• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

R-Type Tactics (PSP) coming to the U.S. (and Europe)! Bring on R-Type Commmand!

Teknoman

Demo? Where? An R-type tactical game would be pretty cool depending on if it was done right. They've got plenty of ship options from R-Type Final, and the Bydo...well you know how many of those there are.

Grimmy said:
Great - now bring out Yggdra Union PSP Atlus!

They really do.

Kuran said:
Can someone upload the demo for those with CFW?

It still works with CFW. What did you guys think of the demo? I only played the first mission and I was completely sucked in. I think strategy games are the best genre on PSP and it looks like this one is going to continue the trend.

camineet

Banned
I'm getting R-Type Command for my new PSP. It'll kinda fill that huge whole in my gaming life that wants Military Madness DS.

Symytry

I tried the demo out over the weekend. Let me start by saying that the music kicks ass! As far as strategy and tactics go, I pretty much just hammered my way through the first line of defense and took out the target. It was all over rather quick, took me about 20 minutes.

The game doesn't even attempt to hold your hand - which I like, I really hate tutorials. Overall I found it self explanatory. It did seem a bit slow for my tastes, but again, I only played the first mission of the tutorial...

One big question that I had is that during the start of the mission when defining your team, it lists the ships along with the name of the pilots. For anyone playing the J version; is there any actual dialogue that takes place between the pilots? Or is it all serious ship-fight-ship the whole way through with little to no plot?

At any rate, I'll most likely support the cause and buy this next month!

camineet

Banned
I'm not expecting greatness like the orignal Nectaris / Military Madness, but if R-Type Command is better than say, Neo Nectaris (which wasn't all that great), I'll be pleased. Anyway I'll be picking it up next week.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
A brief bump for the Euro launch. Picked up my copy today - GAME had a lot more copies in stock than I was expecting for something that seems like such a niche title. Played through the first couple of missions and it seems worryingly straightforward (team a bomber up with a repair drone, use the big one-shot missile and replenish it every turn) but I'm guessing the challenge ramps up as things progress...

Euro version is, of course, called R-Type Tactics.

Top Bottom