• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT9| The Return of the Queen

Rayis

I have a conflicting relationship with food, I like it but I don't at the same time, I would definitely try to live off of Soylent and see if I can get used to it.

berzeli

Banned
Ok so we have a thread about how Taiwan became the first Asian nation to legalise gay marriage, in the process outdating the chart & map I posted a while back in this thread in the best possible way.

Then I browsed through photos from AP, Reuters, twitter, etc. And found this from reuters:
SnPNxM7.jpg

This is how I want all LGBT supporters to dress at all times from here on out.

I have a conflicting relationship with food, I like it but I don't at the same time, I would definitely try to live off of Soylent and see if I can get used to it.

BUT SOYLENT IS PEOPLE!!!!

Ok so we have a thread about how Taiwan became the first Asian nation to legalise gay marriage, in the process outdating the chart & map I posted a while back in this thread in the best possible way.

Then I browsed through photos from AP, Reuters, twitter, etc. And found this from reuters:
SnPNxM7.jpg

You want everyone to dress up like creepy nightmare fuel?

Gibbs

I looked it up and it intrigues me. The idea is good but still leaves me wondering.

I fear eating because I'll gain weight. I am pretty smart with how I eat but I feel guilty after lunch/dinner and rush to the gym to try and undo the damage I did. Ironically, I didn't do anything bad, it's just how bad mentally I am with food. Though being over 300+ pounds at one point doesn't help.

SnPNxM7.jpg

Uhh that is shit nightmares are made of. I would run and hide, literally.

berzeli

Banned
Uhh that is shit nightmares are made of. I would run and hide, literally.
Is it really wrong of me to want to see Roboscruff [name pending] strike fear into all those who opposes gay marriage? Just imagine it for yourselves:

It's 2024.
The rain pours down, a man covers under his sign as he makes his way home from yet another failed meeting. The lettering is smudged and you can barely make out the message Same-sex marriage is unwelcome in Taiwan as the rain continues to wash the ink away.
"Even fewer people turned up for this one," he thinks to himself, "the Roboscruffs either scare them away or-"
He can't finish the thought as he spots the by now familiar terror; a man with that fearsome plush bear head carrying a rainbow umbrella.
"No... Dear God no!," the man shouts as the steely blue lights in the middle of the fake-fur clad face centres in on him.
He tries to run even though he knows there is no use, he will be caught, they always are.
The chase is short - There is the sounds of two men running, a squishy sound, then a loud shriek, finished by a much quieter sound, that of the opening of an umbrella.
When it is done, all that is left is the rain against the umbrella as the blood seeps down the nearby storm drain.

This is the future that Liberals I want.

Gibbs

Is it really wrong of me to want to see Roboscruff [name pending] strike fear into all those who opposes gay marriage? Just imagine it for yourselves:

It's 2024.
The rain pours down, a man covers under his sign as he makes his way home from yet another failed meeting. The lettering is smudged and you can barely make out the message Same-sex marriage is unwelcome in Taiwan as the rain continues to wash the ink away.
"Even fewer people turned up for this one," he thinks to himself, "the Roboscruffs either scare them away or-"
He can't finish the thought as he spots the by now familiar terror; a man with that fearsome plush bear head carrying a rainbow umbrella.
"No... Dear God no!," the man shouts as the steely blue lights in the middle of the fake-fur clad face centres in on him.
He tries to run even though he knows there is no use, he will be caught, they always are.
The chase is short - There is the sounds of two men running, a squishy sound, then a loud shriek, finished by a much quieter sound, that of the opening of an umbrella.
When it is done, all that is left is the rain against the umbrella as the blood seeps down the nearby storm drain.

Holy shit. I grinned admittedly. You deserve that future. It should happen.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Woo hoo! Go Taiwan!

Same~

It's 2024.

haha

Kevyt

This is extremely disheartening for me since he is HIV positive. I know the antiretrovirals are very tough, I had my little experience with PEP that I shared in the thread and I understand it's awful, but not taking them is literally a death sentence, and there is no reasoning with him.

What country does your brother live in?

SnPNxM7.jpg

You are a furry now. The complimentary fursuit is in the mail now.

The marriage change in Taiwan is great on its own. But I can't help but remember some conservatives in Australia last year said that since none of Asia (our neighbours) has marriage equality we shouldn't either. I don't expect that to change their minds...

Crayons

Banned
I think i might be the only non-Japanese at my new job.

I'm happy to be working here, because:
-I'll be able to practice my Japanese
-I'll be able to say I worked at a high end Japanese restaurant on my resume
-Maybe I can hook up with some bara looking Japanese men??

I was filling out paperwork and I couldn't see him, but I could hear some gruff voice speaking Japanese sounding like a samurai in an anime. My manager, on the other hand, just looks like a typical Japanese businessman.

I wonder what they think about me. Probably think I'm some kind of weeaboo.

-Maybe I can hook up with some bara loI was filling out paperwork and I couldn't see him, but I could hear some gruff voice speaking Japanese sounding like a samurai in an anime. My manager, on the other hand, just looks like a typical Japanese businessman.
You might have fallen into an episode of Samurai Gourmet.

Gibbs

What a night at Planet Fitness. The front desk girl beat the hell out of this random girl who was starting shit. It was insane.

Gibbs

You didn't record any of it?

No =(... i was actually stunned at what I was seeing. It's always so quiet and tonight there is hair pulling, pushing, shoving, screaming, f bombs, and punches being thrown.

Odds are the girl will lose her job but she was justified to defend herself from what i saw.

Vorg

Banned
This is extremely disheartening for me since he is HIV positive. I know the antiretrovirals are very tough, I had my little experience with PEP that I shared in the thread and I understand it's awful, but not taking them is literally a death sentence, and there is no reasoning with him.

The antiretrovirals are actuallynot that tough these days. They can be uncomfortable at first as the body is adjusting and a few side effects like nausea or diarrhea may occur, but after a few weeks it will all return to normal as long as the person is consistent and takes the 2 or so pills needed every day. If not, it's just a matter of trying out a different combination that will work out best for them. The 2 friends I have with Hiv don't even remember they have it most of the time because nothing changed in their lives besides taking a few pills with breakfast.

Don't give up Mantidor! Keep trying to convince your brother to take his meds, because once his immune system gets passed a certain stage, there's a risk that opportunistic diseases like PCP and kaposi sarcoma start occurring. His life is on the line.

Make sure he knows how awful and painful AIDS can be and that there's absolutely no reason anyone should let things get to that stage this day and age since hiv can be so easily controlled.

Is it some cooking bara anime?
A live action Japanese show on Netflix about an imaginary samurai who inspires a new retiree to have new foods and live according to his desires. It features seductive camera shots of food.

I only saw the first episode so far.

mantidor

What country does your brother live in?

He lives back in Colombia. I moved to Brazil 6 years ago and it's been downhill since I left in almost every front with my family, my therapist warned me in a way, that that kind of thing is common for overly protective families like mine in order to tie someone back, even if its done unconsciously.

The antiretrovirals are actuallynot that tough these days. They can be uncomfortable at first as the body is adjusting and a few side effects like nausea or diarrhea may occur, but after a few weeks it will all return to normal as long as the person is consistent and takes the 2 or so pills needed every day. If not, it's just a matter of trying out a different combination that will work out best for them. The 2 friends I have with Hiv don't even remember they have it most of the time because nothing changed in their lives besides taking a few pills with breakfast.

Don't give up Mantidor! Keep trying to convince your brother to take his meds, because once his immune system gets passed a certain stage, there's a risk that opportunistic diseases like PCP and kaposi sarcoma start occurring. His life is on the line.

Make sure he knows how awful and painful AIDS can be and that there's absolutely no reason anyone should let things get to that stage this day and age since hiv can be so easily controlled.

This is what is infuriating, he knows most of this, but he's now in full-on tinfoil hat mode, and there is sadly depression and substance abuse into the mix. It's really been exhausting, but he's an adult, he's in his late 20s already, there is only so much we as family can do for him. I do try to speak with him, but it's hard.

Bladenic

"Nothing changed"

Except uh aren't those pills (PREP or PeP) insanely expensive? Yeah.

Kevyt

Antiretroviral medication is free over here, not sure about the US.

They are expensive but we have the Ryan White Care Act in the US that makes medications affordable with assistance for low income individuals. Many pharmaceutical companies (Gilead, Merck) also have patient programs for low income individuals.

DOWN

Banned
Y'all ever buy clothes that would require you to step up your fitness to have it fit just as you want? Aspirational pieces? 😂

Gibbs

Y'all ever buy clothes that would require you to step up your fitness to have it fit just as you want? Aspirational pieces? 😂

Are we discussing like weight loss? Building muscle/sculpting a specific area or trying to firm an area, like pecs or ass?

Personally, I find that clothing is fitting weirdly for me at the moment, since this is the thinnest I've ever been, I am fitting in between a MD and LG. Though I rather struggle with this than be well over 300 pounds again.

Currently I am focusing on my legs and ass at the gym. I want dat booty yo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
He is perfection. Anyone want to go to Rio?
Let's kidnap him and make him gaf property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pR5cyH63mA

Y'all ever buy clothes that would require you to step up your fitness to have it fit just as you want? Aspirational pieces? ��

no but I have purchased clothes before that I thought would work for me but then I got them and realized that they weren't going to work unless I had a more muscular body :/

Gibbs

I just put a shirt on and my man boobs that once were are no longer noticeable.. but you can begin seeing pecs. Rejoice!

Had a job interview last week (didn't 'fit the profile' so I didn't get it) and it was a group solicitation. One of the guys there was one of the most handsome guys I've ever seen with a gorgeous smile. Already had this fantasy in mind of us both being hired together, starting together, getting to know each other, falling in love and walking hand in hand on a beach during sunset.

But yeah, didn't get hired so pop went that fantasy. But man, talk about guy from your dreams.

Had a job interview last week (didn't 'fit the profile' so I didn't get it) and it was a group solicitation. One of the guys there was one of the most handsome guys I've ever seen with a gorgeous smile. Already had this fantasy in mind of us both being hired together, starting together, getting to know each other, falling in love and walking hand in hand on a beach during sunset.

But yeah, didn't get hired so pop went that fantasy. But man, talk about guy from your dreams.
Aww, but a group job interview is the perfect icebreaker :p

Gibbs

I've been house sitting for my elderly deaf neighbor. He was supposed to return home Monday, then leave again Wednesday or Thursday of this week to go to Arizona. Well, he never came home. I contacted his grandson on Tuesday evening since he still wasn't home and I was panicking. They said he wasn't feeling well, but they were taking good care of him.

His grandchildren are my age or a bit older and they've kept me in the loop which I'm thankful for. He's been admitted to the hospital for exhaustion, dehydration, and pneumonia. I just got a facebook message from my neighbor, and they're now checking him for cancer, so something must have shown up in all the test yesterday. He even told me he loved me, and to pray for him.

I'm crushed.

mantidor

I'm gonna go ahead and guess "fuck no."

The US is such an embarrassment when it comes to medication and health insurance. SAD!

For all the problems Brazil has at least they have great HIV policies. They do have free HIV medication, free PEP, and just recently it has been approved to give PrEP treatment for free for risk groups, including sexual workers and men who have sex with men, although in limited quantities, but at least is something.

DOWN

Banned
Are we discussing like weight loss? Building muscle/sculpting a specific area or trying to firm an area, like pecs or ass?

Personally, I find that clothing is fitting weirdly for me at the moment, since this is the thinnest I've ever been, I am fitting in between a MD and LG. Though I rather struggle with this than be well over 300 pounds again.

Currently I am focusing on my legs and ass at the gym. I want dat booty yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pR5cyH63mA

no but I have purchased clothes before that I thought would work for me but then I got them and realized that they weren't going to work unless I had a more muscular body :/

Yes, I have in the past.
yeah there was a shirt I wanted but I put it on and almost bought it despite the cut having unusually loose sleeves in my experience and for a minute I was like "oh it's summer so maybe I'll feel like getting huge and it will fit me nice in like two months" and that's not realistic so I didn't get it. But I'll keep that "oh it's summer so maybe I'll feel like getting huge in two months" vibe on the table lmao. For now I remain too slim in the arm and bland for that shirt

Alrus

*Insert stupid Macron would only be interested in daddies joke here*

Also Macron needs someone to help him pick better shoes.

I've been house sitting for my elderly deaf neighbor. He was supposed to return home Monday, then leave again Wednesday or Thursday of this week to go to Arizona. Well, he never came home. I contacted his grandson on Tuesday evening since he still wasn't home and I was panicking. They said he wasn't feeling well, but they were taking good care of him.

His grandchildren are my age or a bit older and they've kept me in the loop which I'm thankful for. He's been admitted to the hospital for exhaustion, dehydration, and pneumonia. I just got a facebook message from my neighbor, and they're now checking him for cancer, so something must have shown up in all the test yesterday. He even told me he loved me, and to pray for him.

I'm crushed.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything turns out okay.

DOWN

Banned

I'm crushed.
Oh no. Hope it turns out fine. I'm sure they appreciate you caring.

Gibbs

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything turns out okay.

We're all praying. For 84yrs old he is a tough guy. He is in incredible shape and still does everything from mowing, to gardening, to even working on his car. We joke he is still a kid, as he grows a beard to "feel young and hip." It's just gut wrenching waiting for a text, facetime alert, or facebook message to appear as I'm preparing for the worst, but praying for the best. He's a fantastic man and deserves the best.

yeah there was a shirt I wanted but I put it on and almost bought it despite the cut having unusually loose sleeves in my experience and for a minute I was like "oh it's summer so maybe I'll feel like getting huge and it will fit me nice in like two months" and that's not realistic so I didn't get it. But I'll keep that "oh it's summer so maybe I'll feel like getting huge in two months" vibe on the table lmao. For now I remain too slim in the arm and bland for that shirt

I'm the same way with the whole "in two months" vibe mindset. Though it's an incredible motivational tool,but it also can burst your dream in the two months that it didn't happen like you mentally prepared yourself for. Regardless, you're slim so maybe building muscle and seeing results wouldn't be too difficult verses me for example who is losing nagging fat and dealing with excess skin to see results.

We all should work together to get you into tip top shape for Summer 2018. Summer of DOWN in progress.

Important political update!!!!!!!!

WjWSPBK.jpg

QmdVFLw.jpg

6xUupfY.jpg

*swooooooooon*
(the fanfic is just writing itself at this point)

If someone looked at me that way, my life would be complete. Their thirst for one another is real.

Oh no. Hope it turns out fine. I'm sure they appreciate you caring.

Definitely. His family continues to tell me how much they appreciate me, and even how much my neighbor likes me. He apparently talks about me all the time like I'm one of his grandchildren.

They always tell me how much easier I make things(like worrying and such) since they all live a bit away from here, and how I'm always on top of things when helping care for him. Even though he is more than capable, I'm there to help or ease things for him.

Top Bottom