• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Gal Gohan Ch8-9: I know the premise of this manga is kinda stupid, but hey, I like stupid fluffy fun. And the food always helps. Anyway, some of the silliness is taken up to eleven in chapter 9.
Does this border on Stalking?

Witch Hunter Ch165: So, erm... how does any of this, any of this, lead to us having this all explained? And, how can she can be his past self when they have met.
With her falling in love with him... I'm quite lost.

Might also be penning up a longer rec for Fukumenki Noise, as it's probably become one of my favourite Shoujo, even with all its dumb moments.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What the hell is even going on in Fuuka anyway? I dropped it after the truck, but apparently since then there's been second Fuuka, the reveal that second Fuuka inadvertently caused the truck to happen, then first Fuuka reappeared but it just turned out to be a crazy stalker imitating her or something, and now what?

Like, what's actually moving the plot forward at this point?

Fuuka1 got hit by a truck; Fuuka2 showed up. It turned out Fuuka2's dad drove the truck that killed Fuuka1, and Fuuka2 blamed herself because she told the dad to go to work.

Fuuka2 tried to throw herself in front of the truck before Yuu saved her. After this, Fuuka2 joined the band as lead singer.

Koyuki (who quit being an idol and joined a rock band) brought Yuu to a hotel room, got naked and offered to have attachment-free sex with Yuu whenever he wanted. He refused because he was in love with Fuuka2. She hasn't been seen since.

Fuuka1 reappeared and it turned out to be an insane stalker imitating Fuuka1. However, it made Fuuka2 betray the band to join some other band, which ended up not actually happening because Yuu and Fuuka2 got together at this point.

The Hedgehogs band showed up again around this point, but then Tama had a mysterious illness that caused her to have her vocal cords removed. Nico gave Yuu the base of some song he wrote and they're all doing 80s montage training to fill the song out.

Fuuka2 and Yuu are the only ones left in the house. Fuuka2 desperately wants to have sex with Yuu; Yuu has no balls and doesn't even seem to know he owns them and just ignores it every day.

Now we're currently in the middle of side-stories about them leveling up at guitar/bass/etc.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Nanatzu no Taizai I went from "I don't care anything at all about these romances" to "OOOOOOUCH that's a pretty raw deal there Mel...." I guess we're going into flashback again?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
^
yeah, that recommendation is great.

Fuuka1 got hit by a truck; Fuuka2 showed up. It turned out Fuuka2's dad drove the truck that killed Fuuka1, and Fuuka2 blamed herself because she told the dad to go to work.

Fuuka2 tried to throw herself in front of the truck before Yuu saved her. After this, Fuuka2 joined the band as lead singer.

Koyuki (who quit being an idol and joined a rock band) brought Yuu to a hotel room, got naked and offered to have attachment-free sex with Yuu whenever he wanted. He refused because he was in love with Fuuka2. She hasn't been seen since.

Fuuka1 reappeared and it turned out to be an insane stalker imitating Fuuka1. However, it made Fuuka2 betray the band to join some other band, which ended up not actually happening because Yuu and Fuuka2 got together at this point.

The Hedgehogs band showed up again around this point, but then Tama had a mysterious illness that caused her to have her vocal cords removed. Nico gave Yuu the base of some song he wrote and they're all doing 80s montage training to fill the song out.

Fuuka2 and Yuu are the only ones left in the house. Fuuka2 desperately wants to have sex with Yuu; Yuu has no balls and doesn't even seem to know he owns them and just ignores it every day.

Now we're currently in the middle of side-stories about them leveling up at guitar/bass/etc.

This is telenovela tier kind of plot

Aegus

Fairy Tail 541

I can only imagine that Lucy follows Hiatus X Hiatus and Berserk and she knows that boats have incredible stopping power. Plans within plans.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch156

As expected she's ridiculously strong.

img000007uesxm.png

Sounds like her ass has seen some shit.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch583

Such a handy drone. Can't wait for it to be available to the masses.

Yuri Mekuru Oshigoto ch14

That poor TV crew. At least someone enjoyed herself.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni ch41-42

The good old rain.

Viz Shonen Jump 6/26/17

My Hero Academia

Color pages were fantastic felt like I was reading a super hero comic for a moment. The two on two battle set up for next week looks awesome I really can't think of another series that does such a good job rotating out its cast each arc so everyone gets a time to shine.

Hunter x Hunter

It's a good thing toonami just went over the arc that explains kurapika's powers since it helped to refresh how his nen works. Also why does viz consider the dark continent and succession arcs to be separate arcs they're clearly part of the same dark continent arc.

Food Wars

Rindou is amazing god damn, it's too bad Megishima is gonna job since this is the first time we're getting a chance to see him.

Shudan

This manga is gonna get really old "eww girl cooties" is gonna be the way Shiou interacts with Akira all the time. FFS is this a sports manga or a shitty middle school romcom?

Promised Neverland

Considering the guy with the lance on a horse escaped instead of killing the demons I don't think this is going full battle shonen. Clearly the kids will eventually have to fight the demons, but I think it'll be more focused on tactics and strategy since the demons seem to be physically stronger and more capable then the humans. I do feel these next few chapters are gonna define how people react to Promised Neverland going forward.

Dr Stone

Kohaku is great, strong, competent, and able to make Senku be at a loss for words even better then Taiju. Her battle with Tsukasa was really well done looking forward to seeing her outfited with Senku's upcoming science weapons. This series is killing it love the direction its going.

We Never Learn

I guess this confirms Fumino is out of the harem? Unless she gets dragged back in by Yuiga developing feelings for her she seems perfectly content to cheerlead/observe on the sidelines.

Black Clover

Xerx is awesome anyone who uses Asta's stupid meat head as a trap to bait the enemy and win deserves praise. An explanation of why he's pretending to be a magic knight hopefully comes soon and doubly hopefully he doesn't become a full antagonist by arcs end.

Cross Account

This should have been in chapter 1, taking too long to establish the love triangle. The set up while a bit cliche is still more interesting then we never learn.

Seriously why wasn't this part of chapter 1? Same with chapter 3 which will inevitably end with them realizing each other? Why is this a love triangle/harem crap? Wouldn't just a straight romance series about a loser guy and "the idol he can never be with" falling in love and being themselves over social media be far more compelling then another harem romcom?

Robot x Laserbeam

The guy who gets sexually aroused by being someone's golf rival is too weird for me.

Yu gi oh arc v

A two headed monster that's actually two separate monsters? What is this duelist kingdom?

HxH

Well Killua had a cameo so it wasnt 100% boring.

Food Wars

Ugh not giving Kuga his special may hurt things. Im still on the edge of my seat for him.

Shuudan 3
DDRaJrrUAAApjDu.jpg:large

Funny chapter, too bad jump starts always end when the manga is ready to open and show us what its made of.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

"Are you in a love triangle?" asks Chisaki's mom. Little does she know there's like even money on her being in the "triangle." Also, triangle probably isn't the right word.

Also, just lmao @ Chisaki being worried about asking Fuyuzora out because it might make him feel bad to reject her.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

It's a good thing toonami just went over the arc that explains kurapika's powers since it helped to refresh how his nen works. Also why does viz consider the dark continent and succession arcs to be separate arcs they're clearly part of the same dark continent arc.
They can fall under some kind of shared umbrella but the boat ride (= succession) should be considered from the dark continent itself (if we even have an arc there), since we all know the boat ride is gonna last a while. And the succession isn't gonna carry over to the dark continent because the royal family is all dropping off at the new continent, so it makes a good mental cutoff

Chase17

My Hero Academia 142
Some nice color pages. Suneater and Kirishima have been great this arc.

HxH 361
Very good. It is nice to see a new ability from Kurapika. Wonder what the penalty for withdrawing will be.

Shudan! 03
Solid. The captain remains the most hilarious character. I thought we'd get more of a formal Roku introduction this chapter but I guess not. The characters are all pretty likable. I'll probably keep with it for a bit if anyone translates it.

The Promised Neverland 44
Loved how while Ray was running away and examining his options it showed what he anticipated the demons would do. It was cool. Hood mount guy has a nice design. Series keeps up with pretty interesting ends to chapters.

Dr. Stone 16
The dumb shoes this new character wears are going to bug me. Nice to get a new character though. Also had pretty bad art of her in one panel with her back all twisted. Senku being Senku is fun as always. Why is Senku over here if it's Taiju and Yuzuriha who are supposed to be tailing Tsukasa? Did Tsukasa take a weird path back lol. Also just dropping trees on people is ruthless. I guess the revelation that people have been freed for generations is significant too.

WNL 19
Fine I guess. Walking the line of being creepy but that is not uncommon with this series.

Black Clover 115
I was a bit down on fake Xerx, but using Asta as bait and being a pretty big troll makes him alright in my book. Curious to see how in depth the side characters rounds go.

Cross Account 02

Pretty weak. The whole chapter was just recap and a big exposition dump to tell us what we already know about the idol.

Robot x Laserbeam 14
Evil Kise emperor guy is a weird mix of Hisoka and the italian rival person in soma. What has happened to my pure and innocent golf manga?

I wonder if this will be the last match of the series and Robo will just go over the emperor lol. I like that they are pairing Robo with Kazama though. That should be good, and I appreciate how they are dedicating time to members of the team who aren't the regulars.

Promised Neverland

I kind of wanted them to be exploring on their own for a bit more, not really having these white knights of the round table save them with horses.

Dr. Stone

Sorry Kohaku but I think Dr. Stone is not into girls.

Pulleys was cool, but why didnt he just make an ax, it would be faster and he did cut sticks anyway.

BLack Clover

Well Xerx has cool abilities. Im so glad it ended up turning out to him wanting to actually win instead of just doing like he said originally. Hilarious chapter.

dani_dc

Domestic na Kanojo 93

Predictable twist that the trip would be where his stepsister-ex-lover ran to.

Rui should had told someone about it beforehand.

Kingdom 522

Seems odd for Riboku to fall for such strategy, the left wing was an obvious bait.
I'll be shock if there isn't some twist to this.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Fire Punch 55-56
THE RIDE NEVER END.
I thought we already reach peak crazyness, but this is clearly the start of another crazy ride.
I'm still hoping this manga end with Star Wars: The force awaken got into production

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom 522

Seems odd for Riboku to fall for such strategy, the left wing was an obvious bait.
I'll be shock if there isn't some twist to this.

I don't think Riboku fell for anything. He positioned his army in a very balanced way, and it's not like he and Ousen communicated their armies' formations to each other before the battle. In fact, neither have made any moves yet since Mouten opened the battle. If anything, it's Kisui, who actually had a more direct grasp of the forces in front of him, who completely fell for the bait.

Mine too, 10 minutes ago.

Have you considered participating in a Keijo match?

dani_dc

I don't think Riboku fell for anything. He positioned his army in a very balanced way, and it's not like he and Ousen communicated their armies' formations to each other before the battle. In fact, neither have made any moves yet since Mouten opened the battle. If anything, it's Kisui, who actually had a more direct grasp of the forces in front of him, who completely fell for the bait.

Kisui taking the bait doesn't diminish Riboku blame on it, both Riboku and Ousen are responsible for the overall tactics of their own armies.
The current events are all part of Ousen strategy to take out the left wing of Riboku army, this chapter even put emphasis on that.

If Riboku didn't took proper measures to counterattack a bait from Ousen, then that's a failure on his part. Trusting Kisui to handle the situation is in itself a failure, if it proves that he wasn't capable of doing so.
On another hand, Ousen trusting Mou Ten with this strategy would be a winning move if it does indeed pay off.

Zweizer

Banned
Kisui taking the bait doesn't diminish Riboku blame on it, both Riboku and Ousen are responsible for the overall tactics of their own armies.
The current events are all part of Ousen strategy to take out the left wing of Riboku army, this chapter even put emphasis on that.

If Riboku didn't took proper measures to counterattack a bait from Ousen, then that's a failure on his part. Trusting Kisui to handle the situation is in itself a failure, if it proves that he wasn't capable of doing so.
On another hand, Ousen trusting Mou Ten with this strategy would be a winning move if it does indeed pay off.

On the other hand, it does show how effective Ousen's bait was, but yeah, Riboku probably overestimated Kisui. I doubt things will keep going this swimmingly for Qin though.

dani_dc

On the other hand, it does show how effective Ousen's bait was, but yeah, Riboku probably overestimated Kisui. I doubt things will keep going this swimmingly for Qin though.

That's why I'm expecting a panel of Riboku going "Ousen is truly a formidable opponent, to think he could use such tactic. Still that's not enough to take down Kisui" followed by some pre planned strategy for this exact situation.

Zweizer

Banned
Ama + Devi (One-shot) by Homura Subaru

A (formerly) chuuni priestess and a demon girl meets. Kissing and hugging ensues (with a side of [inner darkness]).

Drat, that's what I lacked!

Yuri Family (One-shot) by Mochi Au Lait

Twist: there was no kiss (yet).

Zweizer

Banned
Murciélago ch49-52

Nice that the side characters are getting some action. Reiko giving a hand and finally getting under the spotlight was a welcome development. That sniper fight was all kinds of incredible.

Damn, she certainly is making a strong impression (both figuratively, and literally on that man's face).

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch584

She probably has made more progress in 10 pages than Tomo in 500.

bobohoro

Domestic Na Kanojo 93

Why do you even still care about her you dumbass.
The most infurating part is that you already know things will get fucked for silly reasons although right now it could pass for a somewhat enjoyable romance.
Gah.

Tomo-chan 584

I get all kinds of bad vibes from this manga lately.

Chase17

Kimetsu no Yaiba 67
Bad guys not too happy with Tanjirou. And back to the butterfly estate. Wonder what kind of monster a Rengoku with "talent" would be.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Murcielago ch. 49-52

I expected Senzaki to turn the police station into a war zone, but he kind of just rolled up and jobbed lol. That panel of whatsherface's eye reflecting the giant hole in his head was cool looking though. Sniper battle was great too.

Weekly Shonen Jump #31

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (Cover, Lead CP)
1. One Piece
2. Kimetsu no Yaiba
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (CP)
Hunter x Hunter
3. My Hero Academia
The Promised Neverland (CP)
4. Hinomaru Zumou
5. Haikyu!!
Dr. Stone (CP)
Cross Account
Omoiyo Todoke ~Butsuri-teki Niwa Todokanai~ (One Shot)
6. Gintama
Shudan!
7. Spring Weapon No.01
8. Robot x Laserbeam
9. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
10. We Never Learn
11. Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~

Absent: Black Clover

Weekly Shonen Jump #32
Cover, Lead CP: Gintama
CP: Saiki K., Boruto, We Never Learn

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch585

She should probably revise her estimations upwards.

Hi Score Girl ch42

Yaguchi has made quite a few enemies, yet still doesn't realize why, lol.

Nejimaki Kagyu ch54

Guess it's time for their counter-attack.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch29.5

Nice initiative, Hitomi.

Does Saiki sell well in Japan? I feel line it's anime came and went with nobody giving a shit about it.

But s2 is soon, though I dont think many in the western world care all that much for the wide array of short anime that air each season.

Still cant wait for s2, I think everyone was surprised there wsa going to be more of the anime soon as well as a live action adaptation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tomo-chan ch.585
Surprised she didn't go with a higher number there.

But at least it's easy to agree that Jun's at fault. Whatever it might be.

If he actually moved on his feelings she wouldn't have an issue, so he deserves like 50% of the blame. Ironically Cotton Candy gets the other 50% for misunderstanding Sempai.

Dynedom

To You, The Immortal - 30

Yo, fuck this manga. Dropped.

;_;

Downfall - 01

This is one of those manga's where my overall mood will determine if I can read a new chapter. Seems really interesting but jesus is it bleak.

JulianImp

... Oh. Now that's some next-level nonsensical melodrama right there, even though I'd rather thave that mess than the anime adaptation where Fuuka1's perfectly fine, since it feels like that kind of dumb twists are the only thing setting the series apart from a generic love story.

Still catching up on TWGOK (up to ch77), and it's been pretty nice so far! Nice drawings, decent pacing, the kaketama of the week stories are varied enough to still be entertaining so far and the furigana certainly helps, too.

Top Bottom