• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Adam has been streaming GTA:SA for god knows how many hours now, maybe 12 or something. He has never played the game before by the sounds of it.

So it's just a lot of, fuck this game, when things go badly. He would have to be near the end by now.

http://www.twitch.tv/adam_ak

Revven

I'm not speedrunning anything yet but I am working on trying to speedrun a more recent game. It's mainly because I like the systems and the way the game feels more than the other stuff. Plus it's a game nobody else runs so I figured why not.

For the moment I'm routing stuff and planning to just go glitchless cuz 1) I don't want to delete my game data for the game to be unpatched (I still play multiplayer) and 2) there are so few glitches discovered so it's currently better to nail down sections that have zero glitches.

The game in question is Uncharted 3. I would run Uncharted 2 but again... same conundrum: I dun wanna play unpatched + it's a much longer game so there would be a lot more to practice that I don't have the time for.

Anyway here's my stream: www.twitch.tv/falco400

If you can let me know how I sound and the quality etc that'd be helpful. I've been trying to avoid mediocre quality but I don't have the best internet connection + I'm using a Hauppauge with Game Source in XSplit. I don't have a fantastic mic either (any words with 'p' sound so awkward lol) so I might down the road purchase a better one if I were to stream more often.

Anyyyywaaaayyy this was a lot longer of a post than I intended! So again for the moment I'm just exploring what I can do to make Chapters faster and stuff, figure out routes and etc.

Edit: Done streaming for now, here's the archive. Let me know how the quality is etc. Just wish I had more viewers, it'd make my time doing this a lot more rewarding.

LordAlu

I'm not speedrunning anything yet but I am working on trying to speedrun a more recent game. It's mainly because I like the systems and the way the game feels more than the other stuff. Plus it's a game nobody else runs so I figured why not.

For the moment I'm routing stuff and planning to just go glitchless cuz 1) I don't want to delete my game data for the game to be unpatched (I still play multiplayer) and 2) there are so few glitches discovered so it's currently better to nail down sections that have zero glitches.

The game in question is Uncharted 3. I would run Uncharted 2 but again... same conundrum: I dun wanna play unpatched + it's a much longer game so there would be a lot more to practice that I don't have the time for.

Anyway here's my stream: www.twitch.tv/falco400

If you can let me know how I sound and the quality etc that'd be helpful. I've been trying to avoid mediocre quality but I don't have the best internet connection + I'm using a Hauppauge with Game Source in XSplit. I don't have a fantastic mic either (any words with 'p' sound so awkward lol) so I might down the road purchase a better one if I were to stream more often.

Anyyyywaaaayyy this was a lot longer of a post than I intended! So again for the moment I'm just exploring what I can do to make Chapters faster and stuff, figure out routes and etc.

Edit: Done streaming for now, here's the archive. Let me know how the quality is etc. Just wish I had more viewers, it'd make my time doing this a lot more rewarding.
Looking at that archived video the stream looks great - good image quality, game sound is perfect and I can hear you over the game just fine :)

Revven

Annnnnd the archive for those who missed what I was doing.

It was nice seeing you there in my chat, Jokab. :)

There's some things I def. still need to work on before committing to a run but I'm pretty damn happy with some of the stuff I did today.

Controllerhead playin' some of that Super Mario Land 2. It and Kirby's Adventure are his main games but he's been playing Pilotwings 64 and Ballad of Gay Tony as well lately.

People should check his stream out some time if they haven't before. He talks with the chat a lot and the stream usually has a nice, laid-back atmosphere.

Been a while since I posted here.

Funkdoc's batman grinding has been amazing, quite amazing how much time he has shaved off batman NES when his original runs looks really fluid and quick as they were.

Lately I have been using the twitch ios app over airplay while I do work at home and it's been rather good, nice to see some of these runs on the big screen instead of inside my browser.

Sort of related but would anyone be interested in watching After Burner Climax score attacks? I been playing it again lately and I still have #114 on the xbl score boards and I know that I could improve it, just wondering.

LordAlu

Been a while since I posted here.

Funkdoc's batman grinding has been amazing, quite amazing how much time he has shaved off batman NES when his original runs looks really fluid and quick as they were.

Lately I have been using the twitch ios app over airplay while I do work at home and it's been rather good, nice to see some of these runs on the big screen instead of inside my browser.

Sort of related but would anyone be interested in watching After Burner Climax score attacks? I been playing it again lately and I still have #114 on the xbl score boards and I know that I could improve it, just wondering.
Last time I saw Funkdoc he was Batman world record holder with 10:24. Don't know if Dxtr has come back to beat that yet :p

Pappasman

Just finished my first full run of Super Metroid. I'm pretty happy with my first time of 1:09:13. I want to stream but my university internet is garbage, so I'll probably start streaming once I move out of here.

Also if anyone is interested, Goronguy is doing Majora's Mask 100% WR attempts.

http://www.twitch.tv/goronguy

Thinking about going after the Silent Hill 2 world record. The console record is about 50 minutes. I can finish SH2 in about an hour and a half without even trying...might be something to work to.

There's been a lot of competition between Controllerhead, Pireaus and Mugg1991 for Super Mario Land 2 lately but CH just took it back with a 26:57:07.

Revven

Was this posted yet? Luigi's Mansion any% is now just as broke as OoT any%. AND this was just discovered over the weekend, a week before LM2 comes out LOL.

Jokab

Siglemic streaming SM64 again, Cosmo streaming Wind Waker. What is happening, things going back to how they're supposed to be perhaps.

Frolow

Banned
vhmbChY.jpg

Poor Sig. He got to the final Bowser fight and missed the first throw.

Top Bottom