• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I knew the Silent Hill HD Collection was shoddy, but this right here is hilarious

Keinning

comic sans is pretty horrifying though

do you think real life ranchs use Helvetica for their signs? please. the HD team cares about your immersion

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, this must be a fake or an easter egg. Of all the fonts, Comic sans MS ? No way.

tAS1HAA.png

I've never even played Silent Hill (original or 'HD') but even I'm livid at their remastering 'efforts'. That water!

MwAvM.jpg

BiggNife

The HD remasters were based on early beta builds, right? I bet the Comic Sans was originally in there as a placeholder. Wouldn't be surprised if a dev made it that font as an inside joke for the team.

I know the port is bad, but why comic sans?

Like why......

That's the thing with the clowns that did the HD collection is they thought they knew better than the original creators. They made loads of creative changes that made the game worse.

Not just a technical mess.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What's a comic book font doing in Silent Hill?

Konami is exactly like stagnant water. When something of great value becomes toxic.

dan2026

You could say the Silent Hill HD collection is a mixed bag.
Now let me tell you what's in that fucking bag.

Sami+

I feel like it had to be a placeholder, but it's honestly funnier imagining some guy thinking this was a better artistic choice.

I'm fucking laughing out tears. Silent Hill 2 is my favourite game ever and Silent Hill 3 isn't too far behind. Maybe one day I will play the HD collection so they will be actual tears.

Anung

Un Rama
Konami LOST THE FUCKING SOURCE CODE FOR SILENT HILL games. Don't blame the "clowns" dude, it's Konami's fault https://www.gamespot.com/forums/gam...-mean-when-they-lost-source-code-wh-33105083/

These clowns still did a awful patch job instead of doing it properly by reverse engineering from any Silent Hill 2 or 3 disc. I'm sure even konami have copies or their games laying around...or they could have just gone to a store.

They chose to pump out shoddy trash to cash in on the name for a quick buck than actually do the work. It should have been Bluepoint.

It's really a bummer, as I've never played the Silent Hill games and I'd love to. Is there any way to play Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3 on a modern system with HDMI? Or PC?

gafneo

Banned
Silent Hill 2 got bad VO in the rerelease. Seems like a trend in Konami ports because...

Metal Gear Solid- corny over the top redubbing
Symphony of the Night PSP- Boring VO recast & changed script.

It is so confusing why they would go out of their way to hack something that's been handled with mastery.

It's really a bummer, as I've never played the Silent Hill games and I'd love to. Is there any way to play Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3 on a modern system with HDMI? Or PC?

You can buy a backwards compatible PS3 and play the PS1/PS2 games through HDMI.

PC you can run emulators or the PC versions, which have been modded pretty thoroughly to be as good as possible on modern setups.

Original hardware is always king though, if that's an option for you. It's honesty worth it for these games..they're that good.

Top Bottom