• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
My 100% playthrough was just under 30 hours on Mastermind difficulty.

I say 100% but I'm missing one yaoi picture and the secret collectible map you find in someone's house didn't help.

I'm about to fight General Disarray, how far am I through the main story?

ViciousDS

Banned
My 100% playthrough was just under 30 hours on Mastermind difficulty.

I say 100% but I'm missing one yaoi picture and the secret collectible map you find in someone's house didn't help.

that's a pretty relaxing 100% time.......I'm going to enjoy playing an RPG that isn't uber long for once!

ViciousDS

Banned
If I get this on Steam, is it better to preload it now or just download it when it officially releases?

why wouldn't you preload and be ready to launch when the game release? It makes no difference honestly....all it does is unpacks the game and when the game launches gives you the executable to play.

Chopper

Ugh. I thought the difficulty trophy was only tied to skin colour. I guess I'll have to start again with Mastermind difficulty to get it.

BT-727

Neo Member
Our review is up: 9/10 http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/reviews/south-park-fractured-but-whole-review-1763589

Minor technical issues aside, the stellar combat, engaging narrative, and quirky humour make this 30 hour romp through the quiet mountain town of South Park, Colorado, worth checking out. Particularly if the TV show’s brand of humour gels with you. It’s a marked improvement over South Park: The Stick of Truth in almost every way. Role-playing games have had a bumper year with Persona 5, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier: Automata, and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and South Park: The Fractured But Whole continues the trend in spectacular fashion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I get this on Steam, is it better to preload it now or just download it when it officially releases?

The answer to that depends on your internet connection and, to a lesser extent, system. If you have a 250Mbps connection or higher, definitely don't bother pre-loading.

Pepin

Daily Star review is live:

5/5

THE GOOD

• A tight, satisfying re-thought battle system that really complements the boys’ superhero characters
• The open world is revealed in satisfying bursts, great fun to explore
• Satire and humour remains sharp - far more jokes hit than miss
• Graphics make for an authentic South Park experience
• Great voice work and moments of the OST are fantastic

THE BAD

• Crafting system feels tacked on, under-developed
• Battle progression can be slow and grindy
• Some animations or sequences can’t be skipped

PrimeBeef

Got my copy on Saturday, but I started a new Stick of Truth playthrough. Figured it would be an easy platinum...

Well a word of advice, any collectable needs to be re-picked up if you die. So I've missed out on one bloody Chinpokomon! (That's twice now lol)
That's why you save often. I got in the habit
of doing that back in the NES days. After every Chinpokomon I save.

noomi

Enjoyed the hell out of the first game, but don't have the time to commit to this one yet.... will likely purchase further down the line.

I'm wondering if there is a new game plus to carry everything over to a second play through. With all the classes and abilities it seems like multiple runs would be a good idea

N° 2048

Yes. The real GOTY is coming.

YyQLMM3.jpg

giphy.gif

moerser

if anyone still needs to play the first one, im giving away my pc uplay code. (i dont know if its region dependend, eu)

edit: pm please, will send the code later today.

edit2: gone.

Posted this question in the review thread, but maybe this is a better place:

I won't be playing this for another month, but I need to know only one thing from those who've completed it: do Nathan and Mimsy make appearances? I'm one of the ten people who think they're funny, see.

SKINNER!

Banned
Got mine in the mail just now. Can anyone confirm if the Free PS4 version of Stick of Truth you get when you preorder the game is uncensored in Europe? It is. Damn. Nevermind. Guess I won't be needing my Free Game Code for PS4.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So if I want to play this at midnight should I go PS4? Steam won't be up until noon or so right?

Yeah. The Steam version has a countdown timer now and it's not unlocking for another 27.5 hours even though the Uplay version unlocks in 9.5 hours.

Top Bottom