• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

Netto-kun

Feels bad not being able to use the Brave weapons when barely any characters have the required weapon level for those. I guess it's time to grind some affinities...

Linkark07

Banned
Anyone knows if special edition music cds include all the tracks of the game or just a selection of them? Only reason I might hold my special edition preorder or just cancel it and go standard.

Netto-kun

Is there a list of what every individual Fire Emblem Amiibo gets you anywhere?
Initial scan of Chrom amiibo gives you Imitation of Chrom's Sword while initial scan of Tiki amiibo gives you Tiki's Tear.

The other Fire Emblem amiibo according to some random Japanese wiki.

- 50% chance to get ★3 weapon
- 35% chance to get ★4 weapon
- 15% chance to get ★5 weapon

You need to unlock the higher tier weapons in-game before you are able to get the weapons from the Fire Emblem amiibo.

All other amiibo will give you weapons (any ★ and lower rate than the FE amiibo), common/uncommon/rare materials or 500/5000/50000 gold.

D-Man

Does anybody else's Switch copy on Amazon still have this as the delivery date?
N8jH6Qb.png

I've had it pre-ordered since the Switch conference in January and I even talked to a rep who told me this would be updated and I'll be getting it on time, but I have a bad feeling about that.

Renna Hazel

N8jH6Qb.png

I've had it pre-ordered since the Switch conference in January and I even talked to a rep who told me this would be updated and I'll be getting it on time, but I have a bad feeling about that.

Mine says it's arriving this Friday. I'd E-mail Amazon just to make sure they don't screw up. This happened to me a while ago with DKC: TF and I ended up getting it a week late.

N8jH6Qb.png

no, in fact, mine was recently updated to release date delivery

RedToad64

N8jH6Qb.png

You should either contact Amazon again, or cancel your order and place a new one.

took a break from grinding for few days due to sidetracked by some mobile game. will probably return to it around English release.
So I have been playing the game on Casual and had no idea that reviving fallen allies require 10 rare materials and 300k gold. And looks like the reviving option is not available right away since you need to unlock it from gathering Anna's Memories (picture pieces).

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/920220422070607873

the unlock requirement isn't that much. I think it's about 1/2 of 1st set of memories for story mode?
or just reset the game if you don't want to waste 10 gold mats

Kysen

Finished the campaign yesterday, the last boss was a joke and I just chain musou/awakening it. Had a painful game crash 20min into a mission.
Compared to the dragon quest musous this game is quite a step back.

Steejee

Dear Nintendo: I never thought I'd ask this of you, but please slow down the release of the hour destroying games a little. My backlog is crying under the weight of too many great games.

Finished the campaign yesterday, the last boss was a joke and I just chain musou/awakening it. Had a painful game crash 20min into a mission.
Compared to the dragon quest musous this game is quite a step back.

Step back from the DQ ones? Step back from both or just the 2nd? Because the first one wasn't really that great so if this isn't even as good as that I may just skip it.

M-PG71C

You should either contact Amazon again, or cancel your order and place a new one.

Yep, I would give them a call too. Mine has already been charged on the card and shipped for Friday.

I've done a media blackout on this game, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. So this should be fun!

N8jH6Qb.png

I have the same issue,

"Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

:\

Kysen

Step back from the DQ ones? Step back from both or just the 2nd? Because the first one wasn't really that great so if this isn't even as good as that I may just skip it.
Other than ordering your characters fire emblem style during missions its just the basic musou formula from every other game. Run around hitting trash mobs kill generals and open castle doors. I have only played the first DQ game and its definitely a step back from that.

Draxal

Other than ordering your characters fire emblem style during missions its just the basic musou formula from every other game. Run around hitting trash mobs kill generals and open castle doors. I have only played the first DQ game and its definitely a step back from that.

First DQ heroes game was the worst musou game in a while tbh.

Greedings

I want this game...and I don't really know why.

I don't particularly like warriors games, but once in a while I can enjoy them.

R0ckman

N8jH6Qb.png

Ordered the same time as you did and mine still has that date, this has happened a few times but I always get mine on time.

I haven't played or seen DQH1, but I thought the review said it what just mediocre. How would you rank Fire Emblem Warriors to Hyrule Warriors? Were you playing the Switch or 3ds version?

Kysen

I haven't played or seen DQH1, but I thought the review said it what just mediocre. How would you rank Fire Emblem Warriors to Hyrule Warriors? Were you playing the Switch or 3ds version?
I never played Hyrule warriors and I was playing the switch version of this game.

R0ckman

DQH1 is great in terms of the features and gameplay compared to other warrior games but story and characterization is mediocre so I'm assuming thats what they mean. I have both of them.

Kysen

Without giving us your review score, your saying this game is a "Pass" or "Buy"?
I love musou games so i knew what to expect, that and the JP cast has all my favourites. If you go in expecting something radically different from the musou formula you will be disappointed. Buy day one as a musou fan, wait till the price drops otherwise.

D-Man

Thanks for the responses, guys. Had to talk to a few reps but I eventually got the situation fixed. Will be getting it on Friday as planned.

Excited to finally dip my toes into a Musou game!

I love musou games so i knew what to expect, that and the JP cast has all my favourites. If you go in expecting something radically different from the musou formula you will be disappointed. Buy day one as a musou fan, wait till the price drops otherwise.

Thanks to you and @R0ckman for the information. Any additional thoughts you care to share on FE Warriors or any other upcoming game?

Neghis

Neo Member

The DQ ones are pretty different from a lot of musous you would be better off comparing it to Hyrule Warriors.

Nearly done with everything (Just a few rifts and Anna's battles left), I have to say I'm thankful gold rains from the sky. Managed to level pretty much everyone not named Elise to at least Lv. 60 through gold alone and they're all packing 5* A-rank weapons too~ No grinding for unit-restricted battles necessary. Heard that was a bit of an issue with Hyrule Warriors.

If you're looking to fill out all 6 slots on those weapons though with traits like stronger crits (or want to make personal weapons on-par with 5* A-rank weapons), prepare to suffer. >.> Not that it's necessary to fill them out -- 240 Atk is plenty sufficient in my experience --, but it's more busywork than I'd like to fill out a weapon with all the traits I want.

How fun are the character movesets? I had a lot of fun with Hyrule Warriors, but I’ve been cautious about this one.

Can't make any comparisons to Hyrule Warriors, but I'm liking them for the most part. Favorites by far are Corrin, all mounted characters that aren't pegasi (Xander's horse, Camilla, Leo / Elise, Frederick) and Lissa. Digging Rowan / Lianna and Marth / Celica too. Have to mess some more with Ryoma, Robin, Tiki, and Lyn. Pegasi (Hinoka / Cordelia / Caeda) I'm still getting used to as their dash attack is really unwieldy but the rest of their moveset is good. Eh on Chrom / Lucina.

Only ones that stand out as bad to me are the archers (Takumi / Sakura / Anna) because, unless I'm missing something, stunning targets to set up crits requires having them stay still and stay -away- from the thick of things which just doesn't fit the spirit of the game at all.

tl;dr: Archers suck. Rest range from fine to really fun for me.

mas8705

I know I just posted this on the other thread for FE:W's season pass trailer, but I'd like to post it here too in terms of generating a possible "DLC Character Roster" we might see over the coming months.

The trailer said that each pack will contain Three New Playable Heroes.

The question is... Who will those nine be? Will it be a case where the nine characters will come from the respective games of Fates, Shadow Dragon and Awakening? Or will we get a nice wild card thrown into the mix in order to bring some fan favorites from other games? Anyone want to take potshots at who we'll see?

Seems likely that we could say Tharja could take up one of the Awakening slots, while Azura would take a Fates slot. It might seem likely that an older Tiki could take an Awakening slot too.

As for the rest... it is a bit harder to say without throwing out names and being completely wrong. Perhaps Henry or Lon'qu would take the last Awakening slot but I can't think of any others due to my lack of "FE" know how. Perhaps in the Shadow Dragons pack, they might pull a fast one and add in those other characters we want to see (Ike, Roy, Hector).

Of course, there is also a good chance that the "costumes and weapons" could be a small way to help debunk other heroes from being added in by having them dress up or use the weapons of others so that their character is excluded out of the roster. The possibility it there that a few surprises could pop up, but I'll be ready for FE:W this Friday.

Josephl64

I actually really dislike playing as Leo, something about his moveset just doesn't gel with me, but I guess that's more of a personal issue.

Overall pegasus knights(Sheeda), Marth, Tiki, and the main lords have fun movesets. (I say lords, but I only play as Lianna). Asides from those, I'm fine with all of them except for the aforementioned Leo.

Haven't unlocked Anna yet so I can't say.

I've recieved this from Amazon

"Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I understand your concern regarding the shipping estimate for your order #XXX
We rely on the manufacturer for release date information, and they've indicated that "Fire Emblem Warriors - Nintendo Switch" will be released on October 20, 2017.

Once this item has been released and we receive copies, we'll be able to ship it to you. When your order is shipped, we'll send you an e-mail confirmation. We don't charge you for items until they enter the shipping process.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Sabana S."

Top Bottom