• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYP Rumor: EA officially up for sale, KKR and Providence interested

Ensoul

Isn't everything for sale if the price is right? If this is true then this is amazing. I don't know if the sales for EA games are going south; I am under the impression the madden games sell a billion copies every year.

Averon

The company is looking to transform its business model to better compete against rivals such as Zynga Inc. (ZNGA), which has expanded its business to better support Internet-based sales.

Chasing after a sinking ship.

It would kind of be nice if EA were broken up into smaller companies kind of like what happens when monopolies are broken up. But yeah, that's not going to happen...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
What if activision buys them and gets west n that back oh the hilarity that could be

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
As an EA stockholder this is going to be interesting. As long as they offer a price higher than what I paid, I'm all for it. It seems like EA has been out of ideas recently.

Scum

Wasn't there a rumour a while back about a major Korean free-to-play company interested in acquiring EA?
Anyway, I've always had EA down as the one company that would be the cause of a megaton by the end of this gen/start of next gen...

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Wasn't there a rumour a while back about a major Korean free-to-play company interested in acquiring EA?

I've always had EA down as the one company that would be the cause of a megaton by the end of this gen/start of next gen...

Yes, Nexon (creators of maplestory)

Culex

Banned
The best thing that could happen to EA would be to be bought by a private equity firm, pay shareholders a premium, and then take the stock private.

Guiz

This must be a joke...
I really don't get the point with Zynga, their shares lost about 80% since March (14.69$ to 3$ today).

Unless they want to try what a Market Share fail is...

diffusionx

Gold Member
The best thing that could happen to EA would be to be bought by a private equity firm, pay shareholders a premium, and then take the stock private.

I agree with this. Their shareholders saw Zynga and whoever making bank and wanted in on the action so they spent too many resources the past few years chasing short-term fads (Playfish, etc.).

The company has games that sell 5-10 million with frequency. They really should not be in trouble.

Activision and now EA shopping themselves around for potential suitors.

If you can't see something wrong when two industry titans are both looking to exit an industry then you really need to take off those rose tinted glasses.

I always thought it would be the consumer bailing out that would start the next videogames crash after a constant diet of me too low risk look a like titles.

However, it seems that the AAA publishers have decided to "cry uncle" first and don't even want to expose themselves to the obvious financial risks of an even more costly next generation.

Now it starts to get really interesting...

Consumers, publishers, next to fall should be a platform holder.

Nintendo? Micosoft? Sony? Roll up! Roll up! Place your bets!

Top Bottom