• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

01net: Mario Galaxy originates from an external source

[Nintex] said:
Still we might see some heads roll but the company wouldn't be 'shut down and liquidated immediately'. See the Rupert Murdoch case, those people lie about everything, you can read it from their faces(and the evidence) and behold the company is still up and running.

Not to their SHAREHOLDERS. That is the key here.

They have gone on record to state where their ideas come from and they have referred their shareholders to their Iwata Asks features many times.

If they were doing that, knowing full well that it was all complete bullshit, the company would be shut down as it would be outright deception.

Shareholders buy into the company under the impression that Nintendo foster their own talent and develop their own prototypes, code and ideas. If they were instead sourcing them all from elsewhere, they would be a talent acquisition company rather than a pure breed game developer - thus purposely deceiving their shareholders.

Not to mention that Yamauchi is Nintendo's largest shareholder and he would know immediately if Iwata was lying (and would stop him from doing so straight away, for fear of losing his company)

BTW, don't mean to brag here but I did graduate with a business degree so I do know what I'm talking about here.

herod

I always feel like it's not the ideas but what you do with them that counts. Nintendo turn simple ideas into great games over and over, that's not something you can easily reproduce.

Mael said:
You quoted the part of my post where it have no bearing?
and seriously the last investor call where the investor ask the question whether or it's 3d that holds no value to customers was pretty telling.

If you're going to make an extraordinary claim - that the 3DS isn't the successor to the DS and that Nintendo execs know this and have deliberately misled the public and investors (for what reason?) - you're going to need extraordinary proof.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
it's testament to how good at developing these new concepts nintendo is that people believe them to be superhuman acts of creation that could not have come from one place.

beelzebozo said:
it's testament to how good at developing these new concepts nintendo is that people believe them to be superhuman acts of creation that could not have come from one place.

Even better, you have people who believe that these concepts are coming from some magical well (that probably descended from heaven) that Nintendo and Nintendo only have access to. LOFUCKINGL.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Nuclear Muffin said:
Even better, you have people who believe that these concepts are coming from some magical well (that probably descended from heaven) that Nintendo and Nintendo only have access to. LOFUCKINGL.

all very talented and prolific artists buy their ideas by throwing bags of change down this magic well.

gkryhewy

beelzebozo said:
Even magical luigi-cosplaying whistleblowers have their doubts.

benjipwns

Banned
apana said:
I just beat Assassin's Creed 2 a little while back and loved it, this woman is amazing! By the way those other people need to get out of the way, they are ruining the picture.
jzQwn.jpg

TimeKillr

Instro said:
People are forgetting that they were not the first site with WiiU info, and that they also got that Vita RAM rumor wrong.

I said it in a previous thread:

They did not get the Vita RAM rumor wrong. Sony had actually slashed the Vita's RAM in half and recently reverted their decision because apparently a shit ton of developers complained to them about it because they'd been working assuming a specific amount of ram. If it had actually been kept cut in half, the launch titles would have been severely threatened.

The RAM stuff was confirmed to me by a few sources (various ex-colleagues at various game devs).

[Nintex]

TimeKillr said:
I said it in a previous thread:

They did not get the Vita RAM rumor wrong. Sony had actually slashed the Vita's RAM in half and recently reverted their decision because apparently a shit ton of developers complained to them about it because they'd been working assuming a specific amount of ram. If it had actually been kept cut in half, the launch titles would have been severely threatened.

The RAM stuff was confirmed to me by a few sources (various ex-colleagues at various game devs).
I've said that as well but people won't believe you unless you give names and sources and put their careers in jeopardy

So it's only "Day 3", but I'm starting to think the "Iwata drop the bomb" meme should get a little more literal.

Although on the other hand, let the rubbish believe rubbish. They'll both always exist so no point trying to stop it.

overcast

I started playing this game the other day, and anytime I'm at home I cannot stop. It's so goddamn great.. So who gives a shit about this thread?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
overcast said:
I started playing this game the other day, and anytime I'm at home I cannot stop. It's so goddamn great.. So who gives a shit about this thread?

You didn't need to click on or read the thread. If you want to talk about how you're enjoying Mario Galaxy, you can feel free to start a thread about Mario Galaxy.

overcast

Stumpokapow said:
You didn't need to click on or read the thread. If you want to talk about how you're enjoying Mario Galaxy, you can feel free to start a thread about Mario Galaxy.
That was too much work. I also assume there have been plenty of those.

Mael

Cosmonaut X said:
If you're going to make an extraordinary claim - that the 3DS isn't the successor to the DS and that Nintendo execs know this and have deliberately misled the public and investors (for what reason?) - you're going to need extraordinary proof.

Actually it's pretty clear cut, the successor to the DS or Wii would be Blue Ocean products.
There's nothing BOS in any of these 2 projects.
Granted might not be investor meetings (I'll check later though if I have time).
But in this interview clearly put any idea that 3DS might be BOP to rest as it's quite clear it's not differentiation or even low cost they're pursuing.
Let's not even talk about WiiU which goes against everything the Wii ever tried to do and bring Nintendo back to where they were after the disastrous GC.
3DS and WiiU have nothing of the Wii/DS in them so far except marginal stuffs that people don't really care about.

Then indeed they lied about how they get their ideas (which is really not smart)http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/101029qa/index.html.
This is indeed serious, heads should roll.

overcast said:
That was too much work. I also assume there have been plenty of those.
Bump them?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Stumpokapow said:

at this point i would then make a thread discussing how his thread was not his idea and came from an unnamed third party (i.e., you)

benjipwns

Banned
beelzebozo said:
at this point i would then make a thread discussing how his thread was not his idea and came from an unnamed third party (i.e., you)
No wonder Stump is defending Miyamoto's blatant grand larceny and perjury so vehemently. It's part of some other sinister elaborate plot.

Mael

Read all of the articles,
Well if it's false we'll have one less site on the web since there's enough claim that Nintendo can sue 01.net under French law and close the site, that's for sure :lol.
On the other hand, it would explain so much why there's a feeling that Nintendo is blundering into a next generation of hardware they have no clue how to get out of the DS/Wii's box.

Momo said:
Whats the big deal? Really?
They lied to investors about how they make their products, which mislead investors which is pretty much illegal for a publicly traded company.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Once again don't see whats so outrageous about this rumour/insider insight. Stuff like this happens all the time? The origins of so many games are tied to random offshoot tech projects and a coder's personal dalliance. Its not like theyre saying someone made all of Galaxy as another title ala Mario 2, and then they swooped in. Someone just made a cool gravity globe thingamajig and from there, a full on Mario project was born.

People are just reacting angrily because of the other nuggets foretelling things they don't wish to hear. Villifying this website with over the top reactions could come back to bite you in the ass in one of those famous GAF trawling plate of crow mass quotings if some of the stuff yet to occur actually pans out. Also people like to believe individuals theyve raised to god like status in their minds, Miyamoto et al, are these fonts from which all creativity dribbles down. Theyre just dudes like you and I.

Play it cool with these sorts of rumours, weigh it all up. It might happen, it might not. No need to cry for blood and take a stance so absolutely over something you're just blindly assuming is right or wrong. I remember reading GAF during the PS3 Slim leaks. Whole lotta people rushing to make themselves look stupid because 'they know best'.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
they don't wish to pollute her perfect and uniquely brilliant scent with their own filthy, unworthy stinks by proximity.

MYE

Cosmonaut X said:
Then why is everyone standing so far away from her? ;-)

She does not want to smell the foul stench of common mortals.
Dude in left the has diarrhea down his left legging. Cant blame him, though.

Mael said:
Read all of the articles,
Well if it's false we'll have one less site on the web since there's enough claim that Nintendo can sue 01.net under French law and close the site, that's for sure :lol.
On the other hand, it would explain so much why there's a feeling that Nintendo is blundering into a next generation of hardware they have no clue how to get out of the DS/Wii's box.

They lied to investors about how they make their products, which mislead investors which is pretty much illegal for a publicly traded company.

It's a lie, along with their other 3DS rumour (the Wii U one is so vague that it could possibly be based on some truth though).

01 Net may not be lying on purpose, but someone is definitely feeding them bullshit.

Pie and Beans

What makes you so certain its all lies? Its always best to hedge your bets in these situations rather than going by some misplaced gut reaction or position of assumed mental superiority.

If things they have reported come to pass, won't you feel needlessly foolish?

YoungFa

Pie and Beans said:
What makes you so certain its all lies? Its always best to hedge your bets in these situations rather than going by some misplaced gut reaction or position of assumed mental superiority.

If things they have reported come to pass, won't you feel needlessly foolish?
Who will remember what someone said on a message board?

Pie and Beans

YoungFa said:
Who will remember what someone said on a message board?

fine upstanding gentlemen such as Amirox discovered just recently that there are eyes and ears that do just that, especially around the overuse of the term 'lie' ;)

Gattsu25

Banned
Maybe I'm reading this all wrong but I don't see anything incriminating in the OP article. Nintendo has an archive of prototypes that they use to flesh out gameplay elements...shocking?

YoungFa

Gattsu25 said:
Maybe I'm reading this all wrong but I don't see anything incriminating in the OP article. Nintendo has an archive of prototypes that they use to flesh out gameplay elements...shocking?
It's not incriminating, but you don't take credit for stuff you didn't came up with.

Top Bottom