• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus - Vote to Play

GeoramA

Neat idea. Grow Home is coming next month? :O

Zombie Vikings looks cool as well, made by the Stick it to the Man! team.

jiggles

Banned
The screenshot that's been added to the OP is almost frighteningly accurate on two points

- A game everyone is excited about is losing out to a game with "Zombie" in the title
- "Your" vote is on the least popular game

Grow Home is one of the more interesting games I've played all year. The character and climbing mechanic has a little jank to it. But it's still neat.

eFKac

Grow Home is not even announced for the PS4 yet lol :p but it's nice to have confirmation finally.

I have mixed feelings for this idea. I think I trust Sony more than gamers with the choice of what I'm gonna get on Plus :-/

Drencrom

Great idea, I guess it will be implemented next month if they have a video explaining it out already (probably by mistake tho, Grow Home haven't even been announced for PS4 lol).

let's just vote knack so every one gets dissapointed by its shittyness and shut the fuck up once and for all.

That didn't work when it was first released :|

This is an awful idea, but really if a game "could" be up for ps+, you know it'll be there sooner or later.

So it probably doesn't change much.

GeeTeeCee

I can't decide whether it would be funnier for Knack to win the first month by a huge margin (just to get it out of the way), or for it to get within touching distance of the winning vote, but not win, each and every month from now until time immemorial.

Grow Home would be nice, I wasn't aware it was coming to PS4.

Mind you, if the voting on the Xbox One BC is any indication people will vote for the most obvious AAA bilge each and every time.

Tailer

They should just let you choose one title each month and rest random like usual, don't want to vote for something that you paid since everyone has different tastes.

derExperte

I really hope that The Last of Us shows up.

Sadly, I agree. This will not end well.

Though since I already own Grow Home and will buy Armello on PC eventually anyway I'm more like....

ken-watanabe.gif%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D124

Zombie Vikings will win if that are the actual choices.

I hope Knack becomes a future Plus title, so people can ACTUALLY play it and realize that it's a GREAT game on hard mode. Also, it's arguably better than the Crash games!

cyba89

Out of those I would want Armello because I already own Grow Home on PC an the Zombie game does not look too hot.
But I guess my choice has like no chance to actually win this vote. Just like it's been in most of the Steam sale votings.

Though since I already own Grow Home and will buy Armello on PC eventually anyway I'm more like....

ken-watanabe.gif%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D124

Zombie Vikings will win if that are the actual choices.

I wouldn't mind checking out Grow Home on PS4 but I'll definitely be grabbing Armello on PC. I'm happy to watch the chaos and grab Grow Home on PC if I have to. Pass the popcorn.

The screenshot that's been added to the OP is almost frighteningly accurate on two points

- A game everyone is excited about is losing out to a game with "Zombie" in the title
- "Your" vote is on the least popular game

Go do some research on Zombie Vikings. Never mind PS+, Your post is actually what's wrong with gaming in general. Judging a fucking book by its cover like some hipster.

MUnited83

For you.
That's cool provided people don't go for the shitty choice.(thankfully this time, there is no shitty choice)

Still, VOTE FOR GROW HOME NOW

People seriously dont get the Knack jokes?

at Knack's launch everyone on GAF said 'will wait for the free PS+ version in 6 month lol'

It never came out on PS+ apart from Japan..

Luq

It may seem like a good idea at first, but boy... It would turn out terrible. Most of the PS Plus users are treating gaming like a from time-to-time hobby - all they know about it is what they see in the commercials etc. Winning titles would be probably only the AAA games that most of the Gafers already own for years...

But how about individual voting for every single users? Yeah, I know it's impossible but still - the man can dream, right?

Heh, one of the few times I'll say democracy will fail us.

Better to have a competent team at Sony push interesting titles for us.

We'd never have had Rocket League if it had to be voted in last month.

Kalor

This is a cool idea and hopefully they continue to do it in the following months. I can't find anything about a announcement for Grow Home for PS4 but it means I'm finally able to play it.

Kiko

Can be cool or shit. Totally depending on what 3 games there are. Usually (Steam) my game(or pack) never wins..:(

jwk94

"An exciting way to have your say on what you'd like to play next through Playstation Plus. While voting is open you will be able to check which tiles are receiving the most votes or change your own vote at any time. Then the votes will be counted and the chosen game will be availabel as part of the PS+ monthly games the following month.

If your favourite game wasn't chosen it will be available to be purchased with a PS+ discount"

Transcript of video

So everybody wins! Nice. Wonder if this will lead to more retail games coming to PS Plus...probably not.

Top Bottom