• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Grief.exe

yeah i got that, what I'm wondering if, sans mods, the vendor from the Of Merchants and Monsters quest sells any kind armor in place of the Berserk sets or if those items are simply removed.

Well, Capcom is not likely to create additional armors as that would cut into their margins.

so..can i run it in 1440p downscaled to 1080p 60 fps with a 970 and an i5 4670?

I'd wager you can likely go beyond 1440p at that framerate, but yes.

An-Det

Awesome OP, Grief. I can't believe we're only a few hours away, I'm super excited to put another 200 hours into the game, especially now with a decent framerate.

Arizato

Really hope someone makes a mod to remove the giant chest scar. The ridonkulous cleavage is somewhat marred by it.

dragonsdogma_darkarisjls8b.jpg

You are in luck, this is the internet and you're probably going to get more than that scar removed! Bless the glorious modders!

Grief.exe

Just a heads up, as far as I know you can't unpack a pre-load from Steam's remotely through the mobile interface or browser.

Delete the content from Steam, then you can download while you're at work.

I haven't pre-loaded a game in a while, let me know if Valve has added any additional functionality in this regard.

Tiops

Finally! I'll create a Mystic Knight as my Arisen and a giant Warrior as my Pawn to carry all the shit around.

Fortunately the game will unlock a little before I leave work.

Sarcasm

Just a heads up, as far as I know you can't unpack a pre-load from Steam's remotely through the mobile interface or browser.

Delete the content from Steam, then you can download while you're at work.

Or teamviewer or that google chrome version of TV.

I will assume ENB and Nvidia HBAO+ can work together. Guess I won't know til I play.

aravuus

What main character + pawn do you guys plan to make?

I'm gonna be a male strider, pawn's gonna be a female tank. Haven't decided anything on the appearances yet, I won't be starting before tomorrow evening so I hope there will be some cool character 'guides' in this thread by then.

Lunar15

So someone's going to give me a link or way to listen to Into Free so I can get proper hyped for this at work, right?

Ogawa-san

It's great that I don't have to care about what class I pick through the game this time around. I can change at will or even go magick archer from lv10 to 200 and just fix the botched stat distribution later with a mod.

Those days of mage to 10 and sorc to 200 for an uber magick archer are gone!
What main character + pawn do you guys plan to make?
Finding a secondary pawn with healing and cleansing magic while leveling can be annoying, so I tend to make my main pawn a healer.

Grief.exe

Do we already have the achievements list?

It actually hasn't been updated yet, they are all like this currently.

"name": "ACH_ACHIEVEMENT_27",
"percent": 60.884357452392578
},
{
"name": "ACH_ACHIEVEMENT_00",
"percent": 58.333332061767578
},
{
"name": "ACH_ACHIEVEMENT_01",
"percent": 56.802719116210938
},
{
"name": "ACH_ACHIEVEMENT_44",
"percent": 51.020408630371094
},
{
"name": "ACH_ACHIEVEMENT_02",
"percent": 46.088436126708984
},
{
"name": "ACH_ACHIEVEMENT_03",
"percent": 41.666664123535156
},
{
"name": "ACH_ACHIEVEMENT_45",
"percent": 37.585033416748047
},
{
"name": "ACH_ACHIEVEMENT_39",
"percent": 36.054420471191406
},

Kyoufu

The FAQ in the OP mentions nothing about how useful Spring Water is in this game. Healer pawns are not effective at healing since they can only heal bleed damage so it's best to use consumables for party-wide heals. To do this, buy empty flasks from the item vendor in Gran Soren then head out to a nearby Spring on the world map and fill all the flasks.

Jinaar

Strider/Assassin I played the most on the 360. Not many games pull off archer and duel wield daggers like DD did.

What I missed out of the most was spell casting so I may get into being a Mage for some time as well as a 2 HD'ed swordsman.

I was overly concerned about min/maxing on the 360 and apparently, data shows that I shouldn't really have been so worried about it in the end. So knowing that for the PC version release, this will allow me to play what I feel, when I feel and for how long I feel. Reminds me of being single again.

Does the PC version allow you to render with black bars? (I don't think I could actually play with it, but I'm curious)

Or horizontal scaling somehow?

I'm thinking about how I can get the most out of my low end computer.

I bought this game and I have no idea what to expect it seems complex. Oh well I will make a archer (theif? is there stealing in this game?) as I always do

Top Bottom