• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter [Kickstarter = Funded] Wii-U Stretch at 550K, Ends Oct 12

Just watched the video on the page there. My goodness, that's beautiful! Backed it for $15. Reminds me of Superbrothers crossed with Another World, the gameplay of Alundra and the atmosphere of a ruined world from Secret of Evermore.

Miker

Is it just me, or is the main character's design reminiscent of Zero from the Mega Man Zero series? The gun and the lightsword do it for me.

molnizzle

Man, not even a console stretch goal? Yeesh. Don't these guys realize that that's how you double your Kickstarter haul?

Will back when there's a console version listed.

LtOrange

The art style and soundtrack just put a huge smile on my face while watching that trailer. God damn that was fantastic!

kidko

Updated the OP with the hilarious reaction from the dev about waking up to finding his project funded. At this moment it's about to hit $60K!

Hmm, Maybe I should include that cool stretch goal img too

Seanspeed

Banned
Saw this in the Steam thread thanks to Nillansan. Looked great.

Then I watched the trailer.

Just wow. I desperately want this game.

Slixshot

Banned
Saw the screens and was pretty excited.

Then I clicked on the trailer.

PEUxb.gif

hahahahah I felt the same way :D

Disasterpiece was an EXCELLENT choice!

kidko

Dang, they just crossed the $64K Mark! Will update the OP with the new stretch goals graphic once they post it

Guess 100k is quite feasible now that it is gaining momentum.
Need more exciting stretch goals :D

I have a feeling he wasn't sure if it would go more than 100K lol. But seriously, after Co-op campaign, what else is there that we would want? Custom skins?

Wow, this game for the most part is a total realization of a story I was writing. It looks amazing and is so up my alley. I'm definitely backing this.

Naito

Update #4 is out!

He's evaluating international shipping for the Resplendant Print tier – suppose I'll up my pledge when it will happen.
And it seems there will be meaty infos on the combat mechanics in the near future.

nowai

Backed! Love the art style and I'm really glad the stretch goal for an animator was funded because the character animations need some serious love and attention.

Top Bottom