• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Wanderer5

7245a76a-c813-4666-b738-fb6bb4c01aef.jpg

XD

cajunator

Banned
Haven't got an updated pic of my Nendoroid stuff, this one's from late last year: https://instagram.com/p/wBFnmqpcOI/

Wish I could have the extra cash to get this month's releases smh

Im glad I was able to catch the rerelease of Yoshino. I need that nendoroid in the worst way. It came out prior to me getting into collecting these. I dont normally like figures that have a bunch of extra parts but well LOOK AT THESE THINGS. They are adorable. Exactly the sort of thing I like to blow money on.

How's the pricing on shipping from amiami? They seem to have cheap products, but I fear for being screweed over on shipping costs.

And my god, the price the Pokemon Trainer is going for is nuts. I hope it gets a reproduction just to put salt in peoples wounds..... and so I can afford one.

Haven't got to post any I have, not much really but I do like nendoroids better than most figures. I am also so salty that I met my friend take my Tomoko nendoroid a while ago, didn't know it would be so hard to find and so expensive.

How come the base is different? Can we do this without NNendo's usual base?

Could just be a prototype since I do believe Monokuma is the square base.

But since generally the stands are almost the same, you might be able to if you had enough nendo parts lying around.

Einbroch

Banned
How's the pricing on shipping from amiami? They seem to have cheap products, but I fear for being screweed over on shipping costs.

And my god, the price the Pokemon Trainer is going for is nuts. I hope it gets a reproduction just to put salt in peoples wounds..... and so I can afford one.

For a single Nendoroid if you go the cheapest (unregistered SAL) it's like 800 yen. EMS, which is fast and has tracking, is like 1.7k for a Nendoroid. Price goes up about 50% of the base shipping price per Nendoroid. I know I had a shipment of three for like 1.8k USAL.

I've got...6 Nendos now? (Link, Red, Estelle Bright, Mabinogi Nao, Menma, Renge-chan)
One on the way. (P4 Teddie)
Maybe four or five preordered? I've lost track.

They're great. Just one is cute but when you start to line up a bunch? Adorable uniformity in concentrated doses.

Hero

I want the League of Legends Ahri Nendo so bad. Might get a KO because the legitimate ones are expensive as hell. =/

tauke

Replying to the thread for auto sub.

Also preordered Umaru nendo since I love the manga a lot for the wacky daily life of Komaru I mean Umaru.

How much do AmiAmi's shipping fee for Nendoroid? $10 for NA?

Ugh, must resist. Already got Marika's nendo.

/poke you to get Umaru nendo

Didn't realise that Nendoroid Mario has been delayed, so just had to email amiami to get my Miku Hatsune Senbonzakura Nendoroid split from my order.

Nendoroid Yamato
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I like my omelettes fluffy! Just thinking of omelettes makes me really hungry though! Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Yamato! ♡
o0515042713305960939.jpg

From the popular browser game ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-’ comes a Nendoroid of the battleship Yamato with all her ship parts included, creating a rather large figure for a Nendoroid! The 46cm turret batteries on her back feature a special connection allowing them to aim forward, and each of the gun turrets are individually articulated for all sorts of options.

The ship parts can also be opened out through the use of a Nendoroid joint! She also comes with a ramune drink and omelette rice as optional parts, as well as explosion parts to display her being attacked! Anti-aircraft guns are also included and can be attached to recreate her ‘Kai’ appearance!
Oooooooooohhhh!! (´□`。)

The long-awaited Nendoroid of the super-dreadnought developed in secret by the Kure Naval Arsenal as a trump card – Yamato! The largest Kanmusu to join the Nendoroids so far!! Even in the KanColle universe Yamato is seen as a sort of flagship for the series! ★
o0515045313305960821.jpg

Her hair is tied high up but flows all the way down, gently blowing in the wind! The tight-fitting outfit has also been shrunk into Nendoroid size perfectly, with even the one sock longer showing off just one of her lovely long legs! Everything about her is so cute and fun to look at!

The ship parts are amazing, but by no means does that mean that Yamato herself isn’t! She’s beautiful!! ♥︎

Let’s see how she looks from the back! (o*・з・)o
o0515057013304984528.jpg

The ship parts are so big you can hardly see Yamato herself!

You can at the very least still see her cute ponytail twisting around ever so slightly! Her radar umbrella is also faithfully included with a translucent plastic!

The huge ship parts remind you that she is a destroyer, but she also has these more gentle parts to show she has a more gentle side to her personality too!
o0515058713304983918.jpg

Each of the flowers in her hair have also been sculpted one-by-one and the hair accessory that becomes a part of the radar has also been very intricately made! There are really just too many things to look at on this figure… I don’t really know where to start! o(゚д゚o≡o゚д゚)o

Let’s take a closer look at her ship parts! ★
o0515041613304984722.jpg

The left and right sides of the ship parts are connected to the center piece with Nendoroid joints, so they can be moved around in all sorts of different ways!
o0515047613304984721.jpg

Plus each gun turret can be moved individually, and the batteries can each be twisted around as well! The amount of moving parts is quite impressive!
o0515037013304984723.jpg

I’m sure everyone will have a load of fun playing around with it when they get their hands on her! (`・ω・´)ゞ
fathers-day-gift-ideas-8.jpg

I’m sure most eyes jumped right to her chest first… but what I want to point out is what is holding in her hands! Armor-Piercing Rounds! (σ・∀・)σ
o0515036313304983921.jpg

I was also taking a close-up shot so that I could create a shot where the included fired AP rounds compare in size!! φ(.. )
================================================================
Nendoroid Uzuki Shimamura

Sweet seventeen has always been a kind of magical age to me! A second year high-school student… I wonder what I was doing back at that age…

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Uzuki Shimamura!
o0515053313305417623.jpg

From the popular anime series ‘THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS’ comes a Nendoroid of Uzuki Shimamura wearing her school uniform! She comes with three different expression parts including a cute standard expression, a cheerful smiling expression and a flustered expression for some more comical scenes.

Optional parts include her school bag and a flower for her to hold, allowing for various different scenes from the series to be recreated in Nendoroid size. Be sure to display her together with the previously announced Nendoroid Rin Shibuya and upcoming Nendoroid Mio Honda to display all the New Generation girls together!
Oooooooooohh!! (*´Д`)=з
--------
Anyway, let’s get back to Uzuki! This is how she looks from the back!
o0515054013305417622.jpg

Her characteristic hair style with one side of her long hair tied up looks great in miniaturized Nendoroid size! This pose also features parts that have her hands held behind her back!

She is posed wearing her cute school uniform with a lovely chequered skirt, as well as her school bag as an optional part to match! (。・ω・)ノ゙
o0515039713306763263.jpg

△ The large ribbon on her collar is also very cute! ☆

This allows you to pose her on the way to school, or on the way to the 346 Production offices from school!
o0515055413305417621.jpg

The hair tied up on the side is also fitted with a Nendoroid joint allowing for more dynamic poses like this one!

She also comes with her trademark smile and double peace pose! ☆
o0515061413305417755.jpg

Aww! She’s so cute!! (´□`。)

This pose and expression just had to be included for Shimamu Just looking at her makes me feel inspired for the day! Her smile is like a bright shining diamond!! ♥︎

Another pose you can recreate using this expression comes from the first episode of the anime series…
o0515056213305417541.jpg

The park scene! ♡

A little flower is also included to complete the scene! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ
Nendoroid Patchouli Knowledge

I had a rather busy and active weekend for the first time in ages. I guess it’s not such a bad thing to go outside and absorb some sunlight once in awhile…!

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at:

Nendoroid Patchouli Knowledge!
o0515061313310270574.jpg

From the popular game series by Team Shanghai Alice, the ‘Touhou Project’ comes a Nendoroid of Patchouli Knowledge, the magician with a weak constitution who keeps herself confined to the Scarlet Devil Mansion’s library.

She comes with three expressions including her standard face, a smiling face and a cute yawning expression. Optional parts include sitting parts, a book and even some glasses which suit her intellectual personality. You can also pose her holding the book to cover her mouth for a rather different appearance! Enjoy keeping the adorable Patchouli by your side![/i]
Pache-san!!!! (´□`。)
Apologies to all the Touhou fans for the long wait!!
The adorable magician that confines herself to the Scarlet Devil Mansion’s library is joining the Nendoroids! ♡ Her cute frilly negligee outfit has been shrunk into Nendoroid size very nicely! Her lovely long hair filled with ribbons as well as her puffy hat also look lovely in Nendoroid size – the details are amazing! (σ・∀・)σ
o0515052413310657248.jpg

△ The cute candy-like colors are so very colorful!

Believe it or not, this is actually the 14th Nendoroid from the Touhou Project! Let’s have a quick look through the Touhou Nendoroid history! ♪
-------------
Anyway, let’s get back to Pache-san! ヽ(゚◇゚ )ノ
o0515039913310270265.jpg

As you can see, her nightcap can be completely removed![/size]
Here she is without her hat, deep in concentration reading her book! She looks so lovely!! All the photos up to here have made use of her standard, calm expression… but she also comes with this one! ♪
o0515055913310270488.jpg

A sideways glance with a gentle smile! ♥︎
This expression gives her more of a mysterious charm! But she also comes with another item that fits with her library girl personality so very well!
o0515042313310270486.jpg

Red frame glasses!!
Patchouli is also known as ‘The Unmoving Great Library’ and this pose captures that so nicely! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ
(・∀・) “I wanted to bring out the intelligent side of Pache-san somehow, which led to these glasses being included!”
We’re joined by the figure’s planner, Hamako!
(・∀・) “Plus to even further bring out her character, we also included sitting parts!”
o0515041313310270394.jpg

Oooooooooohhhh!! (/ω\)
The way she is sitting is so adorable too!!
Nendoroid Umaru

I’ve always wanted to try being someone’s elder brother, and I got that chance today while taking a look at this adorable Nendoroid…

Nendoroid Umaru!♡
o0515059713311528511.jpg

From the upcoming anime series ‘Himouto! Umaru-chan’ comes a Nendoroid of Umaru, the character always lazing about at home! She comes a huge selection of expression parts including an energetic standard expression, an annoyingly confident expression, a smiling face, the excited expression when she eats something delicious as well as an expression crying like a spoilt child!

Optional parts include her beloved cola, a packet of potato chips and various other junk food parts to create a glorious Umaru banquet! Sitting parts as well as a gaming console are also included to bring out her personality even more! Give Umaru the lazy life she loves to live!
Umaru~n! ♡

The original complete manga that sold over a million copies is becoming an anime series in July!! This Nendoroid is of the main character Umaru-chan in her ‘Home-Umaru’ version! (●´ω`●)

Her characteristic hood and various little optional parts are all included to really bring out her personality as a Nendoroid! As you can see above she even comes with a bottle of cola and a packet of potato chips… but there is much more to come! ♪

“The Umaru banquet… has begun!”

This is how she looks from the back!
o0700069013311528910.jpg

It’s so round and cute!!! (/ω\)

You wouldn’t even be able to tell this was a Nendoroid at first glance… but it certainly makes you want to pick her up and hug her!!

The back features one hole in order to attach the stand, but even without the stand the circular shape allows Umaru-chan to stand on her own!(σ・∀・)σ

By the way, you can find out more about the anime series through the official links below! φ(.. )

★ TV Anime: Himouto! Umaru-chan Official Site
★ Official Twitter: @umaru_anime
Twitter Hashtag: #umaru_anime

Anyway, returning to the Nendoroid! The Nendoroid comes with the very cute smiling expression you can see above which is her standard expression! But she also comes with four other alternate expressions for a total of five different expression parts to choose from!

Let’s take a close look at them one-by-one!

- Standard Expression -
o0515048813311528510.jpg

A cute, happy smile with rosy cheeks! ♥︎

She looks like she is really enjoying whatever she is doing… which in this case is of course playing games on her console! A portable game console is also included as an optional part for her to hold! So the optional parts so far are potato chips, cola and a game console! But there is still much more to come…!!

As I’m sure you noticed, she also comes with lower body parts for sitting down with her knees up! This style of sitting just adds to her adorableness!

- Tantrum Expression -
o0515044513311544886.jpg

“Nuh-uh! Nuh-uh!
Go buy it Onii-chan!!! Go buy it for me now!!”

This expression lets you pose Umaru chan being a little spoilt child! The quivering mouth to add even more to a normal crying expression is really cute!

I figured it would be more convincing if I made an animated version of the tantrum, so here we go!…
“Please Please Please Please,
PLEASEEEE!!”
o0515034313311545357.gif

I always wanted a little sister like this!!

As an only child I always wished I had someone like this that depended on me a little… I would happily go out shopping for her!!

Here you go Umaru-chan!! I bought you all sorts of goodies!!
o0515034313311545358.gif

/Mission Complete!\

Which brings us to the next expression!

- Confident Expression -
o0515043213311528810.jpg

This one is also so, so cute! I wish I had more words to describe the cuteness!

She also comes with folded arm parts which just adds to the arrogant feeling behind the expression! Plus as you may have noticed in the previous gif animation… she also comes with even more junk food parts for the Umaru banquet!! ☆
o0515041113311528509.jpg

You can pose these around her, or pose her holding them… become her big brother and give her all sorts of goodies!! If you give her some of your favorite foods you’re sure to get a very happy expression – something like this one!!

- Excited Expression -
“Delicioumaru!!”
o0515050413311528808.jpg

Oooooooohhh!! (´□`。)

The problem is that once I see her enjoying them so much I won’t be able to stop giving her delicious goodies to see it more!!
----------
The fifth and final expression is…

- Smiling Expression -
o0515054413311528809.jpg

Nendoroid Angela Balzac

I recently changed into Summer pyjamas, but I get the feeling that it might have been a little too early after last night. However I know the hot and humid nights are on the way&#8230; ><

Anyway, today I&#8217;m going to be taking a look at&#8230;

Nendoroid Angela Balzac
o0515045613312521210.jpg

From the original anime film &#8216;Expelled from Paradise&#8217; comes a fully articulated Nendoroid of the heroine, Angela Balzac!

She comes with three expressions including her standard expression, an unsteady expression as well as a smiling expression. Optional parts include small parts such as her gun and scope, as well as a full body poncho to place around her to recreate even more scenes from the series!
Oooooooooooohhhh!! (*´&#1044;&#65344;)

The virtual world DEVA&#8217;s system security officer Angela Balzac is joining the Nendoroids in her material body form! The tight body suit, translucent accessories to her outfit and confident eyes have all been faithfully minimized into Nendoroid size! The pose with her hands on her hips also gives her a very cool and confident appearance!

This is how she looks from the back!

The star-shaped hair accessories that tie her hair up into twintails look lovely, and also have a Nendoroid joint at the connection point allowing for various different poses! I personally also really love the way her hair bursts out the bottom of the star accessories! (&#963;&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;)&#963;

Plus even as a Nendoroid, you can&#8217;t help but look&#8230;!

She just has such a lovely bottom, and the outfit emphasizes it so well!!

Also note the way that it has been sculpted to give that soft, touchable look! You need to run your own finger along it to understand the lovely roundness of this bottom!! &#9825; (* This is just to enjoy the amazing quality of the sculpting! Don&#8217;t get any funny ideas!)

Another thing you will notice from her legs is that she is actually a fully articulated Nendoroid! She has joints in her elbows and knees allowing for many more different poses! For example&#8230;.

&#9651; An action pose ready to fire her gun! &#9834;

The area underneath her breasts is also separated allowing the body to be twisted to various different angles! (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;)

You can see from above that her gun is included, but she also comes with her scope!
Nendo updates

Einbroch

Banned
I'm happy that number four didn't win. That's all I wanted. If four won I was seriously going to question the taste of the community.

#2 won? Damn it, I wanted the curling, bear ear beanie Miku.

Thank god #4 didn't win though. I was fully expecting it to thanks to how bland and safe the design was.

Blues1990

I'm looking forward to get my Mario Nendoroid, but I got an email saying that it's been delayed from it's original release date.

I also have Luigi, Link, & Isabelle, & they are all equally cute.

Top Bottom