• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK list Earthbound for Wii U.

Comandr

Hum... Do you remember this?

22vps.jpg

EarthBound%20(U).png

It's bit crazy for a supposition, but why not lol.

HHNNNGGGG. Oh man. How have I never seen this? Crashed alien ship found in a distant land, preserved alien life emerging and spreading influence. I'm down. I'm so down. Let's do this.

Neiteio

Prediction: Earthbound 1+2+3 in a red Wii U case for a fair price of 20-30 bucks
If printed as a limited run, the cost-to-benefit ratio of Nintendo localizing Mother 3 and bundling it with the already localized Earthbound and Mother (never released, but localized) would probably work out in Nintendo's favor.

serplux

Sounds to me that he wants the game to be made, but he doesn't want to do any work, rather that he wants to experience the game as the player. The way everyone else got to play it when he was making them.

Yup. These are also Iwata's final words on the matter:

NAGATA: Mr. Iwata. If you were in a position where you HAD to give an answer and someone asked you if a MOTHER 4 would ever be released, what would you say?

IWATA: If someone asked me that right now?

ITOI: Like if you were at a presentation meeting or something.

IWATA: ……

NAGATA: ……

IWATA: …… I don’t believe there will be any new MOTHER games made using the same production system as before.

Nibel

Why release EarthBound separately in the VC then?

Because

People who want to play Earthbound to understand what all the fuzz is about =/= Earthbound fans who are willing to pay every price to get all 3 games on a single disc + soundtrack + some other fancy shit to show support

Porcile

Sounds to me that he wants the game to be made, but he doesn't want to do any work, rather that he wants to experience the game as the player. The way everyone else got to play it when he was making them.

Mother and Itoi are so kooky that I can actually imagine Mother 4 being a game about Itoi playing Mother 4...

The_Lump

Banned
Wait, someone find those hints about the retro game from last year. 'Franchise everyone wants' or something? I can't remember the wording.

Let's piece this sucka together
(and twist it till it fits!)

Fandangox

Because

People who want to play Earthbound to understand what all the fuzz is about =/= Earthbound fans who are willing to pay every price to get all 3 games on a single disc + soundtrack + some other fancy shit to show support

That makes sense, but wouldn't that mean that this alleged collection would release after EB VC? It don't think it would be a good idea to release them close to each other.

gngf123

Wait, someone find those hints about the retro game from last year. 'Franchise everyone wants' or something? I can't remember the wording.

Let's piece this sucka together
(and twist it till it fits!)

I believe the phrase was "a project everyone wants us to do".

jay

If they have their only Western studio capable of making a big hit outside of Japan working on fucking Mother, Iwata needs to be fired into the sun.

PS. I want Mother 4.

Linkhero1

No offense to you Earthbound fans, but I really doubt Nintendo would hand it over to Retro. That's, if there is even a EB game in development and this isn't simply a mistake. They probably just confused the Earthbound VC announcement for a new game.

Yup. These are also Iwata's final words on the matter:

NAGATA: Mr. Iwata. If you were in a position where you HAD to give an answer and someone asked you if a MOTHER 4 would ever be released, what would you say?

IWATA: If someone asked me that right now?

ITOI: Like if you were at a presentation meeting or something.

IWATA: ……

NAGATA: ……

IWATA: …… I don’t believe there will be any new MOTHER games made using the same production system as before.

So in other words..."I do believe there will be a new mother game made using different production systems"

No offense to you Earthbound fans, but I really doubt Nintendo would hand it over to Retro. That's, if there is even a EB game in development and this isn't simply a mistake. They probably just confused the Earthbound VC announcement for a new game.

Also, with all we know about who retro has been hiring, it seems to be metroid, or some type of shooter.

wrowa

They have other team who are working on 3Ds title. We dont know what is it but there is concept art about it..

Monolift-Soft-3DS-Project-500x239.jpg

That's just a recruitment ad. The art is more than likely not related to a game in development -- Honne draws tons of random art and the artwork in Monolith Tokyo's ad also wasn't related to their game.

serplux

Yeah, Retro's probably doing some blockbuster action game. I have no idea why Nintendo would even think to hand over the Mother series to them.

So in other words..."I do believe there will be a new mother game made using different production systems"

I like the way you think. ;)

steveovig

Prediction: Earthbound 1+2+3 in a red Wii U case for a fair price of 20-30 bucks

Nintendo must know by now that there is a demand for these games. Why should they charge $8 or $5 when a lot us will pay more for the three games or even just the one? I know I would pay $30 just for Earthbound. Hell, a couple weeks prior to the old announcement, I was planning on buying a cart off of ebay.

Still, I'd love a compilation and a brand new game but my suspicion is that it'll just be a DL card or something for the SNES game.

The_Lump

Banned
That's just a recruitment ad. The art is more than likely not related to a game in development -- Honne draws tons of random art and the artwork in Monolith Tokyo's ad also wasn't related to their game.

Take that filthy realism outta here.

disco

Hmm. Wasn't that art that looks like the Earthbound ship for X? That big giant mountain in the background? Let's not jump to conclusions people!

mantidor

I don't think my eyes could comprehend the prettiness.

Better throw in Factor 5's artists from the Rogue Squadron series. It'll be even prettier!

Oook this is getting a little out of hand, you might as well be certain of dissapointment if these are your expectations.

It might be a collection at most, probably just an Amazon mistake.

Predictions:

It's a compilation disc of Mother 1, 2, and 3.

Mother 2 (Earthbound) will still be released separately on the Virtual Console.

Dedicated Mother fans will buy both.

Nintendo knows this.

Top Bottom