• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like to drink hot water or cold water?

Hot water?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orkidea

Usually just chug down cold water but I have been experimenting drinking hot water and I've noticed to enjoy it longer and more

webkatt

Cold despite being partially Chinese and being taught to drink warm water. And if that wasn't available, room temperature water.

Sesha

Water that's room temperature or close to it. It's what's best for your throat and vocal chords. Although I do quite enjoy drinks of cold water on a warm day.

I guess between hot and cold, then cold.

Elitist1945

I personally like cold water. At my work I get a lot of customers who ask for a coffee cup filled with just hot water which I find kind of weird.

If you go out of your way to drink hot water you need to see someone. Like what is that?

I like ice water. Like, I have a glass of water at my desk all day long, and it's at least half ice. It's gotta be cold. Room temperature water is super meh. Hot water is gross af.

Don't want to give OP too hard of a time, there's definitely an appeal I can see for hot water. Nothing too hot but I can see the satisfaction in it.

But yo dog you hear about these things call teabags? That shit will blow your mind.

Josh7289

I like room temperature or slightly cool water. It's the easiest to drink.

My gums/teeth/mouth are too sensitive for cold water.

I would be willing to try hot water. I think I will.

Uhhhh ok.

I like cold water to enjoy. However, if I'm trying to hydrate room temperature water is best as you are able to drink it easier.

Rell

Cold despite being partially Chinese and being taught to drink warm water. And if that wasn't available, room temperature water.

I always wondered if this was a thing.

A Chinese restaurant moved into my town claiming to be "Northern Chinese cuisine" and had a menu full of stuff I've never seen or heard of before. Every time I've eaten there the waitstaff swings by the table and asks "can I start you off with something to drink? Soda? Tea? Hot water?"

My rationalization was something about customers bringing their own tea to the restaurant but I always thought that was flimsy reasoning on my part.

wedca

I think the OP has an adventurous spirit, kudos!

My preference is for cold water but not too cold, like I only fill the cup a quarter to a third of the way full with ice if ice is the way that the water will be made cold.

deim0s

Cold water most of the time or room temp. Drinking hot water?! Instant noodles, coffee, tea or cooking man.

Kite

Who the hell drinks hot water outside of the shower?
lol Ya'll uncultured heathens, I know for a fact the Chinese often drink warm hot/water or tea after a meal to help with digestion and blood circulation. I believe the other Asian countries drink more hot tea but for about the same reasons. And showers and drinking hot water.. wut? You're the weird one.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-china-hot-water-20160313-story.html

For many Westerners, the idea of drinking plain hot water is odd. But most Chinese (among others) think Americans' habit of chugging ice water is equally bizarre, and even unhealthy.

I was once told that there is some evolutionary reason behind people not enjoying the taste of warm water.
Something something dangerous bacteria?
But since nobody else is mentioning that, it might be BS..

Anyway, I enjoy painfully cold water.
As cold as possible without freezing it.

I don't think you're supposed to chug cold water. But hot water is just nasty. So go for room temperature to cool water if you're chugging it.

For normal drinking then cold all the way.

Parahan

lol Ya'll uncultured heathens, I know for a fact the Chinese often drink warm hot/water or tea after a meal to help with digestion and blood circulation. I believe the other Asian countries drink more hot tea but for about the same reasons. And showers and drinking hot water.. wut? You're the weird one.

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-china-hot-water-20160313-story.html

Are there any studies to support this? It's seems more like a cultural thing rather than something which is actually beneficial to health.

also

Banned
Are there any studies to support this? It's seems more like a cultural thing rather than something which is actually beneficial to health.

All I heard is that drinking tea that's too hot might actually lead to throat cancer.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cancer-tea-idUSTRE52Q01620090327
People who regularly drank tea less than two minutes after pouring were five times more likely to develop the cancer compared to those who waited four or more minutes, the researchers said.

Kite

I don't think you're supposed to chug cold water. But hot water is just nasty. So go for room temperature to cool water if you're chugging it.
That is fine, just keep in mind some people say the same about cold water; that it's nasty/boring and they need their diet sodas/flavored water/sparkling sodas, crystal lite flavor packs or a twist of lemon. The same is true for hot water; some people just need to dump a shit-ton of sugar and milk into their teas or it has to be sugary coffee/cider/hot chocolate. And some like the light teas or even just hot water.

Probably not, it's eastern medicine philosophy-balance thing. Take it all with a grain of salt. I sometimes drink hot water during cold weather, usually due to laziness and not wanting to find a tea bag but some times I want to warm up without the usual sugary sweet warm beverage of coffee or hot chocolate. It's more refreshing imo.

Aeana

Ice cold water is the most refreshing thing there is for me. It's so good. I would never drink hot water, and frankly I find room temperature water to be such a bummer.

That is fine, just keep in mind some people say the same about cold water; that it's nasty/boring and they need their diet sodas/flavored water/sparkling sodas, crystal lite flavor packs or a twist of lemon. The same is true for hot water; some people just need to dump a shit-ton of sugar and milk into their teas or it has to be sugary coffee/cider/hot chocolate. And some like the light teas or even just hot water.

Well all water is boring, so you'll find no disagreement with me on that one. I only drink it when exercising or with a meal. And I found chugging it when too cold after exercising to be a mistake. I also stop calling it water if you're adding anything to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom