• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Kyuur

I'd love if someone made a "character design through the ages" kind of thing for HxH like has been done with One Piece. Would be interesting to see the changes, Hisoka and Chrollo are definitely bulkier than they once were but Shalnark remained largely unchanged.

Philippo

I can't help but read Kurapika's current situation as huge ass death flags though. He's getting a little too good at his job/close to his goals.

Oh yeah absolutely.
I guess the whole theme of new Nen abilities in this arc is Stand-like creatures? Even Kurapika got one too now.

Also, i need to re-read the last few chapters lol

Yonafunu

Kurapika's Steel Chain having a crazy dolphin robot spirit seems out of place compared to the rest of the chains. It kinda bothers me. Good chapter tho.

Jigolo

So we now know what all the chains do. Stealing a power for one time use is pretty OP but that isn't something to use during battle. Dude was tied down, restrained. I wonder how far ahead Togashi really planned, Volume 33 already has the dolphin coming out of his index finger chain... but then again maybe Togashi was just inspired by that and just recently came up with the power in his time off instead of anything actually being planned.

My memory is still fuzzy about the last few chapters since it's literally been years since I've read them but I need to see who unleashed the nen beasts. The Momoze girl behind that huge stuffed animal is up to something too, I'm interested in seeing how she'll "take care of herself". So far two hours on the boat 9 bodyguards already dead lol. Last panel is creepy

daveo42

Banned
My memory is still fuzzy about the last few chapters since it's literally been years since I've read them but I need to see who unleashed the nen beasts. The Momoze girl behind that huge stuffed animal is up to something too, I'm interested in seeing how she'll "take care of herself". So far two hours on the boat 9 bodyguards already dead lol. Last panel is creepy

Well she's the one taking out Kurapika's men protecting the youngest prince, but her comments about being tired seem like she isn't entirely under its control or is completely unaware how nen works. I'd assume it's the latter, though it also seems all of the bodyguards around her are not nen users or were briefed beforehand.

And here I thought the young prince was the one inadvertently lashing out with his nen beast as opposed to it being someone else entirely.

Philippo

So we now know what all the chains do. Stealing a power for one time use is pretty OP but that isn't something to use during battle. Dude was tied down, restrained. I wonder how far ahead Togashi really planned, Volume 33 already has the dolphin coming out of his index finger chain... but then again maybe Togashi was just inspired by that and just recently came up with the power in his time off instead of anything actually being planned.

Well she's the one taking out Kurapika's men protecting the youngest prince, but her comments about being tired seem like she isn't entirely under its control or is completely unaware how nen works. I'd assume it's the latter, though it also seems all of the bodyguards around her are not nen users or were briefed beforehand.

And here I thought the young prince was the one inadvertently lashing out with his nen beast as opposed to it being someone else entirely.

Aren't Nen Beasts completely independent from their users? The death of Kurapika's men is just a consequence of the beasts going random on the ship, no secret agenda or anything (for now).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Aren't Nen Beasts completely independent from their users? The death of Kurapika's men is just a consequence of the beasts going random on the ship, no secret agenda or anything (for now).

Depends on the Nen beast as we see someone like Razor who could control up to 14 at the same time

Kurapika still op I see lol

I enjoyed this chapter, hopefully the pace picks up a bit from here now that a lot of the explanation is out of the way

Kyuur

So about Momoze's guardian beast: I guess it asks if you're free because Momoze feels like everyone is too busy for her? Her reaction to her mother suggests she's probably used to being left alone while everyone dotes on her younger brother.

The whole rampage kind of confuses me. Since its been stated that they don't follow the will of the host, wouldn't the current king's beast also go about doing whatever? I was more expecting them to act like stands to protect the host, although I guess if the beast perceives Wobble as a threat to her that could be a reason for taking out his guards?

Euphony

Banned
Depends on the Nen beast as we see someone like Razor who could control up to 14 at the same time

In this case though the parasitic Nen beasts that each of the princes has aren't being controlled directly by their corresponding prince. The parasitic Nen beasts are most likely acting out of self preservation of its host or the host's desire to win the succession war based on what Kurapika said in the previous chapter. Even if the parasitic Nen beasts could be directly controlled, I doubt many of the princes have the ability to perceive Nen let alone be able to use Hatsu at the level being shown here.

Philippo

Yeah the whole point of this mini-arc is a giant GoT style war where no one knows what the fuck its going on and how to stop it, it's all out of the control of anyone.

woopWOOP

Oh damn, why do I always get these continuation dates wrong? Thought it would continue a week later then it did again

So Kurapika's got a nen-dolphin buddy now. That's cool. Can't wait to see what all these other nen-stands can do

Euphony

Banned
Which ever son that is that wants to bail on the trails of ascension is so fucking dead.

Yep Prince Halkenburg is done for unless he wisens up and changes his mind.

From chapter 350 when Queen Oito explains the succession war
TvRtITP.png

I wonder if the parasitic Nen beasts are also there to ensure that the princes continue to participate in the succession war by killing off any who don't want to be king.

Yep Prince Halkenburg is done for unless he wisens up and changes his mind.

From chapter 350 when Queen Oito explains the succession war

I wonder if the parasitic Nen beasts are also there to ensure that the princes continue to participate in the succession war by killing off any who don't want to be king.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that panel. WSJ is going to have to censor what happens to him. It's going to be police finger tips all over again.

kirblar

I love that the reveal
of Kurapika's final ability is him getting a whammy the first time we see it used. The Dolphin's part of the borrowed ability, right?

The princess's giant mouse nen beast is adorable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I love that the reveal
of Kurapika's final ability is him getting a whammy the first time we see it used. The Dolphin's part of the borrowed ability, right?

The princess's giant mouse nen beast is adorable.

The dolphin is part of his ability. It's basically a summon meant to help him keep track of the information he needs to use his ability.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
He hired Killua's family. That'll be a cool twist. They do have the money to afford them.

I'm just hoping for a fucking battle Royale with the Zoldyck's, the Phantom Troupe, The Princes themselves, Kurapika and Hisoka. Shit maybe Ging will even show up.

I'm just hoping for a fucking battle Royale with the Zoldyck's, the Phantom Troupe, The Princes themselves, Kurapika and Hisoka. Shit maybe Ging will even show up.
I wonder which side Kalluto would pick with that one. That would be some epic shit though. Hit Ging with too many attacks and he'll just use them against you.

Top Bottom