• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC - 27th November, 1200 points

So it doesn't appeal to you but that doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to the rest of us, I love ME3 and look forward to playing this Omega DLC.

It's far from gibberish as well.

I never said it wouldn't appeal to other people. I am aware there is quite a bit of fandom for Omega which is why I said I don't understand why there is. However I am aware others will like it.

I was merely posting my view on this DLC, to me personally the DLC is a waste of time and Bioware have some balls expecting people to pay $15 for this DLC. Hell people were even saying Leviathan whilst good was "overpriced" for what it offers.

Oh and yes Leviathan was complete and utter gibberish. I won't go into it here because of spoilers but seriously the Leviathans link with the Reapers was moronic in the extreme.

Bowdz

I'm curious if Omega will be a new hub world after you complete the DLC similar to the Shadow Broker's ship in LotSB.

Day one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Not if the destination is a big sign saying your life is a lie, your family and loved ones are actors and now the entire world is about to be killed in front of you regardless.

Are you talking about ME3 when saying this?
Because the entire galaxy is just fine at the end of the game. Sure, they have to reconstrust what was destroyed by the Reapers, but the organic races were not annihilated and the only race who was exterminated are the Geths if you chose Destroy as the Catalyst option.

Or are you one of those who didn't see the extended cut, be it ingame or on Youtube? Because, i admit the original ending did
give the feeling the galaxy was doomed.

Looking forward to it. Leviathan was decent, this should be as well.

I'm a bit of a completist, so I'm not any lingering bitterness over the ending keep me away.

man the stupidity comes out in a Mass Effect thread, I am in as well, I still need to do my Insanity run through.

Any BioWare thread, really. You'd think the Doctors stole everybody's lunch or something.

I formally apologize for enjoying Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. Bring on the DLC; I can't get enough of these games.

nel e nel

I just came in here to make a declarative post about my opinion on something:

I really like shredded cheddar.

Also, I'll probably wait a bit and pick up all the DLC at once and do a fresh run with one of my other Shepards

HardRojo

I'll wait till I get my PS3 and PC copies of the ME Trilogy, I only need to beat 1 on PS3 and then will probably go for a complete playthrough on PC including all the DLC.

Again, I can't see why this has to be about its ending impact on the wider story

It doesn't.

It can be a side story like Overlord or it can continue the story like Lair of the Shadow Broker did with Mass Effect 2.

The ME3 DLC does neither. It's an inbetween insert into the story of ME3. It's more like a director's cut of a movie that adds a few extra scenes in the middle of the story that you've already seen.

All of the DLC thus far has been about the war effort and furthering the fight against the reapers. There's no point in me in playing that out since I already know how this ties in to the overall game and I know the payoff is going to be something like "80 War Points: Aria's Legion". For the finer details like lore, I'll just YouTube the dialog and cutscenes.

dankir

Twas shown at Comic Con. Fan interview (no shown content).

- Aria (derr).
- Female Turian character introduced. Named Narim (or something).
- "One of our largest we've done so far. Basically double the size of the largest DLC we've done for ME3".
- Follows the Invasion comic series, including General Petrovsky's command over Omega.
- New enemies.
- 1200 Microsoft points. ME3 Leviathan and From Ashes, and ME2 Shadow Borker, were 800 points. Thus it is the most expensive Mass Effect DLC to date.

Figured it was worth a thread to the three of us with severe enough mental problems to care.

30592_o.gif

lol

More Mass Effect is always good, Leviathan was great looking forward to this.

nel e nel

Except ME3 Leviathan dlc should have impacted the ending.

You gain a huge ally and nothing happens.

There is no point in selling side story missions after the main game is complete.

Omzz

1200 points? Yeah I think I'll pass this time. Bought all the ones before on ME2, won't be doing it this time around

Stoffinator

With Leviathan, i took the time to explore the Citadel lab and new missions, read logs and didnt skip any dialogues + checking the Normandy after every missions for new squadmates comments.

Took me around 2h30 or 3h to complete. So if Omega is at least 5 hours, i wont complain.

I guess if you rushed it, it would last one hour...but i don't rush new stuff.

Well I was kind of joking on the time. But it was pretty short for its price IMO.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well I was kind of joking on the time. But it was pretty short for its price IMO.

I agree that Mass Effect DLCs should be at least 5 hours, but... the advantage that the ME DLCs have over other games DLCs is that it's never really the same when you replay it again later. Be it because you chose Renegade dialogue choices rather than Paragon. Or because you brought different squadmates. Or because your Shepard is female this time. Sure, the main stories and missions are still the same, but those little differences makes it worth replaying.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I am a HUGE Mass Effect fan but I am going to skip this. I played all the DLC for Mass Effect 2, which was great, but I find it very hard to get excited about campaign DLC for a game that ended the ME trilogy. Some of the DLC for ME2 could have carried over to ME3 (even though none of the decisions you made in them really made a lick of difference), but there isn't even that vain hope for the ME3 DLC.

Kinyou

I dislike how obvious they made it that this was going to be DLC. Basically the only thing that Aria does is to talk about how she wants take Omega back.

Not surprising, just proves another junior talks more and finishes less games. Please flush money down the toilet and assume its going to bioware.
I'm sorry. Does me liking ME3 somehow affect you? I think ME3 was a great game and I look forward to any DLC they make as long as I feel the quality remains there.

Lakitu

st5fu
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but is this a timed 360 exclusive?

Only one place reported it (VG247) as far as I'm aware. It's not been mentioned anywhere else so I doubt it's authenticity. I'm 95% sure it's not anyway.

Edit: In fact it's been announced as such by Bioware and it's coming to all three platforms on the 27th / 28th. So it's definitely not timed exclusive.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kai Leng was a stunning example of just how awesome and powerful content based on semi-canonical low budget transmedia garbage can be, so I look forward to this. Ideally this wouldn't even be DLC, it'd be a motion comic mobisode that ties into the upcoming Mountain Dew x Dragon Age x Mass Effect commercial promotion.

<3

I'm assuming this won't get included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?
No dlc is inluded with the trilogy beyond the pc version coming with bdts and all versions getting cerberus network.

The ps3 version might still come with ksm, ol and lotsb since the trilogy seems to be just reprints of each platform's games.

Omega

Banned
sounds good. i got over the disappointment of the single player so i'll probably just buy this anyway.

can't get any worse so..

Top Bottom