• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What the...I've seen that HeyBot show pop up mentioned when I'm watching Kamen Rider since it aired on the same block, but always thought it was just a cheap toy cash-in...it ended apparently, so I thought I'd check it out when I saw it was on Crunchyroll.

I just watched eleven episodes starting last night and this show is amazing. I'm laughing my ass off---and damn, I know it takes the piss out of merchandising shows but at the same time it makes me want a Heybot of my own!

What the...I've seen that HeyBot show pop up mentioned when I'm watching Kamen Rider since it aired on the same block, but always thought it was just a cheap toy cash-in...it ended apparently, so I thought I'd check it out when I saw it was on Crunchyroll.

I just watched eleven episodes starting last night and this show is amazing. I'm laughing my ass off---and damn, I know it takes the piss out of merchandising shows but at the same time it makes me want a Heybot of my own!

HeyBrother....

Theonik

Is there such a thing as idol overload? I guess we're about to find out.
Not when I shift into AIDORU OVERDRIVE HIYAAA

We told you to watch it. But did you listen?

phaze

Made in Abyss 10

That was hilarious.

I mean the "pinch her nose shut" part.

Cause like... she has no nose.

Other than, that I'm clearly hollow too cause the violence here barely even registered. With all these reactions I expected much more.

Toy promotion kids' anime is often a lot more creative than you might think.

Can I watch(and fully enjoy) Akagi with 0 understanding of mahjong?

I don't know about fully enjoy, but it is possible to enjoy the heightened emotional drama even if you can't follow the incredibly complex mahjong rules.

Narag

gdgd fairies 3
H0jgfOTl.jpg

this show is killing me

Im sad Z/X Zillions of Enemy X joins the list of card game franchises that get sequel anime that become pretty girl gardens. Was hyped in 2015 when we were told we would get another series for Z/X after Z/X Ignition just as I was for Luck & Logic which gave us Hina Logic :(

DJ6c7FjV4AE2zSk.jpg:small

LotusHD

Banned
Thx for the advice everyone

I did. To my undertanding the next arc in the manga will be mahjong too so it's inevitable one way or the other.

I guess I'll be watching some tutorials on youtube

I just found it hard to care looking back since the dude never loses

Qurupeke

Yuki Yuna is a Hero 4-6

Itsuki certainly got the short straw, the others' defections are minimal compared to hers. Also, Fu became a lot cooler.

I wonder how fast things will proceed towards the climax now that the enemy is gone. Tbh, I really like the "magic world" segments, but everything else is kind of boring and feels almost forced. I think my main problem with the show however is what made me dislike it the first time. It feels like discount Madoka. It's enjoyable and the idea seems cool so far, even if it's nothing new, but I can't shake the feeling I already know what is going to happen. Like, I just want to finish the series and see how it will end, barely caring about everything in between...

Anyway, the music is AMAZING. Holy shit.

dickroach

so I downloaded a Chrome extension that turns Crunchyroll's videoplayer from flash to html5, and then another extension that lets you adjust the playback speed of html5 videos
works like a charm
now I can catch up on shows like One Piece in like 3 minutes

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Seeing that it seems to be a Mineta focused episode makes me wanna skip this week's MHA altogether.

Well, they've already done Fate/Mahou Shoujo. What else is left to pervert corrupt degrade try?

Well,there's Fate Mahjong (this one sucks though)and Fate cooking in emiya house...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't know about fully enjoy, but it is possible to enjoy the heightened emotional drama even if you can't follow the incredibly complex mahjong rules.

I wouldn't call the rules complex, it's more the number of possible hands and what beats what that can become overwhelming. Japanese mahjong is closer to something like poker IMO.

mother!

In a decade people will be saying that they always liked this movie.

I wouldn't call the rules complex, it's more the number of possible hands and what beats what that can become overwhelming. Japanese mahjong is closer to something like poker IMO.

Heres the thing - in Akagi they play a special variant where 75 percent of the tiles are see-through and 25 percent are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom