• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

GazzaGSi

SOTG highlights.

-PTS 3 tomorrow
-All HE, Exotic and Gear set backpacks will now hold 120 items, no RNG on capacity.
Change mainly due to having Loadouts pretty much fills your backpack if you usitlise all Loadouts.
-Ninja bike backpack removed from exotic cache loot pool, will be reworked for 1.7
-ETF applications are closed
-PTS3 is the last PTS for 1.6.1 if no breaking bugs are found and 1.6.1 is still on course for May release
-Free weekend starts with progress carrying over from free trial if you used that and progress will also transfer over if you buy the game
-LMB grenade launcher guys are bugged where they remove you from cover and cause stagger before detonation, this should now be fixed.

Free weeknd for The Division started: http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/05/04/play-tom-clancys-division-free-weekend/

But I didn't understand how to download this instead of the timed demo limited by time.
When you go to the store there is only download demo from the store page like the timed Watch Dogs 2.

So if someone downloads that version it will consume the time allowed time of the demo right?
Or is it the same demo link which lets you play the whole weekend then when it is over it adds back the the limited 3 hour play?

Free weeknd for The Division started: http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/05/04/play-tom-clancys-division-free-weekend/

But I didn't understand how to download this instead of the timed demo limited by time.
When you go to the store there is only download demo from the store page like the timed Watch Dogs 2.

So if someone downloads that version it will consume the time allowed time of the demo right?
Or is it the same demo link which lets you play the whole weekend then when it is over it adds back the the limited 3 hour play?

From what I saw, the free demo weekend allows people who have already played their limited demo to continue playing. So I would guess that it will use your limited demo up as well.

Though I thought the demo was limited by a level cap, not an amount of time.

From what I saw, the free demo weekend allows people who have already played their limited demo to continue playing. So I would guess that it will use your limited demo up as well.

Though I thought the demo was limited by a level cap, not an amount of time.

It is limited by play time like Watch Dogs 2 (around 2-3 hours I think). I wonder if we use the same download button to play this week-end for those who never played timed trial, will the allowed 2-3 hours be allowed to be played after free week-end is over? I know those few hours are nothing big compared to the whole week-end but I just want to know.

It is limited by play time like Watch Dogs 2 (around 2-3 hours I think). I wonder if we use the same download button to play this week-end for those who never played timed trial, will the allowed 2-3 hours be allowed to be played after free week-end is over? I know those few hours are nothing big compared to the whole week-end but I just want to know.

It's not completely clear but here's the official info: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/free-weekend/index.aspx

I ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE FREE TRIAL FOR THE DIVISION. CAN I STILL PARTICIPATE IN THE FREE WEEKEND?

Absolutely. The current free trial offer, which gives players full access to the main game until they reach level 8 or complete six hours of playtime, will be on hiatus during the free weekend but reinstated once the free weekend promotion ends. Players who have downloaded the free trial before May 4 will see trial restrictions lifted until the end of the free weekend.

So my guess is it's unlimited for the Weekend but if you pass the Level 8 cap, when it ends, you won't be able to continue playing on the normal version of the free trail.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Played the game for the first time this weekend during the free trial.
I thought the game looks amazing, but the gunplay lacks impact and feels uninspiring.
I also didn't liked the hud, there's too much stuff onscreen.

Alastor3

Is the game worth it for 25$? Im not a bit fan of open world mutiplayer games but I remember the E3 video and it looked very cool, tho I doubt its the same with Ubisoft

Wolfe

Started playing this again recently now that all the DLC is out (and I've grown a bit bored of GTAO), happy to see that the end game is much more solo friendly now. Actually stuff to do outside of DZ (I do matchmake off and on but at times my wireless signal gets bad and I get dropped from groups a lot).

Was opening a basic cache (after looking it up it must have been a field proficiency one actually) and got some exotic gloves as a bonus item so I started reading around and saw that the exotic chest from Barrett is somewhat sought after. Managed to score one on my second Lexington run since I started playing again which was fun :p

All in all I'm having fun again with the game which is nice, still a lot of stuff I haven't touched yet either.

jbortz78

Started playing this again recently now that all the DLC is out (and I've grown a bit bored of GTAO), happy to see that the end game is much more solo friendly now. Actually stuff to do outside of DZ (I do matchmake off and on but at times my wireless signal gets bad and I get dropped from groups a lot).

Was opening a basic cache and got some exotic gloves as a bonus item so I started reading around and saw that the exotic chest from Barrett is somewhat sought after. Managed to score one on my second Lexington run since I started playing again which was fun :p

All in all I'm having fun again with the game which is nice, still a lot of stuff I haven't touched yet either.

Grats on Barrets chest, so many people running Lexington 100+ times trying to get one👍.

Next patch is finally giving us loadouts which will make it easier playing with multiple builds.

Wolfe

Grats on Barrets chest, so many people running Lexington 100+ times trying to get one👍.

It was one of those instances too, where after the first run ended I went "well that was fun, maybe I'll get it next time" and was attempting to leaving the party when the dude hella quickly restarted the mission. At that point I figured what the hell, it's super fast I'll do one more, and then when barrett died I saw that orange glow from the drops I was pleasantly surprised. From what I gather it's got shitty armor but I don't really care lol, looks cool.

If I can ever manage to score the striker gloves or holster I'll use it with my current setup.

Now if only the PUG Legendary Napalm mission I tried went as well lol, wanted to get that hat.

Next patch is finally giving us loadouts which will make it easier playing with multiple builds.

I was just thinking the other day how loadouts would be really nice with all these dang set pieces, good to hear.

Ashtar

Some of my old gang decided to pick this up so I started a new character, I was surprised to see a good bit of new characters in the starting area.
I got to play with my lil bro who just picked up the game, good times, but being low level sucks I'm level 11 and no blue weapons; they really should give you an exp boost and a buff when you're playing with a higher level player because I was 2 levels behind and it kind of sucked.
I'm hoping to get some friends together to run survival and hopefully massive announces a real deal battle royals mode

Desi

Just booted it back up for the first time since launch. Originally stopped at level 12 before Amherst Apartment mission. Hate cleaners.

Really love the atmosphere and mood. So good to roam the streets with headphones on.

Wolfe

Finally tried out Survival over the weekend, pretty fun mode, played enough to get my weekly cache from it but admittedly still have yet to actually extract. Granted I've only gotten into the DZ 3 or 4 times now (out of maybe a dozen games?) but on the last run I barely died to the hunter who got a nice jump on me (and clearly has a much lower grenade timer than I do lol.)

GazzaGSi

So afew points during my time with 1.6.1

Skill power or haste has taken a hit as all my cooldowns are higher than 1.6

The fix for Level 34 mags is retroactive as the majority of my 1.6 mags are now 120%+ when the notes say the lvl34 mags would not be retroactive

Ninja bike backpack must only be removed from caches that contain exotic items as I've had 2 drop DZ farming

Seekers still severely hurt but I don't find myself getting 1 shotted by them running a mediocre 300k toughness

Proficiency marks in Last Stand are pretty decent giving you something extra to aim for during the game

Having had a break for a while I'm quite enjoying going back through afew things and giving last stand a bit more of a play.

So, yeah, Loadouts and the increase in size for Inventory/Backpacks are some drastic QoL improvements.

It is so nice to be able to move from my Striker-to-Reclaimer-to-High-End/Exotic builds with a couple clicks. No more fumbling around with gear/performance mods and the alike.

Sec0nd

I bought The Division yesterday. Started playing it and everything just feels super laggy. Started shooting at a guy and nothing happened. Only for him to explode in a bunch of numbers and die all of the sudden. Thought it might be some server issue and stopped playing for the night. Now I'm currently trying again and it's the same laggy thing. Am I doing something wrong? Can I otherwise disconnect from any servers? I don't really care that much for any online connection.

It's absolutely unplayable at the moment. :(

I bought The Division yesterday. Started playing it and everything just feels super laggy. Started shooting at a guy and nothing happened. Only for him to explode in a bunch of numbers and die all of the sudden. Thought it might be some server issue and stopped playing for the night. Now I'm currently trying again and it's the same laggy thing. Am I doing something wrong? Can I otherwise disconnect from any servers? I don't really care that much for any online connection.

It's absolutely unplayable at the moment. :(

The Division is an always online game.

It sounds simple but are you or someone else downloading/streaming anything? The Division is super sensitive regarding connection and network performance.

Sec0nd

The Division is an always online game.

It sounds simple but are you or someone else downloading/streaming anything? The Division is super sensitive regarding connection and network performance.

No not at all. Tried it once again. It's incredibly laggy. It's like I'm playing the game at intervals of 4 seconds. Unplayable would be an understatement. Played an Overwatch game to see if my connection was the problem but that wasn't it. Deleted the game and redownloading all the updates and whatnot to see if that fixes the problem.

Sec0nd

Reinstalled the game and updates. Didn't work either. Found a thread on reddit where people were discussing the same insane lag I was discussion. Apparently only affecting the Brooklyn map server (?). What a fucking bummer man. Bought the game and I can't even fucking play it. Ages after the game got released. :/

So it's still glitched/laggy after all this time. What a shame.

I just returned to it today and played a handful of activities on PC and yes there are severe lag spikes/hitches here and there that weren't present the last time I played.

Yannick posted a message saying the team was going through a transition of sorts while also hosting an ETF during the same week they released a new patch but the issues (like the Brooklyn lagfest apparently) are being investigated.

Mubrik

Was opening a basic cache (after looking it up it must have been a field proficiency one actually) and got some exotic gloves as a bonus item so I started reading around and saw that the exotic chest from Barrett is somewhat sought after. Managed to score one on my second Lexington run since I started playing again which was fun :p

Lol. Wow

Got an email about new update.
Anything new? Content wise. Except loadout

Lol. Wow

Got an email about new update.
Anything new? Content wise. Except loadout

No new content in the latest update, however, some ETF members described new content coming in the next two updates as amazing but whether that is PvE, PvP, PvPvE or some combination of the three is for someone else to answer.

MikuAria

Neo Member
Hey everyone I'm pretty new to the division tried it out over a free weekend and got hooked. Now having recently reached lvl 30 with 128 gear rating what should I be doing? Also would anyone be interested in joining me sometime? :3

Hey everyone I'm pretty new to the division tried it out over a free weekend and got hooked. Now having recently reached lvl 30 with 128 gear rating what should I be doing? Also would anyone be interested in joining me sometime? :3

You should be doing any random activity to get loot that progresses (increasing gear score) you through the World Tiers until you reach World Tier 5 where you can then concentrate on acquiring long-term (until the next gear score increase that is) weapons/gear and creating builds for end-game content like Legendary Missions, Incursions, etc.

How is that even possible at this point... it's beyond comprehension. They screwed up big time with this game/engine.

Such a shame, the game had immense potential.

Apparently DX12 is the culprit here as it is back to running as smooth as silk when I went back to DX11 but it ran fine before the 1.6.1 Update on DX12.

Yep, still The Division, good, bad, and everything in-between as I was at the end of the Legendary Napalm Mission when after killing the first of four named bosses my Health Station wouldn't deploy anymore...add this to the graphic glitches in DX12 making it look like a strobe light of sun godrays constantly during that boss battle and it is a miracle I made through without getting murdered.

4 Exotic Caches (3 Legendary Missions and the Weekly Assignment) later and I got the Shortbow Kneepads, the Tenebrae, and 2 Tommy Guns.

This is coming from one of the ETF participants...

I think the community can be very assured year 2 is going to be full of some incredible content that won't only give you things to do but change the way you will play the game. It will drive you as a individual or as a group to try new things learn new game play mechanics. Test or challenge yourself in ways you may not have previously considered. The Division is a very complex looter and all the things being worked on, reinforce that beyond words.
I and the rest of ETF Charlie have had the privilege of playing some NEW content. Not re-used but NEW content. I'll say now it's a HOME RUN! Ubisoft have said Year 2 is free content and at the time of writing this that stance hasn't changed. I say this, the amount of content your getting for free is mind blowing.

...which has me pretty excited for what's to come this year from The Division. Of course, it's only one person's opinion and when all is said and done I or you might not feel the same way but at least there is some hope of new meaningful content and activities to do in-game.

rpcdrag0n

That sounds promising!

Had a nice long session on this today, love the 1.6.1 update with loadouts, a very welcomed addition. Putting together the sets and optimising them is now so much more manageable and any issues are easily identifiable too.

Only issue I had all day was the underground daily's didn't pop - did about 6 2 phase challenging ones and nothing. Not a biggie but a little niggle this far in as stuff like that shouldnt be happening still.

Wolfe

Just seen this for anyone wanting extra loot.

I dunno what they broke this time but this bonus is no longer in effect on my game, glad I at least took out the last two weekly HVTs while it still was, I guess. Was looking forward to all that extra PC :(

Edit: Actually now that I realize it I guess the time zones are to blame, didn't even look at that at first, just saw the dates. Oh well, my mistake.

I was thinking my Exotic/High-End build was my favorite again until I went back to Striker with a Lightweight M4 which is clearly my best DPS build (no matter what the numbers say) mainly due to the stability perks/bonuses (makes landing consistent shots a breeze and playing with the M4 a joy).

That said, I've switched to Seeker Mines for crowd control instead of the now incredibly awkward to use Sticky Bomb (the delayed timer on it is awful) which leads me to the piece of gear that continues to elude me and would essentially complete and make my Striker build (and others) extremely deadly and that is Ferro's Mask. I just want to be a firewalker and play in the fire instead of patting myself down for what seems like an eternity now for barely touching the stuff (seriously, did they drastically increase the time you remain on fire and out of the fight?).

300+ Napalm runs, tons of Legendary Mission completions, Weekly Assignment Caches, 100s of Field Proficiency Caches, and Dark Zone play (not sure it drops there, well, honestly, I'm not sure it drops anywhere) and still no Ferro's Mask...

Anyone know what the deal is with awards/reset day regarding Legendary Missions? When the 1.6 update first released you could get 3 Exotic Caches per week from the Legendary Missions (you could repeat a mission 3 times and get the Exotic Cache if you wanted). Last Thursday/Friday I did Napalm once and Times Square twice and got 3 Exotic Caches. I didn't bother with WarrenGate as I thought I had hit my limit for the week regarding Exotic Caches.

Well, I thought the weekly rewards for the Legendary Missions reset every Sunday or Monday but when I ran Times Square yesterday I didn't get an Exotic Cache and when I looked at Legendary Napalm Mission the Exotic Cache wasn't listed as a reward. Then I looked at WarrenGate and the Exotic Cache was listed as a reward which I just completed and got an Exotic Cache which gave me a total of 4 for for Legendary Missions since last Thursday so I'm completely confused on what's happening here.

GazzaGSi

No idea Mythic about the legendary caches as I don't do them that often to know when the reset is and how many you get etc.

Arekkz has a video up with 2 ETF C members Binary and Taylor and was an interesting insight to what went off and while under NDA, have been allowed to discuss certain aspects.

Seasons and commendations do sound pretty good for 1.7 but saying 1.8 is new not regurgitated content and the same size as UG, Survival & Last Stand if not more is huge.

https://youtu.be/vVlUSJ1h4Qw

At 25 minutes 10secs they begin to talk about 1.8 but only for acouple of minutes.

Finally, NEW content!

GazzaGSi

Actual new content is months away. Nothing before Aug-sept.

I'd say probably later than that but I'll take it and play something else in the mean time with afew sessions here and there on division.
My 'finally new content' comment was referring to 1.8 whether it's afew months or even next year away because 3 months ago everyone thought we were getting nothing.

I'd say probably later than that but I'll take it and play something else in the mean time with afew sessions here and there on division.
My 'finally new content' comment was referring to 1.8 whether it's afew months or even next year away because 3 months ago everyone thought we were getting nothing.

Yeah, I'd say September at the earliest (October seems like a safe bet) and that may be pushing it. At minimum two months after 1.7 drops.

Later is better than never in this case given what most were expecting.

GazzaGSi

Yeah, I'd say September at the earliest (October seems like a safe bet) and that may be pushing it. At minimum two months after 1.7 drops.

Later is better than never in this case given what most were expecting.

I'd be interested where it's come from. Did they (massive) know about what 1.8 could entail at the year 1 celebration stream but just kept it to themselves even with the backlash from that stream or is it something they've thrown together as they didn't realise how much negativity they'd get with saying there'd be no new content. I've no experience development wise on how long DLC takes to produce so unsure if it's something that can be created in a matter of months (since the Y1 stream) or of its something that's been in the works prior to it but they just didn't announce it.

Just read Hamish stated in a stream yesterday or the day before that there will be no 1.7 info in State of the Game this week, words fail me, shouldn't be surprised anymore with massive lol

Mubrik

I was thinking my Exotic/High-End build was my favorite again until I went back to Striker with a Lightweight M4 which is clearly my best DPS build (no matter what the numbers say) mainly due to the stability perks/bonuses (makes landing consistent shots a breeze and playing with the M4 a joy).

That said, I've switched to Seeker Mines for crowd control instead of the now incredibly awkward to use Sticky Bomb (the delayed timer on it is awful) which leads me to the piece of gear that continues to elude me and would essentially complete and make my Striker build (and others) extremely deadly and that is Ferro's Mask. I just want to be a firewalker and play in the fire instead of patting myself down for what seems like an eternity now for barely touching the stuff (seriously, did they drastically increase the time you remain on fire and out of the fight?).

300+ Napalm runs, tons of Legendary Mission completions, Weekly Assignment Caches, 100s of Field Proficiency Caches, and Dark Zone play (not sure it drops there, well, honestly, I'm not sure it drops anywhere) and still no Ferro's Mask...

hm. are you playing on PC?
pve build?

hm. are you playing on PC?
pve build?

Yeah, I play almost exclusively on PC and PvE only these days. I say that about my Striker build mostly due to general TTK and feel overall as my Exotic/High-End build rivals it rather closely but the Striker set just edges it in TTK.

I've been playing around with a couple skill-based builds of late, one with about 9K Electronics and 3K Firearms/Stamina and another with 300K DPS, 300K Health, and 300K Skill Power.

I generally just run the Daily Challenging Missions/Lexington Challenging to test builds while I spend the majority of my time doing Legendary Missions as even with their faults they are still the most fun for me in the game currently (I've completed them all with my Striker, Exotic/High-End, Reclaimer, and Skill-based builds thus far).

Top Bottom