• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Place S2 |OT| Well, Fork Me - Thursdays 8:30/7:30c

Kas

I have this sneaking suspicion that Jason is actually either a demon or in on it with them. The way he ditched Tahani was almost exactly like the hot mail man did with Elanor.

big ander

Ok, but in terms of his original question when people in this thread are talking about episode 4 it's the last one that aired as most places including NBC have it listed as such. We don't go by production numbers.

idk I see multiple people on this page calling the latest episode episode 5, including the post that originally sparked this question. of course it's easiest when discussing to just reference actual titles or main plots.

SuperPac

I have this sneaking suspicion that Jason is actually either a demon or in on it with them. The way he ditched Tahani was almost exactly like the hot mail man did with Elanor.

Hmmmmmmmmm... Except we saw how he died. I guess we don’t know whether or not demons were once human but I would assume because we saw his flashbacks that he is not in on it. And he was trying to escape his other reboot soulmate.

Hmmmmmmmmm... Except we saw how he died. I guess we don’t know whether or not demons were once human but I would assume because we saw his flashbacks that he is not in on it. And he was trying to escape his other reboot soulmate.

They seem pretty amused and/or confused by humans so I think it's safe bet they never were.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
idk I see multiple people on this page calling the latest episode episode 5, including the post that originally sparked this question. of course it's easiest when discussing to just reference actual titles or main plots.

I think in the interest of keeping things clear we should go with how NBC and Netflix number the episodes on their websites. Here in Canada it streams on Global who also have the same numbering as NBC and Netflix. DirectTV as well.

Those are the places people will be watching, not referencing press releases with production numbers.

But that's just my opinion.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

When Michael was presenting the plan to the other demons he showed 4 humans and Jason was among them. I think it’s fair to say he’s the same as the other 3 as far as his human soul condition goes.

Enzom21

Rewatching the first season, they play Arianna Grande on the first chaos day because Eleanor mentioned her when she was trying to say Chidi's last name.
Only Chidi and Eleanor were in the room so they are clearly watching them at all times, right? Why don't they know that Micheal is now working with them?

Gotchaye

Rewatching the first season, they play Arianna Grande on the first chaos day because Eleanor mentioned her when she was trying to say Chidi's last name.
Only Chidi and Eleanor were in the room so they are clearly watching them at all times, right? Why don't they know that Micheal is now working with them?
It's a little weird -- I think we saw in the early episodes of this season that they have little spy holes and the like such that they can always see what's going on inside Eleanor's house. But they've addressed the basic problem here. Michael volunteered to be the one keeping an eye on them.

W-00

I don't think it's quite that clear. Michael didn't know about the note until Eleanor bragged about it (and he had to shout at his subordinates to get them to go find the humans), so their surveillance can't be perfect. I think he also said something about how he's still managing surveillance so that the others won't suspect anything.

big ander

I don't think further twists are going to be of the "this person isn't who you think" variety anymore. The show is just going to burn through plot fast. Not reveal that Jason is a demon.
I think in the interest of keeping things clear we should go with how NBC and Netflix number the episodes on their websites. Here in Canada it streams on Global who also have the same numbering as NBC and Netflix. DirectTV as well.

Those are the places people will be watching, not referencing press releases with production numbers.

But that's just my opinion.
I mean again I watch on just...normal TV. The NBC first-run broadcast, the original point of airing. Where this week was episode 5. You keep going back to the production numbers/press releases, I brought those up as one of several examples of direct NBC sources that called the s2 premiere 2 episodes, I'm not like checking them every thursday like a nutcase. Either way I'll repeat again that I think it's a moot point because it's easier to name a title or premise. and that I don't think it's really necessary to vote on an official vocabulary for discussion, it's pretty easy to clarify. and that if you're basing your vote purely on what most people are going to see, the only numbering that literally everyone is going to have the same is the chapter numbers.

Well, damn.

Lol

These gifts...so good, haha.

I wonder if Janet
has unknowingly developed feelings for Jason and is jealous, which is making that neighborhood screw up?

Enzom21

Well, damn.

Lol

These gifts...so good, haha.

I wonder if Janet
has unknowingly developed feelings for Jason and is jealous, which is making that neighborhood screw up?
I had the same thought but,
she is not being erased completely and there is a part of her that remembers being married to Jason.

big ander

This was Chidi's funniest episode yet. I had to pause after "It's like a menu, but the foods are words."

I hope they stay in this arrangement for the rest of the season, the show's been funnier than ever.

^^^I echo those thoughts about what is happening to Janet.

Michael's drawing of how to kill all 6 people on the tracks was great. Same for his 2 different line readings for his apology to Chidi at the end. Ted Danson is a great actor.

The way Tahani said Jason does sit in a lot of gum was great as well.

VegiHam

Jesus this was hilarious. The straight out trolly gore was amazing, and the antitortures were amazing. Has anyone gifed the Pikachu balloon?

Gotchaye

That was a great episode. Much less sitcom-y than the last two. I still can't tell if the show thinks that the content of Chidi's lessons matters at all.

sammex

tumblr_oy3ny9zFZ51qm2l53o1_400.gif
tumblr_oy3ny9zFZ51qm2l53o2_400.gif

Lijik

LOL, I knew Michael didn't give a fuck about ethics and was torturing Chiddi for fun.

i love the quick cut after Chidi pulls rank and Michael lets out a small evil smile and you instantly know hes figured out a way to ruin Chidis life

vypek

I had a lot of laugh out loud moments this episode, which is pretty rare for me. I hope this show keeps going forever.

Same here. There were a lot of parts that I found hilarious.

i love the quick cut after Chidi pulls rank and Michael lets out a small evil smile and you instantly know hes figured out a way to ruin Chidis life

I feel like I missed a scene or didn't catch onto a detail quick enough while it was airing. But I don't mind re-watching the episode.

PK Gaming

I can't get over how strong of a character Chidi is. The black nerd type character is usually endless fodder for lame jokes, but there's a genuine strength to his character that sets him apart from the rest. Like, Eleanor's pretty good at solving problems but it was nice of Chidi to get his own moments of being genuinely helpful too, a nice improvement from what he was like before. Conversely, I'm a little disappointed that Tahani is being dragged off into a pretty typical love triangle plotline with Jason. She should be with Eleanor, Chidi and Michael!

W-00

French?

Automatic bad place

That... actually goes a long way to helping explain why Chidi is in the bad place. He was raised in Senegal, and the official language of Senegal is French (also, wasn't the university he taught at in France?). Sure, the bad results of his good intentions hurt him, but his connections to France had to make things worse.

Ri'Orius

Great episode, but when Ted Danson starts talking about the points system, I really wanted Chidi to dig into that. According to the points system, which is the right choice for the trolley problem? That sort of thing.

Dude's been studying ethics, but now there's an omniscient third party grading them. There's no way he wouldn't want to hear what conclusions the Powers that Be have made regarding ethics.

But obviously that wouldn't really work out well on a TV show...

Great episode, but when Ted Danson starts talking about the points system, I really wanted Chidi to dig into that. According to the points system, which is the right choice for the trolley problem? That sort of thing.

Dude's been studying ethics, but now there's an omniscient third party grading them. There's no way he wouldn't want to hear what conclusions the Powers that Be have made regarding ethics.

But obviously that wouldn't really work out well on a TV show...

There's literally no way to know when Michael is being honest and when he's pulling something out of his ass though.

TripOpt55

The whole trolley thing and all the simulations were hilarious. Tahani and Janet had some really funny lines during the therapy session too. Great episode.

Thanks!

So the flavors are: Mountain Blast, Circus Funky Mustard, Sriracha Sunrise, Garlic, Mystery flavor (white chocolate), Cool Ranch, Cajun, and I can't make the last one out at all. That last one had better be cocktail sauce because it is the one true shrimp sauce

Thanks!

So the flavors are: Mountain Blast, Circus Funky Mustard, Sriracha Sunrise, Garlic, Mystery flavor (white chocolate), Cool Ranch, Cajun, and I can't make the last one out at all. That last one had better be cocktail sauce because it is the one true shrimp sauce
I'd eat all of those except mystery flavor and mountain blast. Cajun shrimp especially is the shirt.

Top Bottom