Hopefully your first night wasnt too traumatizing.

Some of those games were just straight up trash. Would have been easily winnable if the puck bounces werent completely one sided.

Hehe we had some ups and downs.. but ive seen worse in dropins lol.

Controller feels so much different now that im used to the ps4.. couldnt pull off moves but im glad i could pot in like 5 penalty shots ahah.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hehe we had some ups and downs.. but ive seen worse in dropins lol.

Controller feels so much different now that im used to the ps4.. couldnt pull off moves but im glad i could pot in like 5 penalty shots ahah.
Thats not really saying much. :lol

I think you scored half our goals tonight on penalty shots. :lol

RedRum

Banned
People are bashing the October Tuner on the EA forums. This sound familiar?

The only logical reason anyone would defend this tuner is if they are the kind of player that has been scoring the exact same goal every game, using the same D trap every game, and sitting in the middle of the slot with their winger all game every game. The people spinning in circles going straight through 3 defenders, or shooting it high slot every time they get in the zone.

Delryk

People are bashing the October Tuner on the EA forums. This sound familiar?

Yah.. its a real pain but there are ways to counter this.. The Visualizer is a god at it.. being aggressive with the stick (never go for a bodycheck) and make sure theyre not on their good stick side. Im not that great at it myself but getting better

The breakaway/penalty shot move is even worse though (works 99.9% of the time) but atleast since youre already against just the goalie, fuck it. The other team just had to defend better or not take a penalty.lol

Delryk

Thats not really saying much. :lol

I think you scored half our goals tonight on penalty shots. :lol

Our rushes were fine.. :) dont want to point fingers as its just a game and i fuck things up myself at times.. but i think we could have cut our goals against in half just by not following the guy with the puck in our zone.. especially when he goes behind our net - just go back in front of our net and dont follow. Only player who should is the center...

Better to go back in front of the net and use your stick to cut the angles. Puck is way too loose in the game right so its really the best weapon

Still had lots of fun with you guys last night!

Top Bottom