• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

I received my copy of The Last of Us yesterday and it's extremely well made. I appreciate that Mondo used high-quality sleeves like MoFi does inside of the heavier paper sleeve. I didn't get a chance to play them yet so no idea how they sound. I'll report back tonight probably.

the only shame about it was that it's just the same sub -2 minute tracks split onto four records instead of edited into longer tracks.

I received my copy of The Last of Us yesterday and it's extremely well made. I appreciate that Mondo used high-quality sleeves like MoFi does inside of the heavier paper sleeve. I didn't get a chance to play them yet so no idea how they sound. I'll report back tonight probably.

Damn, I haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation. I ordered it right when it went up.

Jessica Curry, of The Chinese Room, makers of Dear Esther, Amnesia: Machine for Pigs and the upcoming Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has confirmed that a vinyl release of the Rapture soundtrack is forthcoming.

jPzZ578.png

jacobeid

Banned
Sounds like they're finishing up shipments for the first pressing this week. Crisis averted. Sucks that the shipments are so spread out.

Dang. Sorry to hear about that :(

Speaking of....I might as well take the Coltrane record off and see what TLoU sounds like!

Edit: Well, it's definitely not a *quiet* album. Hopefully that's just due to static and will reduce after a few plays, but, yeah.

Double edit: I think it was static. Should have used a brush beforehand.

hawk2025

That's just not reasonable for a release like this, unless it had been previously recorded.

I'd be happy having those on top of the actual soundtrack, but definitely not as a substitute.

TAFK

This may be the wrong thread but is there a list similar to that wikipedia list of all game soundtracks released on CD/Cassette? I'd love to see a list of all soundtracks I could potentially buy.

hawk2025

Me too buddy. I recall seeing them saying they were trying to get them all out by the middle of this week.

Yeah.

I understand shipping two thousand boxsets isn't quick, but c'mon. It's been a week. Mondo has been on this business for a while, it's not their first time shipping vinyl, and poster tubes are even more complicated.

robotrock

Banned
Yeah.

I understand shipping two thousand boxsets isn't quick, but c'mon. It's been a week. Mondo has been on this business for a while, it's not their first time shipping vinyl, and poster tubes are even more complicated.

What time did you order? My confirmation came in at 12:01pm.

I'm wondering if people that ordered later got their stuff shipped earlier. Before the preorder opened.

amnesiac

Mondo is very weird when it comes to shipping. Sometimes they ship minutes after you order, sometimes they ship weeks after (even on in-stock items).

EktorOni

All the people asking on twitter seem to have ordered very quickly. I think you may be right, they could be working their way backwards.

Order confirmation came at 11:58AM EST, and I also haven't received my shipping confirmation. You guys may be onto something here.

hawk2025

Received an answer on TLoU:

Hi _______, thank you for reaching out to us!

We are going as quickly as we can with the man power that we have. Everything is OK with your order and we are enlisting more help for next week to get everything out as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

So next week, I guess.

OnPoint

Got the message that my Mega Man is waiting for me at Hot Topic. Also got the message that my Hotline Miami 2 pressing has shipped. Oh man. What a week.

Got my Shatter vinyl today. Can't wait to get back to school to listen to it. The marbly blue is prettier in person than in pictures. Only a slight crumple on the bottom left corner, as I got the "slightly blemished" version.

Datadiscs who are doing the Shenmue and Streets of Rage vinyl said in their latest newsletter:

DATA003 is already at the pressing plant and we expect DATA004 to follow it shortly. We’ll be making an announcement about this very soon, so hold tight!

More critical moneydrains incoming!

Shame though that we haven't gotten their first pressings yet so there is still no guarantees of quality.

Shatter vinyl showed up today. (Thanks Mario!) The album art is minimalist but these tracks are just as compelling as they were on PS3 years ago.

hawk2025

Datadiscs who are doing the Shenmue and Streets of Rage vinyl said in their latest newsletter:

More critical moneydrains incoming!

Shame though that we haven't gotten their first pressings yet so there is still no guarantees of quality.

I'm confident they will do it right.

The samples sounded great, and they rejected the first test pressings for insufficient quality.

The question is, what will 003 and 004 be?

I'm confident they will do it right.

The samples sounded great, and they rejected the first test pressings for insufficient quality.

The question is, what will 003 and 004 be?

good to know about the test pressing. So many vinyl plants are overbooked now and are rushing orders. Would be a shame to get a low quality pressing as their first items.

Streets of Rage 2 aaaaannnddd.... Outrun?

hawk2025

good to know about the test pressing. So many vinyl plants are overbooked now and are rushing orders. Would be a shame to get a low quality pressing as their first items.

It has been confirmed to me that SoR2 is not one of the two (although it is absolutely coming). Also hoping for Outrun!

Atrophis

Finally ordered a copy of the Shatter LP :D

Wonder if Data Discs are going to further cash in on the Shenmue hype and release the Shenmue 2 soundtrack?

OnPoint

Would kill for a vinyl pressing of the Genesis tracks from Ecco the Dolphin.

Kill.

Finally ordered a copy of the Shatter LP :D

Wonder if Data Discs are going to further cash in on the Shenmue hype and release the Shenmue 2 soundtrack?

Be sure to DL the MP3 versions as well as they're a little bit longer than the ones on the vinyl (at least I remember it that way).

NekoFever

That would be awesome. It would probably sell well too as there's a large fan base out that and Shenmue II's soundtrack was never officially released. Sounds like an easy win for them.

Top Bottom