• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Malyse

So I'm playing Union X and it just upsets me how much I wanted this as an actual KH game with standard gameplay and not a mobile game. The story of the Foretellers is interesting and even though I know it would've delayed KH3 I still wanted this to be a full game.

I'm only on mission 85 and I feel like a console focused game design would've suited this very well. Can't wait to get into the story for it properly once I catch up to the latest mission haha.

[chi] was much closer in that it had free roaming in the worlds.

Guess i should post my 2.8 questions here, and not the 1.5+2.5 thread. And the 2.8 thread is dead lol

Wtf is this
Julius
fight? How do I survive when he activates his lightning attacks? Its like instant death. Not even balloon spam is saving me here.

Malyse

Any pictures of her?

Of stalker bae? What do you *think*?

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG4BlnHVwAA-bAK.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/0eb16a6fa1f4c9a24ff9a8676d0325b7/tumblr_ouliw6ENg61rgyttlo1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/d50613ace2464c90f41e7f5476f2ec7b/tumblr_ougvzv9kR11qkjik5o1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/d6b0429b9ebdc16cb71f9fc45f19a96e/tumblr_ougrxz99nf1tubq1eo1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/6e03d46d07148caf8dc43726e53b8ca5/tumblr_ouh39lzzme1s2zuu8o1_500.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/3b45d07a05b596ca0908e492323a1635/tumblr_ouhgpakb8R1taga0po1_500.png[/IMG]

Strelitzia_KHUX.png

Famassu

There was a Keyblade War that caused an almost everlasting darkness and people called Foretellers who all lead one Union of tons of Keyblade wielders and they were somehow somewhat behind it.

There, you are up to date with what has happened so far.

Malyse

I'm kind of out of the loop but, are these coming from a chi update or something? Do we have official art or just game models?
Blaine is a few months back. We got him like right after they confirmed Ventus.

I expect the next anniversary art to give us all five dandelion foretellers drawn by Nomura. There's no more ports or updates or compilations coming out and that's the only other time he draws for the game.

I want the 3D chi remake to have fully voiced cutscenes.

I hate it so fucking much that immediately when a new character is introduced people start speculating how he/she is connected to the old cast. And they are probably right.

Because we can't have actual new characters that have no bullshit connection to someone that makes him/her their ghost clone baby granny.

Malyse

I hate it so fucking much that immediately when a new character is introduced people start speculating how he/she is connected to the old cast. And they are probably right.

Because we can't have actual new characters that have no bullshit connection to someone that makes him/her their ghost clone baby granny.
Nah.

Can someone explain all this X, unchained, and back cover stuff to me. What do I do first? I just beat 0.2 and dont know where to go from here. I think I read back cover spoils unchained? Idk. What order do I do these?

Famassu

Can someone explain all this X, unchained, and back cover stuff to me. What do I do first? I just beat 0.2 and dont know where to go from here. I think I read back cover spoils unchained? Idk. What order do I do these?
They don't add up to much so it doesn't really matter. They set up and tell a bit more about what kind of shit lead to the Keyblade War but all in all it's not all that much except introducing some new concepts/characters/plot devices (but then not doing much with any of it). It's all a big tease for stuff presumably in KHIII (and possibly beyond).

Edit: To be a bit more presise, Chi and Unchained Chi basically tell the same story except with small differences that don't matter much in the big picture. Chi leaves everything unresolved, Unchained Chi/Union Cross is still ongoing. Backcover happens in parallel to Chi/Unchained Chi, just showing stuff from the POV of the Foretellers, the leaders of keyblade unions. Much like Chi, it resolves nothing and leaves everything completely open, presumably to be handled in KHIII considering a black box from Backcover is mentioned in a KHIII trailer.

Malyse

[chi] - You play up to the start of the War. You opt out on joining the Dandelions. You lose and possibly die. It's hazy.
Back Cover - What the Foretellers were doing that ended up leading to the War. Muddies the water than annoying degree.
Unchained - You are maybe playing through the memory of the first time you went up to the war. You get your memories rewrote so you do join the Dandelions and bypass the Bad End.
Union - The new timeline where you bypassed the War and the Dandelions made new unions with new Foretellers cause those a-holes are probably dead or whatever.

Does it make sense? Not a lick. I'm certain once the story finishes it will be parseable, but this story is the most non of sense and this months marks four years since I started playing. Actually I think it was August 15, 2013 to the day. So actual four years.

They don't add up to much so it doesn't really matter. They set up and tell a bit more about what kind of shit lead to the Keyblade War but all in all it's not all that much except introducing some new concepts/characters/plot devices (but then not doing much with any of it). It's all a big tease for stuff presumably in KHIII (and possibly beyond).

Edit: To be a bit more presise, Chi and Unchained Chi basically tell the same story except with small differences that don't matter much in the big picture. Chi leaves everything unresolved, Unchained Chi/Union Cross is still ongoing. Backcover happens in parallel to Chi/Unchained Chi, just showing stuff from the POV of the Foretellers, the leaders of keyblade unions. Much like Chi, it resolves nothing and leaves everything completely open, presumably to be handled in KHIII considering a black box from Backcover is mentioned in a KHIII trailer.

[chi] - You play up to the start of the War. You opt out on joining the Dandelions. You lose and possibly die. It's hazy.
Back Cover - What the Foretellers were doing that ended up leading to the War. Muddies the water than annoying degree.
Unchained - You are maybe playing through the memory of the first time you went up to the war. You get your memories rewrote so you do join the Dandelions and bypass the Bad End.
Union - The new timeline where you bypassed the War and the Dandelions made new unions with new Foretellers cause those a-holes are probably dead or whatever.

Does it make sense? Not a lick. I'm certain once the story finishes it will be parseable, but this story is the most non of sense and this months marks four years since I started playing. Actually I think it was August 15, 2013 to the day. So actual four years.

so basically now the original chi doesnt matter at all because its retold in unchained? Would u recommend getting the all the story in unchained thats out, and then watching back cover?

wait i thought unchained was the iphone game? Jeez, this is too much lol

Psxphile

so basically now the original chi doesnt matter at all because its retold in unchained? Would u recommend getting the all the story in unchained thats out, and then watching back cover?

wait i thought unchained was the iphone game? Jeez, this is too much lol

I would say [chi]'s epilogue "Episode Zero" matters since it introduces a certain plot thread that probably won't be elaborated on in Union Cross for a while yet.

Malyse

Nothing matters yet, which means everything will matter later. Theonly thing to be mentioned by name in a KH3 trailer *has never shown up in a game* (that damned box outta nowhere). It's been four years and a movie and we don't know who the traitor is. If there's a traitor which I'm pretty sure there isn't.

Fortunately, Skuld is still the best character design Nomura has ever made.

Azuran

Banned
Nomura is the greatest director in gaming history. Yes, I said it.

How does this man go to sleep at night when he pulls shit like this lmao

Famassu

To be fair Nomura deliberately makes KH this way, at least as far as these kind of storybeats & ideas go. He knows the core fanbase loves this stuff and he's giving it to them. I'm sure he doesn't think he's writing some everlasting Shakespear level classic for the ages, but a fun crazy story with all kinds of twists & surprising connections that less critical fans can speculate about & have fun with in between releases.

He can come up with something a bit less crazy, like his original concepts for FFVersus XIII that were pretty grounded and seemed like they were mostly devoid of the kind of crazy antics KH has.

Azuran

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing Dyme or Myde, or whatever showing up now because it's obvious everyone and their grandmother is coming back in KH3.

do you think meaningful *new* characters are gonna get introduced in [chi] though

Top Bottom