• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) |OT| MMA Ultra(spider)man (NO MANGA SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
Why are we even spending so much time on a guy who has already been eaten by titans?

I suspect Eren is not really dead.......

Super ballsy if they really did kill him off.

Fireblend

Banned
Why are we even spending so much time on a guy who has already been eaten by titans?

I suspect Eren is not really dead.......

Super ballsy if they really did kill him off.

Of course he isn't dead. Who actually believes he died? The Titans mysteriously disappeared, Armin was conveniently too shocked to remember what actually happened right after the Titan shut its mouth... of course Eren's alive. I've watched way too many animes to be fooled for a second. We're going to see how he slashes through the back of the Titan's neck with his other good hand come next episode.

This is all pure speculation, of course.

Dennis

Banned
Of course he isn't dead. Who actually believes he died? The Titans mysteriously disappeared, Armin was conveniently too shocked to remember what actually happened right after the Titan shut its mouth... of course Eren's alive. I've watched way too many animes to be fooled for a second.

I was just being a good sport about keeping up the suspense for the kids.

I am of course way to savvy to be fooled for even a minute.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Speaking about Armin... all I could think about when they said his name this episode was that damn gif.

B2FlE1v.gif

Ep 6

Pretty much a straight adaptation. Don't have much to say. Good episode.

Though I wasn't too crazy about the
Franz censorship.
There are better ways they could have done it.

Soriku

Episode 6

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-JFoV.gif

Goddamn. Excellent episode. Better than episode 5 even. Episode 5 had the shock factor but this episode had FEELS + BADASSERY which puts it higher in my book.

I didn't expect young Eren to be such a badass.
Serves those assholes right
. I have to say I disagree entirely with the people who have complained about Eren. I think he's a great character and things like this cement why I like him. He's really brash but I still love his actions and he gives people what they have coming.
If those guys just got arrested that'd be lame as hell. No, Eren decides to kill those fuckers.

Mikasa was also great this episode.

Edit: GIFS for all.

VuVyd5Y.gif

WyjZSKV.gif

And two spoilerific ones:

iavi

Ep 6

I'm surprised to see them pacing it as slow as they are, but it works perfectly, as it's really allowing each scenario to sink in, and the drama to be that more more poignant. Eren kinda had the
'Ender Wiggin effect of a child genius who talks/strategizes as if he was an adult' thing here,
which I always find kinda funny, but it didn't take me out much at all; Trying to explain Mikasa's
hax
did, though. I actually lol'd, that was so unneeded.

Really good ep.

The OST keeps showing itself better and better too. Dat Hiroyuki

Attack on Titan - 06

After contextualizing the entire episode
of backstory and Mikasa's last line about Eren...

dzaUScY.gif

It
was pretty corny, but it is apt; the girl's broken as hell; bizarre, obsessive, basically corny lines regarding fawning over Eren
make sense with context

RangerBAD

They sort of did, but the shot they use isn't nearly as clear as it should be.
The wider shot that has the both of them in frame shows that his body doesn't go past where her leg is, but if you're not looking for it, it's way more difficult to make out.

Not to mention the
big blood stain in the long shot.
I think it was a subtle reveal, but still fine.

Episode 6 Thoughts

At first I thought it was going to be a horrible episode because I saw them looking in their past. When actually it was a pretty good past episode. I would've never guesses that Eren killed a man before, and I also never knew that because of him saving the girl is the reason she likes him so much. A lot of things were shown this episode that made a lot of stuff make a lot of sense. Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable Eren's dad to appear in this story. I know he has to do a lot more then show up every few seconds.

Btw Armin is still useless and he one of my most hated characters right now. So whiney and doesn't even do anything. I know its a terrible scenario and the titans make it feel like the world's crashing down, but he literally overreacts. At some point you have to put your big boy pants on and realize that this is the world I live in and its time to fight to survive, kinda like Eren mostly thinks.

Now that my gifs work now, I wanna post my fav scene from AOT. I love these movements they do <3
iYUSlA5OUtuZR.gif

Just started watching this yesterday and got hooked! I'm reading the manga now, no way I have the willpower to wait a few weeks to see how they get out of this mess.

Raynes

This anime gets straight to the fucking point, no messing about. It's my favorite anime. So glad I checked this thread out, amazing gifs!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't know if I can take much more....

Just hang in there, mate. The anime is so much better than the original material. It'll all be worth the wait.

Just started watching this yesterday and got hooked! I'm reading the manga now, no way I have the willpower to wait a few weeks to see how they get out of this mess.

You'll have to wait years to see how they get out of this mess. Whether you read the manga or not is irrelevant.

Just hang in there, mate. The anime is so much better than the original material. It'll all be worth the wait.

You'll have to wait years to see how they get out of this mess. Whether you read the manga or not is irrelevant.

Meh, I'm reading the manga now and have no regrets, some serious shit is going down. I do agree that the anime is a much better way to experience this than the manga, but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy the anime episodes when they air.

One advantage of a late adaptation of a monthly manga is you tend to be hazy on early details, so it isn't fresh in your mind when the anime comes around.

ugh its delayed on crunchyroll again :| just yesterday it said "9 more hours" or something like that.

heres some crunchyroll guest passes if some of yall wanna watch it in HD and on your ps3s

quote the post to see the codes

Draft

ugh its delayed on crunchyroll again :| just yesterday it said "9 more hours" or something like that.

heres some crunchyroll guest passes if some of yall wanna watch it in HD and on your ps3s

Thanks, bro.

I used the last one in the list.

RangerBAD

It was supposed to be a shocking, you-will-understand-what's-going-on-100% kind of scene, though.

Just the point that
he's dead and she's trying to save the person she loves in vain is strong enough. It just adds to it when you realize half of his body is missing.

does that mean the episode isnt finished? then how did a lot of people see episode 6? or does that just mean its an issue specifically with crunchyroll and FUNi?

Probably means they got their working raw from the studio at the very last second. Their priority would be getting it to the stations rather than some overseas streaming distributor.

duckroll

does that mean the episode isnt finished? then how did a lot of people see episode 6? or does that just mean its an issue specifically with crunchyroll and FUNi?

It's the same situation as to why the Fukuoka and Hokkaido networks have been broadcasting incomplete versions of the episodes even though they only air it 2 days later. Different broadcasters have their own deadlines for submission of materials due to various reasons. In the case of FUNi and CR, they're online streaming services so they can afford to wait for the finished materials even if it means a delay in streaming. The Japanese viewers in the Fukuoka and Hokkaido regions aren't so lucky, so they have to settle for an unfinished version which gets submitted to the broadcasters earlier.

They're basically working down to the wire here, probably finishing the episodes within the day or within hours of it broadcasting on the primary station on Saturday nights.

Jarmel

Banned
It's the same situation as to why the Fukuoka and Hokkaido networks have been broadcasting incomplete versions of the episodes even though they only air it 2 days later. Different broadcasters have their own deadlines for submission of materials due to various reasons. In the case of FUNi and CR, they're online streaming services so they can afford to wait for the finished materials even if it means a delay in streaming. The Japanese viewers in the Fukuoka and Hokkaido regions aren't so lucky, so they have to settle for an unfinished version which gets submitted to the broadcasters earlier.

They're basically working down to the wire here, probably finishing the episodes within the day or within hours of it broadcasting on the primary station on Saturday nights.

I would love to see a video recording all of this. I just imagine someone with a whip waiting any time someone falls asleep.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Took the middle one. Thanks.

Jex

They didn't really make it clear that Franz
was ripped in half
I thought it was pretty clear what was going on, based on Armin's reaction and my knowledge of how every single scene in a war movie like that plays out.

Branduil

I thought it was implied pretty clearly without actually showing anything that
Franz was horribly mutilated in some way that would make CPR pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom