• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey V demo version available now

As was announced in today's direct, you can now download the demo of Etrian Odyssey V from the 3DS eshop. From the press release
The demo lets prospective explorers create whatever party their heart desires (every character and class is available) in order to get a head start on all the map-making and FOE-escaping Etrian action. Although the level caps at 10 and the tree can only be explored up until the third floor, parties and progress transfer to the main game when it comes out. There's no reason to dillydally! Download the demo at the Nintendo eShop today and get a head start on discovering some glorious treasure.

EO games are great Dungeon Crawling RPGs so I encourage people to check it out

Extra note: It seems like Nintendo didn't make it easy to find on the eshop, you'll have to search Etrian Odyssey V yourself to find the game's eshop page then download the demo from there. Hope they fix this

KarmaCow

Extra note: It seems like Nintendo didn't make it easy to find on the eshop, you'll have to search Etrian Odyssey V yourself to find the game's eshop page then download the demo from there. Hope they fix this

Thanks, searching for etrian by itself didn't bring it up. Hopefully this is the last time I ever need to touch the 3DS eshop, what a dumpster fire.

Opa-Pa

Thanks for this, I tried searching Etrian alone and there was nothing new lol.

Rutger

Banned
I'm gonna be stuck in character customization for a long time, haha.
I'm really happy this was finally added.

KarmaCow

I'm gonna be stuck in character customization for a long time, haha.
I'm really happy this was finally added.

Yea this really put the brakes on my Metroid II and AM2R playthroughs before Metroid 2: Samus Returns comes out. I'm going to spend way too much time theorycrafting a party.

Only gonna play for a little bit since I'm fresh off EO Untold and need to get IV when it's on sale again, but I'm excited to try the new UI and character creation. I wish you could listen to FM-synth tracks too even though it's regular DLC.

Rutger

Banned
Yea this really put the brakes on my Metroid II and AM2R playthroughs before Metroid 2: Samus Returns comes out. I'm going to spend way too much time theorycrafting a party.

After EOIV went for a bit more basic classes, it's nice to have some more creative classes like in EOIII. I'm just looking through the skill lists right now and not sure where I'll go yet.

Being able to change the looks of the characters is just going to make me take more time, haha.

Is the demo hanging for anyone while creating new system data or is it just me? I restarted a minute ago, down to 29 uses, and now it's still either hanging or taking who knows how long.

Wait...never mind, Atlus decided the continue prompt in text boxes has to be this animated flower, petals fading in and out, which looks more like a loading indicator. I hope (and can assume) the text localization's far better than this.

zashga

I would totally download this if my 3DS SD card wasn't totally full. The wait for the full game continues for just a little bit longer...

Really excited for this game! Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl was my very first entry into the series/dungeon crawlers (adore making the maps, it's so fun and unique experience for me) in general and I've been hocked since getting ever single EO released since then. Will download this demo a bit later and it shall be my birthday gift to myself!

Sophia

Is it just me, or is this game insanely hard even by Etrian Odyssey standards? I don't recall the previous games having enemies do half my HP or more in a single attack off the first battle on the game's easiest difficult. >_<;

I don't suppose we've heard whether demo data transfers to the full game, have we?

It transfers.

Althane

I saw this topic and immediately dug my 3DS out of whatever damned moving box it was in, plugged it in, and connected it to my network.

So. Pumped!

Downloaded.

Didn't spend a lot of time in character creator because I know I'll just restart anyway but that looks cool.

I did idle for 20 minutes in town though for that music.

Jhoan

Never played an EO game before so I downloaded the demos for V and the older games. The CRPG/make your own map ala DnD always scared me away so I'm curious to see what it's like.

jonjonaug

Is it just me, or is this game insanely hard even by Etrian Odyssey standards? I don't recall the previous games having enemies do half my HP or more in a single attack off the first battle on the game's easiest difficult. >_<;

It transfers.

First couple floors are always murdertown, it'll probably get easier as it goes along a little.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
EO IV is one of the best demos ever made, even though I'm not the world's biggest fan of the complete game.

Sophia

First couple floors are always murdertown, it'll probably get easier as it goes along a little.

Eh, I don't remember previous EO games being this brutal off the bat. Either way, it's getting easier so I kind of regret lowering the difficulty now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eh, I don't remember previous EO games being this brutal off the bat. Either way, it's getting easier so I kind of regret lowering the difficulty now.

The first floor of EO is a death trap. Any back encounter is likely to kill most of your party before you can run.

The first floor in EO2? MIGHT BE EVEN HARDER THAN THAT.

Hyoukokun

My 3DS is at home and I am not. Grrr.

(I was hoping for a Stardew Valley release date from the Direct tonight, but I'll take this too.)

Nachos

so they did reuse actors? nearly every female voice is exactly the same
They did, but it doesn't seem like any actor voiced more than two options. Honestly, the female voices feel pretty distinct to me, even if the reads are a bit off at times. The male voices sound way more samey – or, at least, it's easier to tell which options come from the same actor.

Top Bottom