• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Standards must be pretty low if people are excited to see a 4 month budget get passed.

Standards must be pretty low if people are excited to see a 4 month budget get passed.

A win is a win.

C-tk-MkW0AEElLz.jpg

lol, Trump is going to have to sign a bill that has D-led health care spending add-ons? This'll be fun. Hope no one tells him so he can only get angry afterwards.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know what agencies have a budget now?
I would like to call this a victory but it seems like there is something more sinister going in here.

It never felt to me like there was that much passion from the republican side to do anything huge with this budget, outside of trump briefly threatening a veto if no wall funding. That's why I don't really expect anything too bad from this budget.

They might try to do more with the budget for 2018 when it has a bigger effect and are they are less distracted with rushing through those obama rule disapprovals and the healthcare bill.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
It never felt to me like there was that much passion from the republican side to do anything huge with this budget, outside of trump briefly threatening a veto if no wall funding. That's why I don't really expect anything too bad from this budget.

Once again the Master Negotiator places himself in a no win situation caught between his promise to build the wall and his promise that Mexico will pay for it.

Maybe it's just me, but I just feel exhausted and depressed with the constant news coming in from Trump or the GOP. Maybe it's finally getting to me now.
Has anybody else felt the same way?

Maybe it's just me, but I feeling exhausted and depressed with the constant news coming in from Trump or the GOP. Maybe it's finally getting to me now.

It is more depressing when you realize that Trump's fan base will never not see him as God. The chances that if the Hillary-Trump election happens right now and Trump again wins due to PA,MI,WI,FL whole Clinton probably wins by 3-4% points even instead of 2 makes me more depressed.

Trump can break all of his promises and his base will just see it as some genius negotiation strategy.

And all he has to do is bomb a country or read a speech exactly as written by some speechwriter for media to go ga-ga over him.

Maybe it's just me, but I just feel exhausted and depressed with the constant news coming in from Trump or the GOP. Maybe it's finally getting to me now.
I've been beginning to just not care. A lot of the latest news hasn't really been breaking the mainstream and it's a whole bunch of dick measuring that ends up exactly where he started. It's getting old.

Pixieking

Banned
The blessing and the curse of the administration so far is that they're ignorant, to the point of not even being aware of how ignorant that actually are.

The blessing is that unless Trump and the GOP unify - which seems impossible at this moment in time - these past 100 days are a good indicator of Trump's next 1300-odd days. Ramble on incoherently, go golfing, be stupid, say stupid things, pretend he's awesome, make money, ignore how government works... All of this is bad, but not as bad as we feared the morning after the election.

But the curse is that we have to stress and worry about an incompetent, immoral, below-average-IQ clown in what, until now, has been the most important and powerful elected position in the world.

And that's just bloody tiring.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I work in public education an we've been in a holding pattern waiting for this budget so we can get federal funding. Any idea if education took a hit?

This looks like a budget Democrats would have passed had they held the House and nothing else

Ryan is completely useless if he's letting Pelosi take control

Guess he's training her for when she takes over

This looks like a budget Democrats would have passed had they held the House and nothing else

Ryan doesn't have an option. He knows he can't cobble together just GOP votes for a budget, so he will need Dem help.

Is Ryan going to lose his speakership over this budget? From a freedom caucus/talk radio perspective, he just looks like a sellout, no?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He does have an option

Git gud at his job or resign. If I were a republican, I'd be furious with how poor of a speaker Ryan is.

You're assuming unity on behalf of the Republicans though. They can't agree on what they want to do. If Ryan manhandled one particular faction, they'd be furious at how poor a speaker he was for not taking their faction's position into account. He can't possibly do his job well.

He does have an option

Git gud at his job or resign. If I were a republican, I'd be furious with how poor of a speaker Ryan is.

They will never be able to agree who to vote for speaker if Ryan resigns either. I would love to see him resign.

Actually, best would be to lose his fucking seat in 2018. Dems better get a good challenger against Ryan.

You're assuming unity on behalf of the Republicans though. They can't agree on what they want to do. If Ryan manhandled one particular faction, they'd be furious at how poor a speaker he was for not taking their faction's position into account. He can't possibly do his job well.

A better Speaker would be a lot closer to consensus than Ryan is now. It's not like he's picking one faction over the other; he's got nothing but shit from either direction, and that could change under a better Speaker.

Them not being able to agree is a failing of Ryan

That's kind of his job

Wilsongt

Just saw the Trump tweetstorm about Democrats being obstructionist and Obamacare being dead.

When he dies, he just needs to be buried with his Ls, in an Lshaped coffin, in an L shaped grave, with an L shaped tombstone.

sazzy

Just saw the Trump tweetstorm about Democrats being obstructionist and Obamacare being dead.

When he dies, he just needs to be buried with his Ls, in an Lshaped coffin, in an L shaped grave, with an L shaped tombstone.

He's going to get a state funeral.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I like gillary but I don't think she can win. I think she's a real liberal (like Hillary) so I don't have any policy issues, but she's literally Hillary 2. The same issues will be there. Except the email server.

Will people think she's unlikable? Because she's a woman probably...ugh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
We should probably have a discussion about this one:

Greg Sargent‏Verified account @ThePlumLineGS 33m33 minutes ago

Greg Sargent Retweeted Greg Sargent

A large percentage of voters who switched from Obama to Trump say Dems favor the wealthy, internal Dem poll shows:

Gee, I wonder if Bernie "Political Poison" Sanders had anything to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom