• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

Vally

I just got a mail from GAME Spain with 31 May as the release date, but on the website it says June 7

C-bzBLMW0AQ0xm-.jpg:large

Tried to ask them on twitter but no reply... I guess it's most likely a mistake but it would be a nice self-birthday present

Arials

Not 100% sure, but I think so.

That's what happened with my Horizon order: I got both the normal case and the steelbook.

An order you made with Amazon I assume? Pretty sweet if they send both, well worth paying a few pennies over what Shopto costs.

PSN has a dynamic theme for preorder.
Physical has four static themes.

Am I screwed out of a set of themes one way or the other? This is kind of horseshit??

Arials

Wipeout Fusion PS2 Release on PS4? Going by the image of the PS2 controller?

Why would they release, or announce, that in the same window as the Omega collection? The games would just be competing with each other.

It'll be something related to this game.

PSN has a dynamic theme for preorder.
Physical has four static themes.

Am I screwed out of a set of themes one way or the other? This is kind of horseshit??

Yeah, I tweeted them in regards to whether the dynamic theme will be available after release but they didn't get back to me :(

Also I'd love to see some 'new' content as DLC. I'd be very happy to pay for DLC!

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Thanks. But damn, they can't ship to Denmark.

The page said it couldn't be delivered to Germany, but the Steelcase on its own could, as could the game. I initially asked Support if they could do the £30 deal for me using the two separate items, but instead they said that the bundle can be delivered to Germany, despite what the page says.

Sure enough:

arRMztm.png

Planet

Nope, those were grey. Never seen any color variants back then. But I really doubt they put that much thought into the posting. Probably they only thought it was a cool reference to playing PlayStation in general.

Laranja

Coloring aside, it could be a PS1 DualShock as well. Wipeout 2097/XL remake? That would be my wish.

That would be brilliant, but I'd settle for DLC with some classic tracks.

By the way, anyone tried Formula Fusion? It looks pretty good (The Designers Republic is involved), but I've no idea if it's a worthy spiritual successor.

That would be brilliant, but I'd settle for DLC with some classic tracks.

By the way, anyone tried Formula Fusion? It looks pretty good (The Designers Republic is involved), but I've no idea if it's a worthy spiritual successor.

They're gearing up for the full '1.00' release at the moment, and all the previews have been pretty stellar. I haven't played it for a while so can't testify myself (despite dumping a good amount on the Kickstarter). I think it's got a decent discount at the moment so might be worth checking out yourself.

Aw man, I would love to get just the steelbook (I'm already getting a North American copy of the game, I don't need two!) but Amazon won't ship either the bundle or just the steelbook to Canada.

EDIT: er, or not? As per AndyBNV's post, it looks like it DOES ship to Canada despite the warning on the product page. Time to cancel the ShopTo order, I guess?

Putty

They're gearing up for the full '1.00' release at the moment, and all the previews have been pretty stellar. I haven't played it for a while so can't testify myself (despite dumping a good amount on the Kickstarter). I think it's got a decent discount at the moment so might be worth checking out yourself.

A new update went live last night 8)

Laranja

I definitely would if I had a PC, but I'm a Mac user. I'll definitely check it out when/if they release it on PS4!

LoveCake

The page said it couldn't be delivered to Germany, but the Steelcase on its own could, as could the game. I initially asked Support if they could do the £30 deal for me using the two separate items, but instead they said that the bundle can be delivered to Germany, despite what the page says.

Sure enough:

[IMAGE REMOVED]

Yes I have ordered that also :D

I was hoping for 2097 though as well.

missile

Sure enough:

arRMztm.png
You sure the game will be delivered in the end?
Works for Austria, too. But still!

Seventy70

Fuck the pre order bonuses. As a big Wipeout fan, I just want to get the whole package, but instead I have to compare and compromise. The dynamic theme looks really cool and it would be nice to have that extra ship but at the same time, the steelbook looks great and so do the 4 themes that come with it.

What are the chances the digital bonuses will be sold afterwards?

Fuck the pre order bonuses. As a big Wipeout fan, I just want to get the whole package, but instead I have to compare and compromise. The dynamic theme looks really cool and it would be nice to have that extra ship but at the same time, the steelbook looks great and so do the 4 themes that come with it.

Wish we'd get a straight answer for this, best I can say is everyone needs to message Xdev on Twitter and try to get an answer out from them. I really want that awesome dynamic theme and will be really, really disappointed if I can't buy it seperately when the game launches.

So basically, everyone needs to bug Xdev over it :p

Melchiah

Personally, I just went for the version that's the most convenient, which is digital in my case. I don't want to use discs with pick-up-and-play kind of games, that are going to be in my rotation for long periods. The bonuses aren't that important to me, apart from the digital art book.

Heads up :

Steelbook is only being sold online at Micromania in France (39.99€)

If you don't care, Amazon currently sells the basic physical edition for 34.99€

Shaneus

I'm keen to know if the game has a dedicated means of using custom music tracks.
Doubt it; I can't think of any game with such a feature beyond just Spotify.
Yeah, I think that'll be how it works. I know that games which support custom soundtracks (like Driveclub) have an dedicated folder when they're developed that has music in them that allows for PS background music (like Spotify, media player etc.) to be played instead. I'm guessing Omega will do that.

I still think effects can be applied to them though, like the filtering that happens when you catch big air in 3 (or is it 2048?).

KeRaSh

Well, looks like I've stumbled across at least one of the songs used in the game... given it has "WipEout Omega Instrumental" in the title:
https://open.spotify.com/track/7N0QRPqqUbtYh7E3goypKZ

Guess I'll be using a custom soundtrack then, if that's the sort of music find in the game :/
Here's my WIP if anyone wants to check it out.

You scared me there for a second. Thought this was something totally different than what we usually hear in a Wipeout soundtrack. Seems to fit in quite nicely in my opinion.

As for custom soundtracks: Didn't Wipeout HD on the PS3 featured custom soundtracks by accessing your local mp3 library? I'm guessing we'll at least be able to listen to spotify in the background.
That's basically how I played Gungeon. It's a completely different game with the Hotline Miami OST playing in the background.

-Amon-

There is a closed beta going on, check your emails.

I was invited yersteday everning, i did not apply for it filling any form etc.

Without going too much in it i was not that impressed by Fury and HD remasters, they look nice but not phenomenal.

2048 is legit, really nice looking.

Top Bottom