• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I really like these two

dolphin2012-11-2201-1zwqde.png

dolphin2012-11-2201-251qib.png

Lime

I'm certainly not complaining about the visuals of the PC port of AC3 - it looks quite stunning, although the lighting could use some more "artistic" work.

Loginius

ib1VNLL0VOT71K.png

ib275sEPz2cS9c.png

Lord this game has bugs everywhere, I had to edit two inis just to get to the start screen...
And I dont think I found a aa option in the ingame settings or ini (and textures are set to 1 in the ini while I have them at high ingame. Does anybody know if this is how it should be?).

Looks very nice nonetheless.

MrBig

planetside2-2012-11-25mera.jpg

planetside2-2012-11-2hpch6.jpg

Lord this game has bugs everywhere, I had to edit two inis just to get to the start screen...
And I dont think I found a aa option in the ingame settings or ini (and textures are set to 1 in the ini while I have them at high ingame. Does anybody know if this is how it should be?).

Looks very nice nonetheless.

FXAA and downsampling (using renderquality values above 1 in useroptions.ini) are your only options. tuxturequality=0 is the highest option.

Blizzard

Banned
Scribblenauts Unlimited, the fanciest of graphics!

*edit* Removing these screenshots since I finally figured out what was making things blurry and jagged...my CCC was set to highest performance for mipmap detail level instead of highest quality for some reason. :(

you said it, gaf

dude if you take time to take a screenshot, upload, and link it in a post correctly but don't spend a fraction of a moment to type the name of the game/mod ... it seems to reek lazyness and arrogance and rebellion and douchebaggery and makes me have a big fat sad in my brain

Please, sads dont belong in my brain bro.

Sethos

Banned
Hey Sethos, what AA are you using? I see quite a bit of aliasing in your pics.

In those screenshot, supposedly it should be FXAA but I have my doubts. I just don't want to have MSAA running in a deferred rendering game, big performance hit and my GPUs go into vacuum mode ever so slowly. Why can't everyone just add SMAA natively, means we get a better AA solution and more than 1x that the injector offers.

But still, it's the best looking game out-of-the-box this generation, hands down.

xJavonta

Banned
*sigh* I'm going to have to get Hitman aren't I, despite RPS telling me it's terrible :<
Reviews are just some dude's opinion, you really should try it yourself and develop your own opinion on the game. RPS is cool and all, but you never know.

dude if you take time to take a screenshot, upload, and link it in a post correctly but don't spend a fraction of a moment to type the name of the game/mod ... it seems to reek lazyness and arrogance and rebellion and douchebaggery and makes me have a big fat sad in my brain

Please, sads dont belong in my brain bro.
Yeah, Cuban is right. If you're running mods you really should post them. One, it'll save you the trouble of people asking what they are, and two, you won't get bitched at. Just do it.

Blizzard

Banned
Now that I figured out the CCC mipmap quality was messed up before, my screenshots should look less horribly ugly. Scribblenauts Unlimited, featuring a KITTY LAUNCHER from the workshop.

scribble2012-11-2202-w7unb.jpg

scribble2012-11-2203-jqu5d.jpg

Loginius

FXAA and downsampling (using renderquality values above 1 in useroptions.ini) are your only options. tuxturequality=0 is the highest option.[/QUOTE]
I knew about the downsampling but cant go much further without loosing 60fps.
Where do you enable FXAA (looking at the game I guess its enabled by default)?
texturequality=0 is the highest setting?
Are you sure?
If so than thats some counterintuitive way to do things.

[IMG]http://i1.minus.com/ibfDPGcuyQjABU.png

ibpnvQMPBC3Sr8.png

In those screenshot, supposedly it should be FXAA but I have my doubts. I just don't want to have MSAA running in a deferred rendering game, big performance hit and my GPUs go into vacuum mode ever so slowly. Why can't everyone just add SMAA natively, means we get a better AA solution and more than 1x that the injector offers.

But still, it's the best looking game out-of-the-box this generation, hands down.

Totally agree mate, performance wise this game is no joke. Imagine this game with sgssaa, or the like...would not only destroy performance but it would look even more outstanding than it already does.

You're also very right, this game is a graphical marvel. :)

Top Bottom