• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Space Harrier coming to 3DS

tolkir

cm-27376-050847eec52c0e.gif

Dwayne

Notably there is 4 slots at the top of the page, Super Hang On, Space Harrier, ??? & ???.

Come on Outrun and Galaxy Force!

Will definitely buy. 3D Space Harrier was great.

I'd love if Outrun and Afterburner were next, though that would probably involve getting the respective licenses back or just editing the car/planes Shenmue style.

Came into the thread looking for a release date and instead I get a release date for another game that could be be here but is not. My body has been ready for this too long! :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
FUCK YES!!!!!!!

Outrun next pleeeeeeeease!
Will there be online leaderboards?

No leaderboards, the feature set is pretty similar to Space Harrier:

-Game saves both individual lap times and total times from each stage; you can begin from any checkpoint you've reached previously
-Suspend save, save state and replay saving
-Circle pad, d-pad or touch-screen movement (there's a gyro option, too)
-Remappable accelerate/brake/turbo
-Different difficulty/dipswitch-style settings--difficulty, time extends, etc
-Option to emulate the handling of either the "mini ride-on" cab or the "sit-down cab"
-Four different screen options: original aspect ratio, 4:3 aspect ratio, full-screen, and "cabinet mode" with simulated tilting (you can set the "depth" of the tilt this time, I think)
-Music/SFX jukebox with equaliser functions for each sound channel

Mechazawa

Man, new thread for new news, you guys. I thought this bump was going to maybe be about the game's release outside of Japan.

wondermega

SO AWESOME: Announcement of Hang-On. Sega is The Man.

SO TERRIBLE: No word nothin' about that game or Space Harrier appearing in NA

SO THEN: Come on Sega. Make me happy like only you can.

TwiztidElf

While we've got all the Space Harrier nerds together in one thread, let me introduce you all to:

Takenobu Mitsuyoshi Sings the Space Harrier Theme Song (w/lyrics!)

(sorry those hoping for a news bump, but let Mitsuyoshi's singing calm you)
^
I am completely obsessed with this. I bought it off the iStore and can't stop listening to it.
Can someone who knows Japanese please do a translation of the lyrics?

Sorry to bump without any release news. :(
I'm the same as you. This is my current most anticipated.

Yes Boss!

Oh man,

I moved to the circle-pad for movement. Can't believe I've been using the dpad. With the snapback of the pad AND the screen it is perfect.

Top Bottom