• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

causan

377004_288272471194320_136188433069392_971899_1322892606_n.png

Gonna take this card for an avatar

Xilium

If you purchase the game on Steam no money will go to EA as 38 self published Reckoning with Steam due to community requests that it be available.

lol, the hate people have for EA runs deep.

I ordered the special edition so I guess all my money goes to the developer.

Artadius

OT is really good.

I'll be preordering through Steam so that (hopefully) 38/BHG get more of my monies.

I have a feeling this game is going to wreck my completionist nature. If I see a quest available... I have to do it!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Glad to see more people picking destiny card avatars. It has this weird uniformity in the thread when everyone is using one.

If I see a quest available... I have to do it!

I'm the same way. Which is fine. Just means I'll get plenty of playtime out of this game.

moop1167

I really hope there will be .ini tweaks in the pc version. There isn't even an nvidia profile so I don't know how I am going to tweak those kinds of things either.

scy

Glad to see more people picking destiny card avatars. It has this weird uniformity in the thread when everyone is using one.

Spellcloak was already taken so, eh ... guess I'll stick with my Umineko. I guess Shadowcaster is still around...

Edit: Decided to switch~

398408_336724096349157_136188433069392_1108443_1582235908_n.png
taken.

This is such a great time of year for a game like this to come out (for me at least). There aren't many games coming out in February that I'm interested in so I can give plenty of attention to this one. It reminds me of similar situations I had with Deus Ex: HR and Dark Souls last year, and I think it really helped me appreciate those games even more than I normally would have.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Spellcloak was already taken so, eh ... guess I'll stick with my Umineko. I guess Shadowcaster is still around...

Shadowcaster looks awesome too. Do it. :O

erragal

I wanted to change mine to the Seer but I can't do it while I'm at work. Hopefully it's still there when I get home!!! (No one likes the Seer...don't do it!)

The best thing about Reckoning is that it's likely going to last me most of the year. I won't need another RPG to sink 100+ hours into.

Double D

Been trying to download this demo on PSN (PS3 only thing hooked up at the moment) since it has been available and it still isn't done yet!!! Can I download it somewhere on the internet and push it to my PS3 via USB or something?

Khezu

Based on the demo, detect hidden seems like the best skill.

Just like my opinion, man.
When's the embargo up

IGN's review will be up friday, but there IGN so it will probably be mostly useless.

Effect

Nice OT. Good job.

Honestly what is still holding me back the most (there are other things that I have issue with but some of it might get better as the game goes on and when I'm not working against a countdown ala the demo and can freely take my time) is frame rate issues and the position of the camera. The camera really bothers me. If I had some guarantee that this was addressed for the better I would pre-order this and possibly wait to get Resident Evil: Revelations.

ReaperXL7

Demo was awful. Will wait on reviews.

lol dident you say you spent 30hrs on the demo in the impressions thread?

Thanks for the kudos everyone, my first OT so i'm sure there are things I could have/Should have done differently, but especially being a new IP with lots of information out there I wanted to try and make it as informative as possible. Especially for those who had not been paying much attention to it for very long.

Quick question ,how are people getting their links from the Amalur Foundry Ability calculator? Just typing it out?

Is the guide by the same people who did the dark souls one?

Yes the guide is by Futureworks.

Nice OT. Good job.

Honestly what is still holding me back the most (there are other things that I have issue with but some of it might get better as the game goes on and when I'm not working against a countdown ala the demo and can freely take my time) is frame rate issues and the position of the camera. The camera really bothers me. If I had some guarantee that this were addressed for the better I would pre-order this and possibly wait to get Resident Evil: Revelations.

Don't know which platform your playing on, but the PS3 framerate is supposed to have been fixed, also the lead combat designer has been taking feedback on the Camera issues since the demo released so they are looking into it.

Nista

Nice OT. Good job.

Honestly what is still holding me back the most (there are other things that I have issue with but some of it might get better as the game goes on and when I'm not working against a countdown ala the demo and can freely take my time) is frame rate issues and the position of the camera. The camera really bothers me. If I had some guarantee that this were addressed for the better I would pre-order this and possibly wait to get Resident Evil: Revelations.

You should check out JoeQ's updates on the Reckoning forums. Sounds like the camera will get some love, so I'd wait on RE.

Quick question ,how are people getting their links from the Amalur Foundry Ability calculator? Just typing it out?

There's a section on the right called "Return Link" that gives you the url to link to a specific build once you spend points.

thetrin

that is 7 days which is 168 Hours which also is 10 080 minutes which comes out to be 604 800 seconds... >_> such a long wait lol.

Well when you say it like that...OH GOD IT'S UNBEARABLE

Effect

You should check out JoeQ's updates on the Reckoning forums. Sounds like the camera will get some love, so I'd wait on RE.

Gotta check when I get home. Did they say it was going to be addressed day one or just sometime in the future? If it's simply added to the "to do list" it could easily be ignored and not get addressed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Looking forward to this though I'm hoping the full versions UI is substantially different then the demo.

Epic Drop

I'm so pumped for this game! I haven't preordered a game in a long time, but I couldn't preorder this fast enough after trying the demo.

Going to play some mage variation... haven't decided on pure mage or a mage hybrid. The spell casting just felt fantastic in the demo.

Great job on the OT. I only played the demo for the ME3 stuff but I am so glad that I did. I wound up loving it. This game is now day 1 for me. Next week cant get here soon enough, oh and fuck the Yankees!

matmanx1

Great OT! You did well, Reaper. Pre-ordered and ready to download on Steam as soon as the preload is available. Next week is going to be a blast!

My only regret with Steam is not getting the nifty Fate touched weapons or extra destinies card but it seems like there's going to be no shortage of loot to go around.

Haunted

Looking forward to this though I'm hoping the full versions UI is substantially different then the demo.
UI in the demo was final.

And yeah, it's pretty bad. Also don't like the idea of inventory slots instead of proper weight management, but eh.

At least you can compare and equip new stuff directly from the loot screen. Really necessary since they've made it so unwieldy to actually get to your equipment menus.

thetrin

Great OT! You did well, Reaper. Pre-ordered and ready to download on Steam as soon as the preload is available. Next week is going to be a blast!

My only regret with Steam is not getting the nifty Fate touched weapons or extra destinies card but it seems like there's going to be no shortage of loot to go around.

Yeah. For me personally, when playing a loot-based game, I tend to like what I find in the game over what I get as a preorder bonus anyway. I'm sure they'll be a nice boost early on, but that's about it. :)

Damn that gamestop compass preorder is so tempting.. Guess I'll do that and this old best buy gift card will go toward GoT season one instead.

Frugality aside, I'm stoked! I'm actually glad I have to work 12 hour shifts all week to occupy my time or else I'd keep playing the demo over and over.

Anyway, heres hoping this game sells gangbusters for Curt and everybody at 38 and BHG! Good luck guys.

Top Bottom