• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Onemic

Finally decided to watch some bbcp footage since the game is less than 2 weeks away and I really dig the changes Hakumen got. I was expecting to ditch him in bbcp, but after watching his play I gotta add him to the list of potential characters I want to main. That raises the count to 4 and now I have no idea how I'm going to decide who I want to stick with once the game finally comes out.

Also is there any info on what type of playstyle Kagura is based on? Dustloop has nothing and my interest on playing him has been relegated to wanting to swing that big ass sword around.(which is enough reason for me, but still!)

Rhapsody

Banned
Finally decided to watch some bbcp footage since the game is less than 2 weeks away and I really dig the changes Hakumen got. I was expecting to ditch him in bbcp, but after watching his play I gotta add him to the list of potential characters I want to main. That raises the count to 4 and now I have no idea how I'm going to decide who I want to stick with once the game finally comes out.

Also is there any info on what type of playstyle Kagura is based on? Dustloop has nothing and my interest on playing him has been relegated to wanting to swing that big ass sword around.(which is enough reason for me, but still!)

He's not truly based on anything. He has a Sonic Boom and Flash Kick like Guile and he has different stances for attacks.

I'm pretty sure Kagura is a charge character. I don't usually like charging at all aside from Mitsuru in P4:A which took some getting used to and doing combo's with charge moves wasn't too bad once you realize you have to charge your next move during your current one.

Arksys is copyright flagging people who put up BB story stuff so I wouldn't count on it.

I was wondering why all the BB story mode videos weren't showing up on youtube. Kind of funny considering how many other companies leave videos of their games up and most likely benefit from the coverage while Arksys goes the opposite route.

RoeBear

It's solely story stuff so I don't see the problem with them wanting that stuff taken down. If it was gameplay and matches that would be a completely different situation. As it stands you should only be able to see the story if you watch the anime or buy the game imo.

Onemic

Is there an explanation as to why Japanese streams tend to always be of extremely low quality relative to NA/EU? You would think that the reputation of them generally having far superior internet compared to NA would translate to higher quality or at the very least equal quality streams, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Most bbcp vids(really, any jpn stream in my experience) on youtube seem to be a race to see who can output the video with the worst resolution and bitrate possible to a global audience.

Is there an explanation as to why Japanese streams tend to always be of extremely low quality relative to NA/EU? You would think that the reputation of them generally having far superior internet compared to NA would translate to higher quality or at the very least equal quality streams, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Most bbcp vids(really, any jpn stream in my experience) on youtube seem to be a race to see who can output the video with the worst resolution and bitrate possible to a global audience.

I'm not sure. I think youtube's compression has something to do with it. The videos on niconico in general seem to be of higher quality although not by much. As for the actual streams themselves that might be due to slow migration to better tech/equipment since as far as I know Japan seems to have a better internet service situation than here in Canada.

Naite

Second ep of Alter Memory is up on funimation's site
http://www.funimation.com/shows/blazblue/anime

This episode has everything.
Reused animations, fight scenes reduced to flashes of light and lines while the camera pans around (also a slow, 9 second animation of Hazama walking and watching an ongoing fight offscreen), Hakumen defeated offscreen, and unfinished OP still unfinished. They also burned through most of the CT plot and apparently starting CS in episode 4. I guess they're just trying to get any new viewers ready for BBCP.

On the plus side, we get to hear more of Kokonoe's theme, and the animation for Noel summoning Bolverk is pretty good, which feels like where most of the budget went towards.

Rhapsody

Banned
Second ep of Alter Memory is up on funimation's site
http://www.funimation.com/shows/blazblue/anime

This episode has everything.
Reused animations, fight scenes reduced to flashes of light and lines while the camera pans around (also a slow, 9 second animation of Hazama walking and watching an ongoing fight offscreen), Hakumen defeated offscreen, and unfinished OP still unfinished. They also burned through most of the CT plot and apparently starting CS in episode 4. I guess they're just trying to get any new viewers ready for BBCP.

On the plus side, we get to hear more of Kokonoe's theme, and the animation for Noel summoning Bolverk is pretty good, which feels like where most of the budget went towards.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the same for your last sentence. Dang it, Mori.

That was a lot better than what I was expecting. I thought the animation was pretty good for the fights. And I only really noticed speed lines a few times over the course of the episode.

As for Noel she really kicked ass here.
I guess we might see some of the other characters next episode?

I agree that it seems like they are going to set up the viewers for BBCP just based on how the pace is right now.

Ken

putting up the OT tomorrow

any subtitles or should i just leave it as

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Import |OT|

RoeBear

Blazblue Chronophantasma |OT| Get a Leg Up

like on the competition, but still a bad pun...

Found out what Chronophantasma means at least to the story might be spoilers
Observer

FluxWaveZ

I'm a bit confused. Do we know if Terumi is included in the disc or is he going to be paid DLC? I'm assuming Kokonoe is definitely paid DLC.

Edit: Nevermind, checking the preview OT they're both gonna be paid DLC. Lame. Probably gonna be $4-5 a piece.

RoeBear

I'm a bit confused. Do we know if Terumi is included in the disc or is he going to be paid DLC? I'm assuming Kokonoe is definitely paid DLC.

Edit: Nevermind, checking the preview OT they're both gonna be paid DLC. Lame. Probably gonna be $4-5 a piece.
He's going to be included in all first print copies of the game. So he'll only come with physical versions. Also the characters will most likely be 800 yen a piece so more like eight dollars.

Ken

BBCP Import |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

ASW released a non-crappy quality version of the TGS trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9zx0PHZ20w

i like that subtitle. also will update with the new trailer and a link to jourdai's YT channel

He's going to be included in all first print copies of the game. So he'll only come with physical versions. Also the characters will most likely be 800 yen a piece so more like eight dollars.

only physical versions? is there nothing for um...preordering on PSN or whatever it's called? will add that to OP if that's confirmed.

gonna post it when it his the 17th in american pst time

FluxWaveZ

So people who've pre-ordered an import copy should get Terumi, then? That's good.

$8-10 per character sounds expensive.

RoeBear

only physical versions? is there nothing for um...preordering on PSN or whatever it's called? will add that to OP if that's confirmed.

I'm not sure that's been confirmed but they've never mentioned it coming with the digital version.
So people who've pre-ordered an import copy should get Terumi, then? That's good.

$8-10 per character sounds expensive.

Yeah that's how much they were in CS2 which is why a lot of people didn't buy Extend because people had already paid $24 for Platinum, Makoto, and Valk. I didn't even get Extend till a year after release only because I got it for $15.

Onemic

8 - 10 bucks for characters who are already finished and shipping with the actual games?That's ridiculous. Are they trying to compete with Capcom's shitty not-really-DLC practice?

They might have said that he wasn't ready in time for when the game went gold. But I remember seeing a screenshot of Terumi in the story mode so he must be far along enough that he's usable there.

I guess we'll know for sure based on the day one patch download size. For CS whenever a new character was released they also released a sizeable patch with what was presumably the necessary assets so people who don't have the character could still play against them.

If you get a first print run copy the only DLC character you'll have to pay for is Kokonoe. Still sucks though. But I'll take it if the alternative is less characters. I wouldn't compare it to Capcom though.

Didn't SxT have something like 12 extra characters locked on the disc?

RoeBear

8 - 10 bucks for characters who are already finished and shipping with the actual games?That's ridiculous. Are they trying to compete with Capcom's shitty not-really-DLC practice?

People pay it that's one of the reasons they do it. Secondly, they start to make less money once console versions are released. If someone is paying 100 yen a game or around a dollar they aren't going to pay that much anymore when you can get about the same

experience for 60-70 dollars with infinite games. Arcades are probably a bigger money maker than actual console releases so if you can why not charge more for missing parts of the package. It's been almost a full year since BBCP was released in arcades. We saw

that it can take about 4-5 months to get a game from arcade to console, even in english with P4A. So if you can make more money why not try.

Onemic

People pay it that's one of the reasons they do it. Secondly, they start to make less money once console versions are released. If someone is paying 100 yen a game or around a dollar they aren't going to pay that much anymore when you can get about the same

experience for 60-70 dollars with infinite games. Arcades are probably a bigger money maker than actual console releases so if you can why not charge more for missing parts of the package. It's been almost a full year since BBCP was released in arcades. We saw

that it can take about 4-5 months to get a game from arcade to console, even in english with P4A. So if you can make more money why not try.

It makes business sense, same with capcoms sfxt dlc stuff. Doesn't make it not messed up and doesn't help their case against those that don't buy asw games because of their sometimes questionable release practices.

It doesn't affect me much because I preordered and have no interest in playing as kokonoe, but I can understand someone that may forgoe buying the game because of it.

cj_iwakura

It makes business sense, same with capcoms sfxt dlc stuff. Doesn't make it not messed up and doesn't help their case against those that don't buy asw games because of their sometimes questionable release practices.

It doesn't affect me much because I preordered and have no interest in playing as kokonoe, but I can understand someone that may forgoe buying the game because of it.

Well, it's doubly insulting here because they said CP would have no DLC characters. An outright lie apparently.

I happily paid for Makoto
when she went on sale
back in the day, and I'm sure I'll pay for Kokonoe too, but still, this is poor form.

Rhapsody

Banned

I have a feeling Terumi's already done while Kokonoe wasn't finished in time before it went gold though. We still have no release date for her DLC (but you never know, I suppose companies can withhold finished data...).

While unrelated to on disc DLC, ASW is also putting DLC tied to LE copies of the bluray anime. The first LE had a description of stage, BGM, and color set, so who knows how far they'll go with this one.

RoeBear

Well, it's doubly insulting here because they said CP would have no DLC characters. An outright lie apparently.

I happily paid for Makoto
when she went on sale
back in the day, and I'm sure I'll pay for Kokonoe too, but still, this is poor form.

That was my biggest problem. They outright said no DLC character, but apparently cause they said he lies all the time that makes it ok. Then again they could have them all included on the disc for the US release, who knows.

I have a feeling Terumi's already done while Kokonoe wasn't finished in time before it went gold though. We still have no release date for her DLC (but you never know, I suppose companies can withhold finished data...).

While unrelated to on disc DLC, ASW is also putting DLC tied to LE copies of the bluray anime. The first LE had a description of stage, BGM, and color set, so who knows how far they'll go with this one.

Those are most likely CT/CS stages themes and colors, which I hope they are cause I won't be bitter since I'm pretty tired of them

Rhapsody

Banned
Those are most likely CT/CS stages themes and colors, which I hope they are cause I won't be bitter since I'm pretty tired of them

That's actually a good point. The DLC's probably that. While I liked the old stages and songs, I definitely don't mind just moving on to make it feel fresh.
I probably wouldn't care about colors since a lot of the BBCP ones look good. Only one I might want back is Nu's old black/pink palette. She has a new one, but it's not the same.

Lokbob

I still have the feeling there is one more character playable and unlockable through the Story.
The Jubei arc in the six heroes story. Celica is on the CE Cover and in a couple Trailers.
Did they do this before? Such a tease ...

*believe*

cj_iwakura

I actually got an insurance refund(gasp), so I think I just got me my fight money.
(A play-asia coupon would still be pretty great though.)

Rhapsody

Banned
I still have the feeling there is one more character playable and unlockable through the Story.
The Jubei arc in the six heroes story. Celica is on the CE Cover and in a couple Trailers.
Did they do this before? Such a tease ...

*believe*

I'd love it if there was one more. Only because I don't know who would fill the role as the final boss of this game.
Kagura's the story mode unlock, but he doesn't feel like last boss material. Terumi could've been, but having the playable last boss saved for first print and DLC just seems like an odd choice.

Of course Mu wasn't hidden, but considering CT->CS 1.00 didn't improve the roster by much, it's not too surprising she was revealed to make people get it a launch.

I just want playable Celica or Saya at this point (Saya if it's last boss).

RoeBear

I actually got an insurance refund(gasp), so I think I just got me my fight money.
(A play-asia coupon would still be pretty great though.)

I'm sure a lot of us me included will have coupons once we get the game since I think they ship them with coupons usually.

Saya shouldn't be playable yet they need more buildup for her. As for final playable boss I think Nine would be cool, even though I still want Jubei.

cj_iwakura

I'm sure a lot of us me included will have coupons once we get the game since I think they ship them with coupons usually.

Saya shouldn't be playable yet they need more buildup for her. As for final playable boss I think Nine would be cool, even though I still want Jubei.

I assume we'll know a day after release who the final boss is if not Izayoi. I'm stunned Saya isn't a lock after CS' ending.

RoeBear

Saya
maybe. Looks kind of
purple
where the head should be. And the legs look like they belong to a
Murakumo unit

Not sure why but I thought those images were all CS stuff but saw Kagura in some so I guess not.

Checked my order on Play-Asia and had the game shipping to the wrong address. I changed it and had to pay the new game charge instead of the preorder one. It's only 1.50 difference, but that just irks me for not catching the address. At least now I know the game will get here instead of having to wait an extra week to get it reshipped.

biocat

So, NA is getting the same LE as Japan? I have the LE preordered but I might just pass if it is available everywhere. Anyone want a Japanese LE?

Top Bottom