• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode (HD remaster, PS4 and PC) coming out

RPGam3r

Because I like having physical copies of games? Digital is only fine when its an indie type title. At least for me. Maybe I'll try and import it, but last time I did that was for Xenoblade for the Wii and that was a nightmare. Took like a month to get to me, and it was in bad shape.

But when I bought Last Guardian from Amazon not long ago, it was the EU version, or at least the cover art makes it seem like it was from there.

I do too, but that wouldn't stop me from getting a game if it came digitally. In the end I care more about playing the game.

BaconHat

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/

Okay they are actually Canada but they ship from New York. They don't have a listing yet but they carried other import English games in the past. Also use paypal to check out.

Important info for this, if you are thinking about buying stuff from them :

Pay with Paypal, DON'T use their credit card payment method.
While they ship rapidly and the items arrive 100% of the time, some people on the canadian thread have reported their credit card stolen after buying from them without using Paypal. Personally, i've once bought from them directly with no issues, so it is possible the thread was wrong, but better safe than sorry.

Mett

Looks like I'm going to be importing as well. It's weird they are doing digital only when they haven't really before it feels.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
What does it say about a game if the only criteria between you wanting it or not is whether or not you can own a disc or not?

I feel silly even replying to this odd mentality.
Personally I own the PS2 originals an have played 'em at least 5 times. I'd wanna buy a physical copy of this purely to add yet another item to my .hack collection. Actually playing it is almost secondary!

Looks like I'm going to be importing as well. It's weird they are doing digital only when they haven't really before it feels.
Yeah, phone games aside no other .hack got a digital release until now. Heck, they didn't even put Links demo on PSN, they just had a download link to it on the official site back in the day x.x;

Perineum

I'm interested in this since I only played the original 4 and watched the first anime. Loved .hack and was sad we never got the online version that Japan got back on PS2 back in the day.

I'll give this a go depending on release date in US.

Important info for this, if you are thinking about buying stuff from them :

Pay with Paypal, DON'T use their credit card payment method.
While they ship rapidly and the items arrive 100% of the time, some people on the canadian thread have reported their credit card stolen after buying from them without using Paypal. Personally, i've once bought from them directly with no issues, so it is possible the thread was wrong, but better safe than sorry.

My credit card was stolen after purchasing something from there. It's possible it was a coincidence though.

I'd recommend paypal.

RPGCrazied

I wonder if Limited Run Games had any luck yet. I saw on twitter they were going to look into bringing the physical copy to NA.

I wonder if Limited Run Games had any luck yet. I saw on twitter they were going to look into bringing the physical copy to NA.

It's weird how they aren't even doing physical for NA, but the will for the EU. It's' especially weird because I thought the EU didn't even get all the games the first time around. Unless I'm thinking some other game.

RPGCrazied

It's weird how they aren't even doing physical for NA, but the will for the EU. It's' especially weird because I thought the EU didn't even get all the games the first time around. Unless I'm thinking some other game.

Yeah, I'm going to import it if not. I got a place from someone in this thread told me about. They are based here in the states too, just don't use a credit card only paypal which I have.

BaconHat

Yeah, I'm going to import it if not. I got a place from someone in this thread told me about. They are based here in the states too, just don't use a credit card only paypal which I have.

Honestly, i'm not bringing my hope up that Limited run will be able to make a deal with namco for this on time. Importing it will probably be the safer bet.

Boxart (didn't see it posted)

91ZyFIQylrL._SL1500_.jpg

BaconHat

Now, the only question remain is whether to double-dip in order to get both physical with a box and digital steam release with better resolutions options. (Really hope for 21:9 support).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Thank you based Namco! You do listen!
Unlike stupid Capcom...
Placing order.

This is a great surprise after accepting that NA would be stuck with digital only. As others have said, I would love to see a collector's edition but I won't be too picky. Hopefully we will get some more news soon showing more of the teased new features!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This is a great surprise after accepting that NA would be stuck with digital only. As others have said, I would love to see a collector's edition but I won't be too picky. Hopefully we will get some more news soon showing more of the teased new features!

An LE would be nice... I do still have my Haseo figure, which was pretty nice! Still, so glad this is physical since Namco has decided to go more digital in NA for some reason (One Piece... Accel World x SAO)

An LE would be nice... I do still have my Haseo figure, which was pretty nice! Still, so glad this is physical since Namco has decided to go more digital in NA for some reason (One Piece... Accel World x SAO)

A new figure could be really cool. Maybe they could use the new Haseo design they have been teasing for it. I would love to get my hands on the soundtrack and a steelbook or art book would be nice as well.

RPGCrazied

Amazon added the box art and screenshots.

Is this going to get a stealth release or something? Seems like it could come out sooner then we thought.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Very cool. I was just talking to a coworker about this today, but I was unsure if it was coming to the west. Pre-ordered my copy on PS4. I have only ever played a demo of the first .hack// way back in the day on PS2. It was on an OPM demo disc. I loved those things. I was too broke to afford .hack (and a ton of other PS2 games, actually), so I never got around to playing the final games, but I really enjoyed what I played. Excited for this remaster.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Hold on, the last two major console games got retail releases (Pirate Warriors 3 and Burning Blood)
Treasure Cruise is a mobile game and Great Pirate Colosseum is Japan only (which is a shame since it can crossover with DBZ: Extreme Butoden which we did get)

I imagine the PSVR game will be digital everywhere (I could be wrong)
No idea about Dawn since we don't even know what it is outside of "Oda has a hand in it"

Top Bottom