• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

xTOXNx

Banned
Stitch said:
i hope that he confirms a online mode in the next update.

I'd doubt it. I'd say the time we waited from the trailer to thios is the same amount of time we will have to wait before we get another big update. =p

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
good news.
but not nearly as good as if he just posted.

Feeling lonely today?
Then log on and play against 3 other players online, worldwide! Fun for everyone!
We are the world. We are the children. Live in your world, Smash in ours.

Odinson

Great update! I need to get a new wave bird the one I have now is showing it's age. (analog sticking) Can't wait to try out the wiimote, wiimote+nunchuk control methods.

Wow, that's nice. Four control methods! Sakurai hints at the fact that the wiimote only controls could use motion sensing (because otherwise there is a lack of buttons...).

thefro

EternalDarko said:
I'm pretty surprised. I didn't think he'd support every one of them like that. The more choice in control, the better I guess. I'm pretty open, so even though I'm used to the control method in Melee, I'm more than happy to change if there is a better alternative.......or stick to what I know as it may turn out.

Well, you get GC + Classic free, and he had to support Wiimote + Nunchuck. The surprise is the Wiimote only config.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Xun said:
japantimeac9.jpg
Actually it does.

Stop. Japan Time.

JapanTime.gif

P.S. Wavebird for me! =D =D

tim1138

Cyan said:
Oh good. Now we don't have to hear endless arguments about control schemes anymore.

At least until the games out and people argue over which is the real way to play the game. :lol

PkunkFury

Kabuki Waq said:
do the control schemes actually use the motion sensor tho? is there really apoint to getting hyped up if it doesnt?

I think people are hyped because the GC controller is still an option. It was obvious they couldn't launch the game built for a controller that wasn't bundled with the system, so people were getting nervous they'd axe the GC support.

We're also interested in the fact that Wiimote only is an option, since it must use motion sensors somehow to get analog movement. Wiimote plus nunchuck likeley doesn't use waggle, unless it is a c-stick substitute, since all buttons are accounted for

Due to the simplified wiimote control , Nintendo will be able to sell this game to the "nongamers" "lapsed gamers" crowd.

This could be an even bigger monster hit.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Starchasing said:
Due to the simplified wiimote control , Nintendo will be able to sell this game to the "nongamers" "lapsed gamers" crowd.

This could be an even bigger monster hit.
I stopped playing fighting games after Street Fighter 3. I tried to give Soul Calibur its chance but that was the start of me being bored to learn dozens of moves for each characters. i don't play any fighting game anymore, because of that. If they can somehow make the controls easy to learn and intuitive, I may give this one its chance.

And please bring me Street Fighter 4 and a new Kof so that I can feel like a hardcore gamer again.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This is absolutely fantastic news!!! :D

Sakurai is really listening to his fans with this one, he gets my utmost respect for that...

ksamedi

turkification said:
awesome controls. I wish they did this also for mario smash football :(

????
I dont get this point, That game would be worse with classic controls. Megastrikes would be impossible to stop, and its very intuitive to begin with. Again, i dont get your point.

bluemax

Banned
marc^o^ said:
I stopped playing fighting games after Street Fighter 3. I tried to give Soul Calibur its chance but that was the start of me being bored to learn dozens of moves for each characters. i don't play any fighting game anymore, because of that. If they can somehow make the controls easy to learn and intuitive, I may give this one its chance.

And please bring me Street Fighter 4 and a new Kof so that I can feel like a hardcore gamer again.

Smash isn't designed to be off putting like those games though. It is designed as an easily accessible party game. It makes sense that they'd have a variety of control options for a game designed to be played by anyone in the first place.

Proven

usea said:
1) hit up and A at the same time.
2) move the stick up only half-way, before it jumps but while it still recognizes you're pressing up.
3) move the stick upwards slowly enough that it doesn't recognize a jump. you can go all the way up with this method
4) hit the cstick up.

1) This is what I usually do. Half the time the game registers it as a jump and then u-air anyway for some reason
2) I think I already said I have a problem with tilting, as with why I want the option to have the jump separated from tapping up. If I didn't, then here it is. Plus the game is so fast paced doing anything but smashing the control stick takes an extra moment out of me, which can be life or death in smash.
3) This is what I want to do if I want to be extra careful. But it is also slow. As I said above, a slow moment can mean life or death.
4) I've found that the c-stick works better for those who tap up to jump. At least with the c-stick you can still attack and/or get to B and I guess A quickly. But my finger needs to stay near X (or Y) in order to jump at a moment's notice.

The main reason I quoted you was not because I did not know these possible, but sub-par (for me and I believe similar players) solutions. It's because you said I wasn't pressing the buttons right. Glad to see there wasn't anything I didn't already know about.

If there is no option to not jump with Up, then I'll just have to use Up instead of a button to jump as the other controls favor that way. (You wouldn't believe how annoyed I was by the fact that simple mode in Melee forced you to only use Up to jump. Yes, I know it was part of the description, but I would have liked that one allowance).

There are pros and cons to control-stick jumping. For instance, it'd be pretty hard to ledge-hop without it. Anyway, it's really not hard to reach for the c-stick after pressing jump, and in the situations where you need your u-air to come out FAST, it just takes a bit of practice to learn to do it without using your second jump.

Berserker said:
I like the prospect of playing with 4 friends and each using different controllers.:D

The update is in the game modes section, so i assume that they are 4 diiferent modes with 4 different controllers. From what i understand when you choose a mode everyone plays with the same controller.

Starchasing said:
The update is in the game modes section, so i assume that they are 4 diiferent modes with 4 different controllers. From what i understand when you choose a mode everyone plays with the same controller.

68bw6l4.jpg

Alkaliine said:
What about those who don't have a GC controller? Their experience shouldn't be gimped.

Who cares? Their problem. I'm just glad GCN is in. Well, it was confirmed long ago, but confirmation is all I need.

Memles

This might be old news, but since when has the release date said "Planned for 2007 Release" as opposed to "Release: 2007"?

As for the control scheme, looks like Classic Controller for me perhaps, depending on the Nunchuck/NES Style ones. Plugging in the GameCube controller is unseemly and I like the feel of the Classic Controller.

Starchasing said:

:lol Oh, boy. It begins anew.

I suppose next you're going to be telling me that Sakurai said this in an interview, mm?

Memles said:
This might be old news, but since when has the release date said "Planned for 2007 Release" as opposed to "Release: 2007"

It's said that since the site relaunched. It never said "Release: 2007" on the new site.

Stalfos said:
Nice update, does this open up the possibility of 8 player Smash Bros?
To get even goofier, does the Classic Controller override regular wiimote button presses, or could the system tell them apart? Have one person on the remote, and another on the connected classic controller.

Firestorm

kirbutashi said:

Holy crap. That is. Wow.

And damn, Sakurai is my favourite game designer ever. I bought a Wavebird a couple of months ago almost specifically for this game! And also because we played so much Melee that one of my controllers is unuseable, one is getting to unuseable, and one is halfway to unuseable.

Nintendo controllers are not durable >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom