• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Hylian7

Is Amazon still handling new amiibo where each one becomes available at a certain time? What time are the Squid Sisters tomorrow?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Maybe no one told Amazon that new Amiibos are coming out. They're just going to appear in their warehouses; the stock guys will scratch their heads and throw them in a corner, destined to pop up on Amazon Warehouse without warning three months from now.

mfw i was so engrossed in Pokemon Go i never checked here to see about new amiibos

Holy hell, Rathian is bae and I'm gonna have to get these now. I really want to order them, but I got kind of burned on FamiROB and I'm still sad about that.

Amazon pls..im really sad they didn't show up because i would have loved to have them on launch. Im not sure if i'm gonna just go and pick them up in store or not though since i'm gonna be busy the next few days ;-;

Anyone who's at a store, whats the stock like on these guys/how many were ordered?

tolkir

Callie & Marie say hello.

dsc_0062c1jxd.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At this rate, I might just use my $25 gift coupon for GS instead of ordering from Amazon, assuming GS doesn't run out by the time I wake up.

Hylian7

You guys that are getting Callie and Marie today, are you not in the US? I thought the US release date was tomorrow.

I took the plunge and bought Monster Hunter Ultimate 4, at Diggeh's suggestion, because I want to know where the new Amiibo actually come from and who they are. What should I expect?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I took the plunge and bought Monster Hunter Ultimate 4, at Diggeh's suggestion, because I want to know where the new Amiibo actually come from and who they are. What should I expect?

Expect a really fun addicting game with tons of classes you can easily switch between with lots of cool weapons. Here's the GAF OT for lots of helpful info (check the FAQ too)! You should try every weapon tutorial first to see what you like. I main Heavy Bowgun for the raw power and fun, but most people really like the swords.

Expect a really fun addicting game with tons of classes you can easily switch between with lots of cool weapons. Here's the GAF OT for lots of helpful info (check the FAQ too)! You should try every weapon tutorial first to see what you like. I main Heavy Bowgun for the raw power and fun, but most people really like the swords.

Thanks! I can't wait to play when it arrives this weekend!

Holy shit, just checked out the OT - I can play as Mega Man and Samus???!!

shandy706

I've honestly never played a proper MH game before. Sad....I know. Between Wii, Wii U, or original DSi..what is best?

Also, on top of what's best...is there a worthy DSi version.

PtM

Banned
I've honestly never played a proper MH game before. Sad....I know. Between Wii, Wii U, or original DSi..what is best?

WiiU still has (active) online, and since it's an Ultimate edition, there's plenty of content. Wii has most of its content stripped, since no online, and the story mode is also in Ultimate; only thing it still has going for itself is a handful of split-screen coop fights. There's no DSi game.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! I can't wait to play when it arrives this weekend!

Holy shit, just checked out the OT - I can play as Mega Man and Samus???!!

Technically it's gear for your Palicoes, the kitties that fight alongside you. There's tons of free Nintendo DLC and it's awesome.

DSi pls

4U is the best by a landslide. 3U was pretty decent, but then you hit the water areas...Those things are the worst! You'll spend minutes swimming around only for the monster to swim right back the way you came! 4U got rid of all that deep open water entirely for the betterment of mankind.

My secret plan to get AmiiboGAF to play MH4U is working

shandy706

WiiU still has (active) online, and since it's an Ultimate edition, there's plenty of content. Wii has most of its content stripped, since no online, and the story mode is also in Ultimate; only thing it still has going for itself is a handful of split-screen coop fights. There's no DSi game.

Technically it's gear for your Palicoes, the kitties that fight alongside you. There's tons of free Nintendo DLC and it's awesome.

DSi pls

4U is the best by a landslide. 3U was pretty decent, but then you hit the water areas...Those things are the worst! You'll spend minutes swimming around only for the monster to swim right back the way you came! 4U got rid of all that deep open water entirely for the betterment of mankind.

My secret plan to get AmiiboGAF to play MH4U is working

Ok, sounds like I'm looking up 4U.

ChrisD

Diggeh wat r u doin

what about generations in a week
Peddle the Generations demo :p

Barioth is one of my favorite designs, glad he's getting an amiibo!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh wat r u doin

what about generations in a week
Peddle the Generations demo :p

Barioth is one of my favorite designs, glad he's getting an amiibo!

Chris pls you gotta spend dozens of hours in 4U first it's a right of passage

They can still play the Generations demo!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Has there been confirmation that we're getting the MonHun amiibo in North America?
I know tomorrow is Splatoon, and then nothing until November (hopefully we get news of the final three Smash Bros). 2017 is Zelda.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Has there been confirmation that we're getting the MonHun amiibo in North America?
I know tomorrow is Splatoon, and then nothing until November (hopefully we get news of the final three Smash Bros). 2017 is Zelda.

There has not.

I'm sure Nintendo will throw a few more Animal Crossing card sets out there between now and November to fill the gap, don't you worry.

I feel like I'm making a grave mistake by not buying these right now... I know amiibo haven't had supply issues in ages now, but still. It IS Splatoon, and two highly popular characters at that...

Ugh. I really shouldn't be spending another $60 right now. Maybe just Callie and Marie, but still, even $25 probably isn't wise...

Sallokin

Monster Hunter Stories Amiibo are up on Amazon.co.jp. Not sure if this game has been announced for the US, but the Amiibo look amazing.

georly

Anyone else order Callie/Marie off amazon this morning? Why no prime discount? I switched to a best buy in-store preorder because of it.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else order Callie/Marie off amazon this morning? Why no prime discount? I switched to a best buy in-store preorder because of it.

Prime discount only applies to games in first two weeks of release. Doesn't include accessories, Amiibo etc like GCU.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Oh. In that case I don't know.

I just went with Amazon as its been a long week and I'd rather pay more than hassle with going to Best Buy for pick up.

Jawmuncher

georly

Oh. In that case I don't know.

I just went with Amazon as its been a long week and I'd rather pay more than hassle with going to Best Buy for pick up.

According to amiibo alerts on twitter discount is applied when shipped:

ICYMI: New Splatoon amiibo are available on Amazon: amii.bo/29n0la7 Prime discount will apply when shipped pic.twitter.com/SWWkKQh4BO

The_Kid

So did they announce another 3 monster hunter amiibo besides the ones before? I saw pictures on my twitter feed.

I don't really follow the series but need them because amiibo. XD

Can also talk to Amazon Rep and link the mario bros amiibos if you don't want to take a chance on the 20% prime discount.

TheGrue

Thanks for the heads up on Amazon putting up the Splatoon stuff. I've been out of the loop and had forgotten these were even coming out today until yesterday and then I saw Amazon didn't have them. Don't really have time right now to go looking around for them in stores, so getting them shipped for free from Amazon was my best option.

Neoxon

It's now starting to look like the last 3 Smash 4 Amiibos are being saved for the launch of the NX port of the game. Any of you agree, or do you have conflicting thoughts?

PtM

Banned
It's now starting to look like the last 3 Smash 4 Amiibos are being saved for the launch of the NX port of the game. Any of you agree, or do you have conflicting thoughts?
Could be the holidays as well. Time's running out, though.

Oh yeah, I should post more often in they new amiibo events and what not. Gamestop had a buy 2 pre-owned, get 3 free on interactive figures a few days ago; the 5 in this picture were the only ones I had any interest in getting from their selection. Though getting Little Mac just gave my wallet the future death sentence, "You might as well get everyone in the Smash collection, even the ones you don't want like Olimar for the sake of completing the collection.
I would've bought the Callie & Marie 2 pack, but my wallet is dead from the Steam Summer Sale, and it's safe to assume that they'll be on sale at a reduced price later down the road.

Edit: Also, amiibo drew me back into collection figurines and plushies in general, so...... help?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Y0oLa6m.jpg

Just think: That's about $1,300 in Amiibos, not counting the fact that several can only be obtained by buying full retail copies of video games and then you have oddly priced ones like the Yarn Yoshis and the three-packs.

Top Bottom