• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for Pokémon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon

Looks like a significant story buff. Solid. They're actually making me curious about how the postgame gets started, and what the postgame will be.

_Aaron_

So...is this an expanded re-release of Sun/Moon or a sequel? Can anyone tell?

They've said it's not a sequel. They said it’s a “story that has a little divergence” from Sun and Moon.

So think alternate universe where Necrozma invaded or something like that...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
These trailers make me more excited considering what they are already getting out of the 3DS.

not gonna lie
that font and music choice made it seem a bit like a fan trailer. The music barely fit what was being shown. Like someone really enjoyed the Twilight Princess E3 trailer and wanted to make their own version and didnt do a very good job.

GokouD

I might be totally clutching at straws here, but they're advertising this on Cartoon Network in the UK now, and the first clip of the game looks very different from all the other clips. Like high-res, anti-aliased... I wonder if there's any chance someone accidentally included a bit of footage from an unannounced Switch version?

Hydrus

I might be totally clutching at straws here, but they're advertising this on Cartoon Network in the UK now, and the first clip of the game looks very different from all the other clips. Like high-res, anti-aliased... I wonder if there's any chance someone accidentally included a bit of footage from an unannounced Switch version?

I'm going to lmao if they end up releasing a switch version early next year.

JoeM86

No, that's just pre-rendered stuff that appears in the opening intro and is used in promotional stuff. It happens all the time.

I'm going to lmao if they end up releasing a switch version early next year.

It's not happening.

JoeM86

They've all been really horrible. Pokemon needs to pare their shit down. These new monsters are all so dumb, with their stupid filename-style names.

I dunno, this just feels like a super weird game to me.

Those are just codenames because they are mysterious creatures from beyond the world

For example, of the 7 that were in Sun & Mon

UB Parasite - Actual name: Nihilego
UB Absorption - Actual name: Buzzwole
UB Beauty - Actual name: Pheromosa
UB Lighting - Actual name: Xurkitree
UB Blaster - Actual name: Celesteela
UB Slash - Actual name: Kartana
UB Glutton - Actual name: Guzzlord

They have actual Pokémon names.

Aleh

Sheeesh, this bump and the low number of replies had me thinking this was another new trailer. Now I’m sad.

we now have ultra, mega and Z. Whats next?

I like Break and Burst modes in the TCG and Pokken a bit more than those names that sound like they're new versions of street fighter. Ultra holes, Ultra beasts and Ultra space o_o

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
we now have ultra, mega and Z. Whats next?

I like Break and Burst modes in the TCG and Pokken a bit more than those names that sound like they're new versions of street fighter. Ultra holes, Ultra beasts and Ultra space o_o

I would love a Held item that you can give to any Pokemon that Boost them up to BREAK status that essentially increases all of the Base Stats of the Pokemon who is holding it. That way anyone can be boosted to a Mega Evolution status without Game Freak having to design new Pokemon and some nich Pokemon can become competitively viable.

I would love a Held item that you can give to any Pokemon that Boost them up to BREAK status that essentially increases all of the Base Stats of the Pokemon who is holding it. That way anyone can be boosted to a Mega Evolution status without Game Freak having to design new Pokemon and some nich Pokemon can become competitively viable.

that would be great
too bad it wont happen :)

Top Bottom