• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Gaz_RB

So is this really worth the full price or should I wait for some sale? I'm afraid that it I wait for too long there won't be enough players.

It's worth full price if a multiplayer-only tactical fps with procedural destruction is worth $60 to you. It really depends on you.

To me, it's definitely worth $60. To someone who values a singleplayer tactical fps experience, it certainly won't.

gossi

Okay, got a working terrorist hunt match. A chemical bomb went off and the whole map turned into a yellow fog. It was amazing.

You got your wish :/ I won't be back home til later tonight.

I'm sorry.
RyanRenolyds-SlySmile.gif

Define later? What time we talking?

gossi

A surprising amount used them in the beta, about 2 other people and myself would be using mics, all 3 of us randoms.

Edit: this is out of 5 people so

Yeah, there's usually at least one other person with a mic on Xbone. Especially Terrorist Hunt mode.

In the Beta I ended up talking to some kid in terrorist hunt mode and we stayed together for like 3 hours it was pretty awesome.

tons of people seem to be using mics.

KaYotiX

Banned
Yeah, actually, more than I've seen with any game for a while. People are starting to realize how important teamwork is if you want to win. I do wish you could trash talk between rounds, though.

Nah, keep the dumb trash talk out. Id love one game with a decent community.

LAM09

Yeah, actually, more than I've seen with any game for a while. People are starting to realize how important teamwork is if you want to win. I do wish you could trash talk between rounds, though.

Good to hear, as there weren't many people that were during the beta.

Jamesways

I got some of the most fun out of the Vegas games doing Terrorist Hunt by myself. I know this has a lone wolf mode, how many maps are available for that?

I'm pretty terrible at deathmatch type online shooters.

I'm willing to give this a shot for the MP, but want to know if the SP lone wolf was more than a few maps.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So is this really worth the full price or should I wait for some sale? I'm afraid that it I wait for too long there won't be enough players.

This is why I sprung for the PC version. You can get an Nvidia code for $25-$30. For me that is the perfect price point for a multiplayer-only title like this.

I would not have purchased without a sale so if I was on console I would have been waiting a while.

Lingitiz

This is why I sprung for the PC version. You can get an Nvidia code for $25-$30. For me that is the perfect price point for a multiplayer-only title like this.

I would not have purchased without a sale so if I was on console I would have been waiting a while.

I might do this too, enjoyed the beta immensely and I really like the structure of the MP. I'm hoping this game doesn't have population issues on PC though.

Nvidia code was how I got this game. I wasn't actually gonna sink money on it even though I kinda liked what I played of the beta but since it came free with my card figured I may as well give it a shot. Not gonna lie, I'm salty that they chose this instead of JC3 but I do look forward to checking out the maps a bit more. It's a pity it's so damn ugly though, I was really looking for something to stretch my PC visually but it looks like I'll have to dive into the back catalog for that.

Gaz_RB

Nah, keep the dumb trash talk out. Id love one game with a decent community.

Polite, sportsmanlike banter, of course. More like...recycle talk than trash talk :D.

I'm sorry.
RyanRenolyds-SlySmile.gif

Define later? What time we talking?

I'll be on for awhile about 230 PT, then again around 7PT

I got some of the most fun out of the Vegas games doing Terrorist Hunt by myself. I know this has a lone wolf mode, how many maps are available for that?

I'm pretty terrible at deathmatch type online shooters.

I'm willing to give this a shot for the MP, but want to know if the SP lone wolf was more than a few maps.

11 maps can be played through solo in Situations and Terrorist Hunt. And if you get it and play MP, make sure you find a good team here on GAF or elsewhere. You use your brain in this game more often than you rely on shooting skills.I'd hesitate to call this a deathmatch type online shooter.

lordxar

They already sorted it out. Release didn't have the connection issues the beta had.

I think some of it was maintenance vs downtime. I did get to play some this morning before work and it was flawless but that was early. I didn't have any issues during the game but logging in was a bit of a problem.

Mentok

Banned
Exactly how i feel. It FINALLY feels like i have a console alternative to CS. It might not be a "true" Rainbow game... but every franchise needs to evolve (Maybe aside from CS lol) and i feel like this is a smart move to place R6:S in a truly unique category of shooter for consoles in particular.

R6:S to me is like playing a game of chess while playing a game of CoD or Destiny is like playing checkers or go fish.

This was what I LOVED about the Beta, when it was working. So no server issues now it seems? That's very odd, but if true I may have to pick it up sooner (I was going to wait for a boxing day sale since the game is $80 CAD and it would give them a month for the servers).

Animator

Asking again for the new page:

what percentage of a boost do you get with the season pass permanent boost?

edit: found it, it's %5

Jamesways

11 maps can be played through solo in Situations and Terrorist Hunt. And if you get it and play MP, make sure you find a good team here on GAF or elsewhere. You use your brain in this game more often than you rely on shooting skills.I'd hesitate to call this a deathmatch type online shooter.

Thanks, sounds good. And I know, this is the opposite of a team deathmatch run and gun game. Which sounds fantastic.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I have to save money so I'm getting it though gamefly.

I said I wouldn't but I couldn't let a good game down

keenerz

I'm seriously considering buying this. I really love the battlefield series and battlefront was a disappointment to me, considering I like the more technical and team based aspects of battlefield. Wondering if this the game to fill that technical FPS need for me?

Makikou

I'm seriously considering buying this. I really love the battlefield series and battlefront was a disappointment to me, considering I like the more technical and team based aspects of battlefield. Wondering if this the game to fill that technical FPS need for me?

Yes.

Caayn

Is there anyway to just play plain old Terrorist hunt (classic)? My buddy and I basically bought the game just for that mode. And we're really bummed that we can't select the type of mode, we can't even select the map, we'll be playing when playing a private match in Terrorist Hunt. Because most of the time we get the defending mode instead of the attacking one.

HiiiLife

Is there anyway to just play plain old Terrorist hunt (classic)? My buddy and I basically bought the game just for that mode. And we're really bummed that we can't select the type of mode, we can't even select the map, we'll be playing when playing a private match in Terrorist Hunt. Because most of the time we get the defending mode instead of the attacking one.

Try going into options and selecting matchmaking preferences. You can disable certain maps and gametypes and etc

Top Bottom