• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Itsuki

^ Yup I havent ran into any bugs so far. Wonder if theyre planning to release Ao Evo on the 10th anniversary of Sora no Kiseki.

Ao Evo couldn't be released on the release day of Sora FC because this year June 24 is a Tuesday. But they could release it on the same week.

Aeana

I am completely ashamed that I do not have the first reply to this thread. Bebpo told me he was making it and I still totally missed it. :(

I gotta ask peeps: who's your favorite character in the entire series?

For me it's probably between Kevin and Olivier. Kevin because (3rd spoilers)
his back story made me cry like four times throughout the goddamn game
and Olivier because he's so goddamn funny. (Sen spoilers)
His banter with his younger sister is amazing. I thought they'd be at each other's throats, but they're totally in sync with one another.

Itsuki

Estelle has been my favourite character since I played Sora FC. Maybe it's because of her personality. You don't know how happy I was when I saw her in Zero and
when she and Joshua were playable on the final dungeon of Zero.

Shouta

Finally!

4) Is Zero no Kiseki better paced than FC/SC?

5) So I'm planning on playing Zero no Kiseki Evolution since I like voice acting and I think it'd add to the experience. I hear the ost isn't as good, but honestly I didn't think the music in FC/SC was anything special so if that's the only negative I'm going with the Vita version. Any other problems with Evolution compared to the original?

6) Does Sen no Kiseki have voice acting? I have no idea, but wondering if it'll be weird going from voice acted Zero/Ao to no voice again with Sen if it doesn't.

Ok, that's a lot of text. Sorry for any typos. Don't feel like editing it right now z_z

4) Yes, Zero (and Ao) is better paced than FC/SC overall, IMO. While it has the general hub feel of FC/SC, each chapter has own events/story for that part of it that add to the overall plot. I think that's probably the biggest problem with FC/SC in retrospect. You visit towns to grow the the world/chars but often times, there really wasn't anything going on worth noting. It seems Falcom figured out that it was slow and changed up their formula as a result.

5) Other than the OST being "worse" than the PSP version, I would say Evolution is the best way to play the game because of the voice-acting, some minor additional content, the Vita's OLED screen, and the fact that Ao no Kiseki Evo is set for June. The OST itself is better than Sora no Kiseki, at least to me and it has some of the best tunes in RPGs period. The Super Arranged soundtrack takes that several notches as well, lol.

6) Sen has voice-acting but it's more akin to The PSP versions of Zero/Ao. It has voice-acting for very big events and some voice-clips for battle but that's it. It's not like Zero Evo where almost of all events were voiced (as I recall).

Feels wierd being in a community thread I've only played one game in.

And oh these tempting tempting black bars.

Just a few more months...not too long...

Yes but the rough translation for Zero/Ao is Trails of Zero/Azure (Should have been Trails in the Void). Though honestly theyre not exactly the best named titles, haha.

"Trails in the Wild Blue Yonder", but I like a certain flair in my localization the best so ignore me.

I will personally eat the first person who decides to call Sen no Kiseki by Siliconera's awful translation.

FLASSSSSSSHHHHHH

"AH AHHHHHH, He'll eat every one of us!"

So far? Joshua. Poor guy.

Estelle is more a foil to other characters, everyone gets great reactions out of her.

ranmafan

Nice to see a community thread finally. I've been slowly working my way through the series, but other things in life have gotten in the way to play through everything so far. This thread could be a great way to get me to really play a lot more. Love the series series so much so far what I've played.

It's gotta be Estelle. Probably my favorite protagonist from any rpg I've played, actually. Just a fantastic and well-written lead who manages to be completely endearing without beating your head in with it or falling into your typical gaming female tropes.

Begaria

I played the very first Legend of Heroes game as well as Tears of Vermillion/Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch/Song of the Ocean specifically to get the feel of the series as a whole and get ready to delve into FC and SC when they hit steam. Hopefully TC gets translated.

Kamion

For me it's probably between Kevin and Olivier. Kevin because (3rd spoilers)
his back story made me cry like four times throughout the goddamn game
and Olivier because he's so goddamn funny. (Sen spoilers)
His banter with his younger sister is amazing. I thought they'd be at each other's throats, but they're totally in sync with one another.

This is very hard. Everyone who follows me on Twitter knows that I have a very soft spot for Jusis. He's like the perfect noble tsundere, except not really. He's just fabulous.

I think out of the playable characters I'll have to go with Olivier though.

Favourite NPC is very much Anton. Seriously. That guy. Wherever he goes...

Stuart444

Nice community thread, was wondering when we'd have one.

Having not played much beyond the start of several Kiseki titles, I don't have much to add. I'll sub and be back to this thread after I've at least finished the Steam release of FC. :)

kiriin

Cant have a community thread without fan art (can't find much of unfortunately) and nendoroids :p.

tumblr_m75ht24lvD1r5frelo1_1280.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looking forward to playing FC again on PC soon. Then I might finally change my avatar heh.

Aeana

Does the PC version have voice acting to begin with?
The later PC re-release brought the PSP battle voices in. I don't know if that's the version that XSEED is using, but there was already talk of bringing in other enhancements in the last thread we had about it. Sadly, they've been really mum about it for quite a while now. I wonder what's up.

Shouta

Since it's mostly small voice clips, I don't really see an issue. The later games might be a way more work though.

Also

Favorite male character: Randy or Sergei
Favorite Female Character: Rixia or Noel

Might change with how Sen no Kiseki II turns out.

Aeana

fccards.png

Hopefully that means FC will be releasing on Steam sooner rather than later? I mean, we're running out of "winter 2013" (._. )

Eusis

fccards.png

Hopefully that means FC will be releasing on Steam sooner rather than later? I mean, we're running out of "winter 2013" (._. )
We're running out of winter period. Though I guess that's added incentive for a replay at least.

I was planning on playing the Kiseki series when my Japanese got better, but a friend of mine gave me the Xseed translation of FC as a christmas gift, so I figured that playing it in English first could give me some helpful background knowledge for the series (Which could really come in handy!)

So far, I'm at the beginning of Chapter 2, here are some thoughts:
-Estelle is a very good take on a female MC. A little naive, but not stupid. There was very nice scene early on where
Joshua & Scherazard assume she's in her room crying over the news of her Father's disappearance when in reality she was just packing her things to go out and find him.

-I'm not feeling Joshua that much so far, I'm assuming he'll get less bland once the game reveals more of his past before meeting Cassius

-Olivier is amazing, he's truly at the top of the "spoony bard" archetype

-Battle system is simple, but sweet. I love the wide variety of spell and the light strategy the party placement and Craft Usage has. And there seems to be a huge amount of side-bosses available to take advantage of that, which is great.

-The super obscure missables this game has is a bit ridiculous. There are sidequests that you won't even know about that can be completely glossed over if you aren't using a guide. Thankfully, I'm not a big completionist so it doesn't bother me too much.

fccards.png

The ONLY game I will ever willingly rebuy (not due to dumb behavior as a kid or that house party my brothers threw when I was in Europe making half my PSX/PS2 collection disappear).

I was planning on playing the Kiseki series when my Japanese got better, but a friend of mine gave me the Xseed translation of FC as a christmas gift, so I figured that playing it in English first could give me some helpful background knowledge for the series (Which could really come in handy!)

So far, I'm at the beginning of Chapter 2, here are some thoughts:
-Estelle is a very good take on a female MC. A little naive, but not stupid. There was very nice scene early on where
Joshua & Scherazard assume she's in her room crying over the news of her Father's disappearance when in reality she was just packing her things to go out and find him.

-I'm not feeling Joshua that much so far, I'm assuming he'll get less bland once the game reveals more of his past before meeting Cassius

-Olivier is amazing, he's truly at the top of the "spoony bard" archetype

-Battle system is simple, but sweet. I love the wide variety of spell and the light strategy the party placement and Craft Usage has. And there seems to be a huge amount of side-bosses available to take advantage of that, which is great.

-The super obscure missables this game has is a bit ridiculous. There are sidequests that you won't even know about that can be completely glossed over if you aren't using a guide. Thankfully, I'm not a big completionist so it doesn't bother me too much.

There are many reasons he's my favorite character so far.

Eusis

The ONLY game I will ever willingly rebuy (not due to dumb behavior as a kid or that house party my brothers threw when I was in Europe making half my PSX/PS2 collection disappear).
Eh, I'm perfectly willing to rebuy games that either got crazy cheap or just aren't an expensive re-release, like many VC/PSN titles and double dipping on multiplats via Steam sales (though at this point I simply don't bother with most console versions unless it's free or rented.)

Though yeah this is one of those games I'm willing to rebuy at full price if need be.

kiriin

I don't mind re-buying at full price to support them (and third play through as well). Hope it does well in steam.

Vamphuntr

Really excited to play the second game. I've replayed FC on Vita last month to have a save with all the Bracers Point to import in SC. It's too bad I will probably never get to play the 3rd on Vita T.T

It's also disappointing we will probably never get Zero and Ao no Kiseki in English. On the Xseed forums they are always talking about how they could skip them and get to Sen no Kiseki already It's too bad because the Crossbell kiseki games seems to have the most interesting settings to me.

I don't think I'll get FC on Steam unless it has all the improvements the PSP version got. If it doesn't I'll get it in a steam sale only to support.

creid

This morning I read a post of the translated Kiseki artbooks on Endless History (I also saw some tweets yesterday about the artbooks) and I'm glad that I didn't preordered the artbooks. The translation is really, really bad.
I saw this earlier, it's sad that Udon couldn't muster a single expert to take a look through the translation. Hell, even just a proofreader to notice the inconsistencies. Probably won't buy Characters now unless it's fixed in a reprint.

Aeana

Well it is pretty off-topic for this thread, but I like both of the games, although the side-scrolling bits are a little clunky, especially in the first one.

jdkluv

Well it is pretty off-topic for this thread, but I like both of the games, although the side-scrolling bits are a little clunky, especially in the first one.

I would totally create a dedicated thread for it if I weren't still a Junior Member, and this is the "closest" Falcom-related thread, so... :(

I missed the side-scrolling levels a lot in LoX 2. It would be the perfect sequel if it weren't for that, and that LoX 1 has (IMO) better soundtrack.

Aeana

I would totally create a dedicated thread for it if I weren't still a Junior Member, and this is the "closest" Falcom-related thread, so... :(

I missed the side-scrolling levels a lot in LoX 2. It would be the perfect sequel if it weren't for that, and that LoX 1 has (IMO) better soundtrack.
Not sure what you mean here. The second game has side-scrolling parts too. Well, I guess just boss battles.

jdkluv

Not sure what you mean here. The second game has side-scrolling parts too. Well, I guess just boss battles.

That's exactly what I mean. I found disappointing the omission of these totally killer Castlevania-style side-scrolling stages!

kiriin

Even though it is a spinoff note mentioning that Nayuta no Kiseki PSP the Best version is on sale today. I didn't play Nayuta and I have no idea why this version is named that way but the March calendar looks nice!

Top Bottom