• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

cj_iwakura

You can liquify cards for some of their craft cost back and put that to other cards. The crafting currency is vials.

For the 13 orbs thing, not sure. What card/scenario are you referring to?
One spell cost 13 orbs, but the amount seemed to cap at 10.

Ken

Only 10+ spell I see is Dimension Shift, and it has a spellboost that reduces its cost.

If that's the card then you want to get it in your hand pretty early and get it super low cost so you can play it with a lot of direct damage cards and then repeat with your Dimension Shifted turn.

PsionBolt

10 is the max, yeah. If the cost is higher than that, you need to get it down somehow; read the card, it might differ from one to another. For example, I recall that one extra turn spell costs like 18 to start, but goes down by 1 every time you cast another spell while the extra turn one is in your hand.

Vecks

Whoa, I never thought it'd be on steam. Always been curious about it, so I'm definitely giving it a try now.

I've been playing it for a bit. Draft mode is unique and well made. Ladder felt like a worse version of hearthstone. Draft was a compelling experience though and you can play drafts against friends for free.

Ken

Dare I ask, what is a draft mode?

Also afraid to ask.

draft is when you make a deck from a pool of cards given to you on the spot, instead of playing with a deck you made previously.

rerolling is just resetting the game to get a new set of free packs but you can only do it if you have the mobile version. i wouldn't worry too much about this especially if it's your first card game.

Dahbomb

Dare I ask, what is a draft mode?

Also afraid to ask.
The draft mode is Take Two. You choose cards in pairs and make a deck out of it, then play 5 matches with that deck against others and you get rewards based on how many you win out of 5.

Rerolling is uninstalling the game and then reinstalling the game which resets your initial packs so you can try to get the starting Legendaries you want. I don't know the full specifics on it.

cj_iwakura

The draft mode is Take Two. You choose cards in pairs and make a deck out of it, then play 5 matches with that deck against others and you get rewards based on how many you win out of 5.

Rerolling is uninstalling the game and then reinstalling the game which resets your initial packs so you can try to get the starting Legendaries you want. I don't know the full specifics on it.

I got a Lucifer.

I'm good.

I'm a little confused about how Spellboost works. Is it automatically applied?

Yeah. Any time you cast a spell, every spell with spellboost gets a buff. So to win with this deck, you find your combo pieces and delay until you can give yourself multiple turns with 7/7s on the board to end the match.

Ken

whew

a28PgvZ.jpg

1 thing I wish they improved on was making the legendary cards and class cards stand out from each other more

Got the Prince of Darkness card and uh wow.

Sure everything I was pulling needed 10 but my god all those cards were very strong and I made quick work of the battle then. One of the cards was a 13/13 I forget the name of it though.

In addition playing with the Fairy deck feels weird cause I don't feel like I can do much till later stages of battle.

After we run of achievements and other one time rewards what will be main source of card packs ?

Also is there any incentive to play ranked ? In hearthstone it was giving a bit of gold but I don't see anything here ?

Eridani

After we run of achievements and other one time rewards what will be main source of card packs ?

Also is there any incentive to play ranked ? In hearthstone it was giving a bit of gold but I don't see anything here ?

You get 100 gold (almost) every time you rank up, which is pretty nice. This site lists the rewards you can get for things: https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/achievements-rewards. You also get rewards as your ranking score increases. You need to claim these rewards manually from home > missions in case you missed that. This might reset each month, but I just started playing so I'm not sure about that.

Apart from that you also get dailies, which seem much more generous than Hearthstone. but getting packs does seem to become much harder after you run out of one time rewards. The devs also give out free stuff at times, which is nice.

Ketkat

Wow this game is pretty refreshing after having played a lot of Hearthstone.

I really wish Hearthstone would use this kind of game log because there's is such garbage

sgjackson

I've been playing it for a bit. Draft mode is unique and well made. Ladder felt like a worse version of hearthstone. Draft was a compelling experience though and you can play drafts against friends for free.

hearthstone with decent limited is something i'm willing to try. not super into fanservice so hopefully that isn't too egregious.

Ascheroth

This game's fun.
Looks like I'm going to play Havencraft for a while, lol. Got 2 legendaries for it (Seraph and Jeanne) as well as the neutral Lucifer (out of the 4 I have, haha).
Still need to get used to deck building though.

vladisaac

I've been playing Shadowverse since launch.

Currently at rank A1 on the ranked ladder.

While I'm still enjoying the game a lot, I am not liking the state of the metagame after the Darkness Evolved expansion.
It's tiring to constantly face Heal Haven/Rush Haven, Spellboost Rune...

That being said, I am mostly playing as Swordcraft, which is still pretty consistent against every matchups.

petran79

Banned
I thought you'd be able to play offline too. Game requires internet connection even in solo mode, despite being 1.6 gb in size

Nikodemos

Really enjoying Shadowverse. Shows what a terribly designed game Hearthstone is.

However, since it has Blizz's 800-lb gorilla of a marketing dept behind it, it's very, very hard to create inroads. Besides, anything Blizz is instantaneously cool for people who have grown up playing WoW (except HotS, barely any of the younger folks at work play that).

New to avoid double post:

I made a dragoncraft deck. Kind of midrange/zooey with a storm finisher. The idea is to have decent early game, with plenty of powerful tempo removal once they start using evolves to get the board. Several of my cards are stronger once overflow activates, and enough cycle to hopefully get those end game storm finishers (3x 6 cost units that hit for 5 and have "can't attack" text, meaning removal or wards are the only way they deal with them).

Unfortuneately I lack 3 dark dragoons fortes that cost 3500 each. I'm about 11,100 vials away from completing this deck and I only have 740 vials. I do have 1210 gold. I wonder if I should liquefy a lot of cards. Seems pretty bad. At least the dark dragoon fortes are standard set, meaning if I keep playing arena over and over I may get them from opening packs.

old:
https://shadowverse-portal.com/image/card/en/C_102041010.png?20160930a
Fanfare: Increase your evolution points to 3.

This card seems really good for late game decks like dragoncraft.

Being able to ensure you have evolve points for hydra (5/5->7/7 attack twice) seems really powerful.

KuroNeeko

I've been playing Shadowverse since launch.

Currently at rank A1 on the ranked ladder.

While I'm still enjoying the game a lot, I am not liking the state of the metagame after the Darkness Evolved expansion.
It's tiring to constantly face Heal Haven/Rush Haven, Spellboost Rune...

That being said, I am mostly playing as Swordcraft, which is still pretty consistent against every matchups.

Yeah, I want to agree but you play Sword so...

Also, Tempo elf is just as broken, if not THE most broken arch-type (along with PtP).

I hear you though, I main Control Vampire and Bishop and I'm not even happy with Rush Haven. Heal Haven isn't even as fun as Sunshine Haven from preDE.

patchday

Nice OT! I don't really play the game but I appreciate the Anime style and nice Evolve mechanics. Reminds me a little of Solforge (where every card can be upgraded)

Dahbomb

Can you derank in the same letter rank?

Like can you derank from A3 to A2?

Man ranking up takes so long in this game. I won like 12 games last night losing only 2 and I am still only in D rank.

sibarraz

Banned
So are there videos of how to use spell runecraft? I saw karsticles explaining that you have to gain extra turns with the giants and the 18 mana spell, but I don't know how can you setup up this play with spellboosts, since you require to have all this cards on hand, and reducing a 18 mana card onto something playable doesn't sound that easy, but maybe I'm missing something

I think only Master rank gets reset every season. I have never tried ladder in this game until yesterday, mostly just played Unranked and Take Two.

Which is the "legend" rank?

Dahbomb

Which is the "legend" rank?
It's Master rank.

I think it goes D, C, B, A, AA, Master and each of the letter grades have 3 tiers in them so it goes D1, D2, D3. Someone can correct me on this.

Also the higher you go on the ranks, the more you points you lose on a loss. Earlier on you loss essentially nothing on a loss but later on you can lose up to 70 points at rank B-A.

So are there videos of how to use spell runecraft? I saw karsticles explaining that you have to gain extra turns with the giants and the 18 mana spell, but I don't know how can you setup up this play with spellboosts, since you require to have all this cards on hand, and reducing a 18 mana card onto something playable doesn't sound that easy, but maybe I'm missing something
It's really easy. The entire deck is made up of spells and draw. Even the minions either generate spells, spellboost or are spells themselves.

There's also a card called Sorcery Cache which double spell boosts a single card which means you reduce the card's cost by 3 as Sorcery Cache is a spell itself.

Normally if I get Dimension and the 7/7 in my hand early, I can play them both in the same turn by turn 8/9. The real issue is if you get Dimension in the bottom 3 of your deck or if you get the 7/7 in the bottom of your deck as you need both of them to pull it off. Sometimes you can do some fancy stuff with multiple Dimensions and the few minions in the deck plus the random spell pings to face.

Here's Kripp using it:

https://youtu.be/KjlBplPQEVQ?t=12m57s

vladisaac

Yeah, I want to agree but you play Sword so...

Also, Tempo elf is just as broken, if not THE most broken arch-type (along with PtP).

I hear you though, I main Control Vampire and Bishop and I'm not even happy with Rush Haven. Heal Haven isn't even as fun as Sunshine Haven from preDE.

Shhhh! I know I'm part of the problem too with my Control Swordcraft!
Sword is overally too consistent.

Can you derank in the same letter rank?

Like can you derank from A3 to A2?

Yes, you can derank from A3 to A2.
But you can't derank from A1 to B3. No idea if it's also the case for lower ranks though.

ThaPhantom

I have been playing this game nonstop for the last 3 weeks. Been having a lot of fun and it is really refreshing after Hearthstone's balance has gone down the crapper the last year or so. I haven't quit HS but SV is so much more fun right now and with another expansion or two should have a lot more variety as well. Hopefully more people stick with it because I want this game to be successful.

Top Bottom