• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Dresden
Member
(04-13-2013, 08:25 AM)
Dresden's Avatar
Finally, some anti- comrades.

One day Mikasa will actually swing her blade in time.
duckroll
Member
(04-13-2013, 08:27 AM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dresden

Finally, some anti- comrades.

One day Mikasa will actually swing her blade in time.

In God's Beard we trust!
Branduil
(04-13-2013, 08:32 AM)
Branduil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dresden

Finally, some anti- comrades.

One day Mikasa will actually swing her blade in time.

Come on, if she was any better she'd be a Mary Sue.

I think in the end she just wasn't cold-blooded enough to kill Reiner and Berthold without physical proof they were titans.
Jarmel
Banned
(04-13-2013, 08:37 AM)
Jarmel's Avatar
I'm hoping Eren gets kidnapped so we can see more of the world and learn some actual backstory.
Dresden
Member
(04-13-2013, 08:39 AM)
Dresden's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

In God's Beard we trust!

Not quite prepared to walk the meifumado. Still kinda enjoying the manga.

Originally Posted by Branduil

Come on, if she was any better she'd be a Mary Sue.

I think in the end she just wasn't cold-blooded enough to kill Reiner and Berthold without physical proof they were titans.

I know, but it's still amusing that this is the second time now where she was just a smidge too slow. Third time will be the charm when Armin goes Titan.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-13-2013, 08:42 AM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarmel

I'm hoping Eren gets kidnapped so we can see more of the world and learn some actual backstory.

Yeah, I'm kind of getting tired of the teasing.
Branduil
(04-13-2013, 08:49 AM)
Branduil's Avatar
I wonder how long Berthold can maintain that Colossal Titan form. Also, how did he get outside the wall the first time?
GG-Duo
Member
(04-13-2013, 08:50 AM)
GG-Duo's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

HEY EREN SUP, OVER HERE. Did you know, I'm the Colossal Titan, and he's the Armored Titan? Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!

Yeah, it's really WTF. It's a really weird moment - it didn't even feel like the author was playing with our expectations, it was just weird storytelling.
duckroll
Member
(04-13-2013, 08:55 AM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dresden

Not quite prepared to walk the meifumado. Still kinda enjoying the manga.

Nakamura-san unf unf.

Originally Posted by Branduil

I wonder how long Berthold can maintain that Colossal Titan form. Also, how did he get outside the wall the first time?

Maybe they all came from outside the wall.
Branduil
(04-13-2013, 09:04 AM)
Branduil's Avatar
And while I'm asking questions, how did Annie leave her post at the Military Police for days to chase after Eren outside the wall without anybody noticing her missing? I guess she could have been on leave or something, but still, I've been wondering about that since the reveal.
Jarmel
Banned
(04-13-2013, 09:16 AM)
Jarmel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Branduil

And while I'm asking questions, how did Annie leave her post at the Military Police for days to chase after Eren outside the wall without anybody noticing her missing? I guess she could have been on leave or something, but still, I've been wondering about that since the reveal.

It seemed like the whole event took place within a solitary day.
duckroll
Member
(04-13-2013, 09:23 AM)
duckroll's Avatar
Gods Beard was right!

Haha I just read ch44. This is like a WWE match. Or Baki the Grappler or something. Kinda dumb. More stalling for time. This sure is a generic shounen manga now. :P

Gods Beard was right!
"God's Beard!"
(04-13-2013, 09:33 AM)
"God's Beard!"'s Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll


Gods Beard was right!

And yet I'm always treated like the old man yelling at clouds. Lemme tells ya, when you've written generic shonen as long as I have, you start to recognize it.

Naruto - check
Claymore - check
Wolf Guy - check
Attack on Titan - check
hteng
Banned
(04-13-2013, 10:23 AM)
hteng's Avatar

Originally Posted by "God's Beard!"

And yet I'm always treated like the old man yelling at clouds. Lemme tells ya, when you've written generic shonen as long as I have, you start to recognize it.

Naruto - check
Claymore - check
Wolf Guy - check
Attack on Titan - check

bleach too, i think i lost interest after soul society.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-13-2013, 10:35 AM)
Haly's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Gods Beard was right!

I have seen the light, the truth and the way.
"God's Beard!"
(04-13-2013, 05:54 PM)
"God's Beard!"'s Avatar

Originally Posted by hteng

bleach too, i think i lost interest after soul society.

I didn't make predictions about bleach cause zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-13-2013, 06:06 PM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by "God's Beard!"

And yet I'm always treated like the old man yelling at clouds. Lemme tells ya, when you've written generic shonen as long as I have, you start to recognize it.

Naruto - check
Claymore - check
Wolf Guy - check

I thought these ones were bad from the start.
"God's Beard!"
(04-13-2013, 06:14 PM)
"God's Beard!"'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

I thought these ones were bad from the start.

I was just checking ones that I made predictions about. I had the ending to wolf guy down to the author's attempts at philosophical pandering about 2 chapters in.

Man that one sucked.
ArjanN
Member
(04-13-2013, 06:18 PM)
ArjanN's Avatar

Originally Posted by "God's Beard!"

I was just checking ones that I made predictions about. I had the ending to wolf guy down to the author's attempts at philosophical pandering about 2 chapters in.

Man that one sucked.

At least Wolf Guy had nice art though.
Fuzzery
Member
(04-13-2013, 06:20 PM)
Fuzzery's Avatar
Anyone remember the flashback where the titan said YMIR before eating the scout? Was that her?
"God's Beard!"
(04-13-2013, 06:21 PM)
"God's Beard!"'s Avatar

Originally Posted by ArjanN

At least Wolf Guy had nice art though.

I dunno about that, but all the crazy word bubbles made it really fun to work on when I was on the scanlation team.
suzu
Member
(04-13-2013, 06:29 PM)
suzu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuzzery

Anyone remember the flashback where the titan said YMIR before eating the scout? Was that her?

No, it was one of those smaller regular titans. It said Ymir and Ymir's people.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-13-2013, 06:38 PM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by "God's Beard!"

I was just checking ones that I made predictions about. I had the ending to wolf guy down to the author's attempts at philosophical pandering about 2 chapters in.

Man that one sucked.

The rape stuff in that one was a big turn-off for me.
Dram
Member
(04-13-2013, 06:39 PM)
Didn't that last for a couple of chapters?
duckroll
Member
(04-13-2013, 06:48 PM)
duckroll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dram

Didn't that last for a couple of chapters?

Try several dozen chapters.
fushi
Member
(04-13-2013, 07:00 PM)
fushi's Avatar
Maybe it's just my eyes, but I had serious problems telling either titan apart in some frames.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-13-2013, 07:01 PM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by fushi

Maybe it's just my eyes, but I had serious problems telling either titan apart in some frames.

In the new chapter?
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(04-13-2013, 07:04 PM)
Brazil's Avatar
The chapter 42 twist was the best thing ever. You guys are insane.

Originally Posted by Fuzzery

Anyone remember the flashback where the titan said YMIR before eating the scout? Was that her?

I had totally forgotten about that. I went back to read it and he also says "Great".

Interesting.
fushi
Member
(04-13-2013, 07:06 PM)
fushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

In the new chapter?

Yeah. I mean, I can tell them apart if I look for details, but at a glance it was difficult.

Having not followed the manga until now I breezed through the previous chapters in a few days, so getting only one chapter now that lacks any serious plot development makes me a little unsure about following the series further. Coming back after a year or so might be more sating.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-13-2013, 07:09 PM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by fushi

Yeah. I mean, I can tell them apart if I look for details, but at a glance it was difficult.

Having not followed the manga until now I breezed through the previous chapters in a few days, so getting only one chapter now that lacks any serious plot development makes me a little unsure about following the series further. Coming back after a year or so might be more sating.

I didn't have a problem, but the author's style is very "sketchy" so I could see how one might be confused due to the lack of polished details.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-13-2013, 07:11 PM)
Haly's Avatar
And there's the name "Ymir", I mean how obvious could you get.

Might as well name a character Jotun.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-13-2013, 07:13 PM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

And there's the name "Ymir", I mean how obvious could you get.

Might as well name a character Jotun.

Um... who cares? It's just a name. 'Eren' isn't a common spelling either for that name.
suzu
Member
(04-13-2013, 07:15 PM)
suzu's Avatar
Haha, well not everyone will know the mythology.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-13-2013, 07:16 PM)
Haly's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

Um... who cares? It's just a name. 'Eren' isn't a common spelling either for that name.

What name is "Eren" supposed to be?
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-13-2013, 07:17 PM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

What name is "Eren" supposed to be?

Aaron/Erin I'm fairly sure. The way they spell Eren in katakana is the way I spell my name in katakana, so there is that. (My name is Erren, lol).
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-13-2013, 07:18 PM)
Haly's Avatar
Are you a titan Kagari?
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-13-2013, 07:21 PM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Haly

Are you a titan Kagari?

No lol
AlimNassor
Banned
(04-13-2013, 07:31 PM)
AlimNassor's Avatar

Originally Posted by duckroll

Gods Beard was right!

Haha I just read ch44. This is like a WWE match. Or Baki the Grappler or something. Kinda dumb. More stalling for time. This sure is a generic shounen manga now. :P

Gods Beard was right!

how is it generic shounen? 2 Titans wrestling is generic? What isn't generic shounen? If 2 characters fight does that make it "generic"? 2 giant ass Titans having an MMA match doesn't sound generic to me.

Originally Posted by SquiddyCracker

Theory:

All titans used to be humans.
If they spend too long in titan form, they end up losing the ability to transform back into human and become dimwitted fools.

Examples of titans on the brink of no-return is that titan that in the flashback spoke of Ymir (a human-to-titan-and-back transformer). Clearly he was too long gone to remember how to transform back, but he retained some reduced form of speech (probably triggered by the human form that reminded him of Ymir, who presumably is a Titan leader).

My guess is all Titans are human, but, most people can not handle the transformation and go insane and eventually become mindless creatures. The hairy Titan is farming us, and the people outside the wall are trying to kill us to prevent it or find more who can control the Titans.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-13-2013, 07:33 PM)
Haly's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlimNassor

how is it generic shounen? 2 Titans wrestling is generic? What isn't generic shounen? If 2 characters fight does that make it "generic"? 2 giant ass Titans having an MMA match doesn't sound generic to me.

It stopped focusing on the characters and mystery and it's become "EVERYONE WAS TITAN" and "HEROIC SACRIFICE" every single arc and "KEIKAKU A FAILED, TIME TO SWITCH TO KEIKAKU B".
Fuzzery
Member
(04-13-2013, 10:48 PM)
Fuzzery's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

No lol

Don't lie
Jarmel
Banned
(04-14-2013, 01:01 AM)
Jarmel's Avatar
Forgot to mention, one thing about chapter 44 I found funny was jealous Mikasa. I wonder how she would lose her shit if he actually did kidnapped.
Ken
Member
(04-14-2013, 06:17 AM)
Ken's Avatar
The human-titans needing sunlight to transforrm thing; is that true for all human-titans? If so how did Eren transform from inside the random Titan? Unless inside a titan is like...sunlight and rainbow ponies.
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-14-2013, 06:20 AM)
Haly's Avatar
Maybe he jacked the titan's energy.

Titan biology man, who knows how it works.
"God's Beard!"
(04-14-2013, 06:22 AM)
"God's Beard!"'s Avatar

Originally Posted by AlimNassor

What isn't generic shounen?

GTO
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-14-2013, 06:22 AM)
Haly's Avatar

Originally Posted by "God's Beard!"

GTO

Every chapter is resolved by Onizuka's talk no jutsu and occasionally his fists.
Dresden
Member
(04-14-2013, 06:32 AM)
Dresden's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ken

The human-titans needing sunlight to transforrm thing; is that true for all human-titans? If so how did Eren transform from inside the random Titan? Unless inside a titan is like...sunlight and rainbow ponies.

The Titans are actually DNA Harvesters powered by sunlight. A certain reserve can be maintained.
7Th
Harunobu Madarame
is my hero
(04-14-2013, 08:32 AM)
ATTACK ON TITAN?

MORE LIKE TEEN TITANS, AM RITE
Haly
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
(04-14-2013, 08:45 AM)
Haly's Avatar

Originally Posted by 7Th

ATTACK ON TITAN?

MORE LIKE TEEN TITANS, AM RITE

Please no.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(04-14-2013, 08:49 AM)
Kagari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ken

The human-titans needing sunlight to transforrm thing; is that true for all human-titans? If so how did Eren transform from inside the random Titan? Unless inside a titan is like...sunlight and rainbow ponies.

Wait what? I totally missed this...
Akito
Member
(04-14-2013, 09:07 AM)
Akito's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kagari

Wait what? I totally missed this...

I don't recall it either, only that the titans are more active and lively under sunlight.

Thread Tools