• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Welp. I take a well-earned vacation, GAF implodes, my inbox is filled with invites to some sort of cult, and Zweizer thinks I'm creeped out/dead because I didn't respond to his confession.

About to get some sleep, but it'd be super swell if someone could send me a working invite when I wake up tomorrow.

Zweizer

Banned
Welp. I take a well-earned vacation, GAF implodes, my inbox is filled with invites to some sort of cult, and Zweizer thinks I'm creeped out/dead because I didn't respond to his confession.

About to get some sleep, but it'd be super swell if someone could send me a working invite when I wake up tomorrow.

There are so many emotions going through me right now, but the least I can say is that I'm genuinely happy to see you again. I was ready to post this as an adieu and everything:

img0000127okxf.png

Fbh

anyone here still?

Started "Real" the other day.
Damn like pretty much everything else Inoue has done, this is fucking great.

At first I was a bit worried that it would just be Slam Dunk with Wheelchairs since the setup of the story is pretty similar. But I love how it's more about the characters and their struggles than about the matches themselves. It takes some pretty deep and sometimes heartbreaking insights into the world of disabled athletes and sports.

Usobuko

Banned
Real is indeed good.

The trinity of Inoue works are all top notch. Vagabond, Slam Dunk, Real.

Most of the mangagaf are now in reset tho, by most I mean almost everyone.

Lucumo

Most of the mangagaf are now in reset tho, by most I mean almost everyone.

Considering they actually moved the communities...it's not surprising.

Never really posted here, considering I only read completed manga (excluding One Piece) and pretty much all you ever talked about was ongoing ones. So no discussions could be had.
I think I posted that I'm currently reading Ten (Ten : Tenna Toori no Kaidanji) and never got any reply, haha.

Ombra

I need to get around to be a hero academia manga so I can catch up becaise getting spoiled about a very important moment sucks.

Mobpsycho100 needs to get a season 2 anime, I feel like its at its best in motion much like 1punch man.

Shouta

anyone here still?

Started "Real" the other day.
Damn like pretty much everything else Inoue has done, this is fucking great.

At first I was a bit worried that it would just be Slam Dunk with Wheelchairs since the setup of the story is pretty similar. But I love how it's more about the characters and their struggles than about the matches themselves. It takes some pretty deep and sometimes heartbreaking insights into the world of disabled athletes and sports.

I'm still around. I prefer forum format over a chatroom for discussion and this is the only place I have access to.

Not like I posted all that much other than the occasional weekly reaction and write-ups on mangas nobody is interested in, lol.

Fbh

I'm still around. I prefer forum format over a chatroom for discussion and this is the only place I have access to.

Not like I posted all that much other than the occasional weekly reaction and write-ups on mangas nobody is interested in, lol.

Hey, most people weren't interested in my reactions either but I still had fun posting.

What are you reading ?

Zweizer

Banned
This will be my last message in this thread.

It had been a fun ride that lasted more than three years, and the community here has been wonderful. I don't regret interacting with you all, but I do wish the forum was in better hands.

Thanks all. May those remaining either enjoy their time here, if it's their decision, or move on and find a better home.

Zweizer out.

Shouta

So has MangaGaf essentially left? or have the remaining member just been busy with holidays?

I'm around but There's been no activity and I've been busy.

I've been trying to wrap my mind around just how pervasive the isekai fad has been recently. So many manga on shelves with it...

Top Bottom