• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 screenshots Leaked [Update: New microtransaction hell screenshots]

Skux

I got the plat on JC2 because I loved it so much. If this has microtransactions for item drops then count me the fuck out.

Then what? Digital Download?

"Freemium," maybe? Play for free, grind out your diamonds, or buy them straight up to play your way.

Just Cause 3 is never coming. We're getting Just Cause: We Needed Moar Money, a score-attack persistent multiplayer experience.

Hip Hop

"Freemium," maybe? Play for free, grind out your diamonds, or buy them straight up to play your way.

Just Cause 3 is never coming. We're getting Just Cause: We Needed Moar Money, a score-attack persistent multiplayer experience.

I really don't think they will let go of the TRUE Just Cause. I think this is a stop gap for whatever is next in the series so this shouldn't be looked as a sequel.

Having trouble deciding between "notlikethis.gif" and "michaelscottno.gif".... just give me that sweet SP experience, SE... come on....

JohnChang

Banned
not a huge update from last game at least from those pictures, the player model looks much better but the hill in the distance etc look sameish.

definitely excited though, just cause 2 was my favorite 3rd person open world game even over GTA5

jc2 below

jc25e7mg3uw6.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Don't like the F2P signs, but dang, from the angle in that second shot, the face and hair modeling/lighting looks really good. Looking at Just Cause 2 and Mad Max, I wouldn't have expected that.

Skux

Oh god, I'm getting the awful idea of PvZ2 on iPhone... Gain diamonds by doing objectives and then use them to unlock every new level and weapon.

Griss

If it's F2P this game just went from my top 10 most wanted / most anticipated list to my top 10 most despised.

Just Cause 2 was the unexpected gem of the last generation. If ever there was a time to just give us more of the same, upgraded and with added multiplayer, this was it. F2P, on the other hand... not like this.

Square-Enix is behind Just Cause and Sleeping Dogs, right? It would explain their recent directional shift a lot.
I really don't think they will let go of the TRUE Just Cause. I think this is a stop gap for whatever is next in the series so this shouldn't be looked as a sequel.

Well, it doesn't look like Scorpio is the player character... so, at the very least, I imagine we will always be able to hope for a real Just Cause 3.

Come on Squeidos, we're already sufficiently bummed by Sleeping Dogs getting turned into this online gangster thing no one asked for.

At least Hitman and Deus Ex might still be heading in the right direction.

_woLf

FUCK THIS F2P BULLSHIT

JC2 was fucking AMAZING and they're going to completely ruin it. I can't believe it.

I hate this industry.

Top Bottom