• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treasury Sec’s wife boasts of travel on Govt plane and fashion, then insults people

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Nothing like being surrounded by fake people.

LOL

Pence and his wife are probably the most normal out of that bunch.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The irony is that she's the trophy wife straight from Hollywood casting.

I had actually pegged Mnuchin as uninterested in ladies but the fact that he suddenly married an atrocious social climbing bimbo seconds after taking a role in a deeply homophobic institution does little to assuage that sideye.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That she's probably with him for the money based on the disparity in their appearances given how self absorbed she is.

SOmeone who hashtags fashion name brands is only in it for the money.

Look, I also found her behavior to be deplorable and she is a deplorable person from the looks of it, it's just that that sort of comment that clearly meant to make a "pretty lady vs. ugly guy" implication that insinuate a pretty lady wouldn't want to be paired up with an ugly dude unless it's for money really felt like it's based on pure sexism so I just had to comment on that, it's just bugging me.

The same with all the comments saying plastic surgery or whatever... criticize her behavior and lack of respect for fellow human being, sure, but once we get to the territory of "look at that plastic surgery bitch lololol" I just, I don't know, feel uncomfortable about it--why must we comment on her physicality when we want to deride her behavior?

Well, that's just me.

Stinkles

Look, I also found her behavior to be deplorable and she is a deplorable person from the looks of it, it's just that that sort of comment that insinuate pretty lady wouldn't want to be paired up with an ugly dude really felt like it's based on pure sexism so I just had to comment on that, it's just bugging me.

The same with all the comments saying plastic surgery or whatever... criticize her behavior and lack of respect for fellow human being, sure, but once we get to the territory of "look at that plastic surgery bitch lololol" I just, I don't know, feel uncomfortable, because such comment really feel like unbecoming.

Well, that's just me.

Look I know what you're saying and it's a slippery slope but her own disgraceful obsession with appearance makes it fair game.

Unless you think her callout about "cute" little family and life was not dripping sarcasm and condescension.

Ishan

she and her husband have paid the taxes means she has. frankly you have an issue with it change the rules.

she and her husband have paid the taxes means she has. frankly you have an issue with it change the rules.
Let's see

The Republican party is in power so we can't even if it was a direct democracy

That doesn't give anyone the right to talk down to someone as if they're lesser because they aren't as privileged as you are

Paying more taxes means jack shit if you walk away with millions more than the average American and abuse your taxpayer funds for petty shit

A spouse of a public official should learn how to take criticism, or at least ignore it

There really is a defense force for everything

danm999

Look, I also found her behavior to be deplorable and she is a deplorable person from the looks of it, it's just that that sort of comment that clearly meant to make a "pretty lady vs. ugly guy" implication that insinuate a pretty lady wouldn't want to be paired up with an ugly dude unless it's for money really felt like it's based on pure sexism so I just had to comment on that, it's just bugging me.

The same with all the comments saying plastic surgery or whatever... criticize her behavior and lack of respect for fellow human being, sure, but once we get to the territory of "look at that plastic surgery bitch lololol" I just, I don't know, feel uncomfortable, because such comment really feel like unbecoming.

Well, that's just me.

I'm not calling her a bitch or saying conventionally unattractive men can't find happiness with conventionally attractive women.

I think this vapid, nasty person is marrying for money though.

Stinkles

Means nothing. It's sometimes a term of endearment because you've used that word around your kids a long time.

Normally it means nothing. Hell, I sometimes call my wife "mom" when talking to my daughter, for obvious reasons.

But again, Pence describes being alone in a room with an adult female colleague as some kind of godsent rape challenge test. So everything he says gets a shady umbrella.

cameron

I laughed.

When someone posted a comment on Linton's Instagram picture that criticized the way Linton touted the trip, the treasury secretary's wife swung back hard, mentioning the extreme wealth she and her husband control.
She's a social parasite and a complete waste of space. If she wasn't super insecure about her self-worth, she would be unbothered by that generic Instagram comment.

I'm enjoying be Marie Antoinette jokes but calling for a guillotine seems like something that would get you a visit from the secret Service, dudes.
The United States becoming just another run of the mill kleptocracy is a major political event I thought I would never see free how much exceptionalism was rammed down my throat. Y aquí es donde estamos.

Nah secret service is way over budget for the year they don't have the manpower to look at every internet comment for the treasury secretary's wife when just the trump threats are years worth of work

CSJ

I'm enjoying be Marie Antoinette jokes but calling for a guillotine seems like something that would get you a visit from the secret Service, dudes..

If anything this idiot needs to be humbled permanently.
Like a serious life changing experience because nothing else will.

Apathy

What does she actually do for a living? Anyone know? Cause if she's boasting that her and her husband do more for the economy she better be actually doing something

gdt

well if her husband cuts taxes then she won't contribute enough to ride the govt plane

......checkmate poors?

Drazgul

What does she actually do for a living? Anyone know? Cause if she's boasting that her and her husband do more for the economy she better be actually doing something

Being a socialite is a full-time job, don't you know. And the added pressure of having to be a shining exemplar of all things good and virtuous in life for all the common plebs is immense.

Apparently she has a movie production company. Made 3 or 4 small films according to IMBD, 2 starring herself.

mclem

OY84YrQ.jpg

"My wife and I appear to be considerably richer than you"

ShyMel

Lololol, considering that we've learn that secret services are paying lots of money to use golf carts while around the president, people have reason to critizise and question other members and their family when they post things like this. She's clearly insecure and is going to have a hard time in the role she is in now if she does this again. Also ew at white savior books.

YourMaster

This is the kind of boastful, petty bullshit you'd expect from the elite of some less than democratic country, down to the little people attitude.

Amazing.

Are you trying to imply that she's not really American, or that the US is not a less than democratic country?

LaneDS

Pretty amazing that she pointed to how much they pay in taxes as they fly around trying to push Trump's tax agenda.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Are you trying to imply that she's not really American, or that the US is not a less than democratic country?

I'm not implying anything. I'm saying precisely what I mean to say. Some Mexican gaffers have already chimmed in echoing my feelings.

She's a toff implant behaving in the toff's abhorrent ways. There's not much to say.

Wow this is disgusting.
And what's up with mnuchins suit in that wedding picture. Looks like he put on a little kid jacket
He's wearing tuxedo tails.

On topic: when people complain about government waste, they tend not to think about bullshit like this. It boils my damn blood.

Stinkles

I am not saying she is a golddigger.

She's vile but she comes from a wealthy, landed (but not titled) family. This is more of a kind of gross lateral social climbing. I can tell you that other posh Scots are mortified by how gauche she is.

She was very insulted by the perceived accusation that she needed to take the government plane. She really wanted to be sure they knew how extremely wealthy they are.

In 2016, Linton self-published a book about her experience, titled In Congo's Shadow, co-authored by Wendy Holden.[7] Linton withdrew In Congo's Shadow from sale after many readers took offence over her portrayal of Zambia. The book has been criticised for its inaccuracies and promotion of the false narrative of "the white saviour".[10][11][12][13][14][15] She later apologised for causing offense and promised to donate all profits from the book to an appropriate charity.[16] The Zambian High Commission in London condemned her for falsely presenting Zambia and for violating the confidentiality of children with HIV by publishing their pictures.[17]

welp

Top Bottom