• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

NSESN

Imo Bones should expand the first part of the License arc, aka the good part, and fast-forward the second part, that way we will have more Camie and less Inasa.

Meffer

This is going to be animated next reason.
tumblr_inline_ox5e648e1R1qi5jga_540.png

Meffer

What was this again, they saw her room or something, I forgot

It was after everyone showed their rooms. Tsuyu didn't show hers because she was in her room. This moment is when she expresses her feelings and regrets saying "If we go and try to save Bakugo on our own, we're no better than the villains." She didn't want what she said affect their friendship with each other because of the moral ambiguity of the earlier situation. So she apologizes.

MrCinos

Imo Bones should expand the first part of the License arc, aka the good part, and fast-forward the second part, that way we will have more Camie and less Inasa.

While Inasa's backstory is probably the single weakest subplot so far, I want to see more from Orca in anime.

NSESN

It was after everyone showed their rooms. Tsuyu didn't show hers because she was in her room. This moment is when she expresses her feelings and regrets saying "If we go and try to save Bakugo on our own, we're no better than the villains." She didn't want what she said affect their friendship with each other because of the moral ambiguity of the earlier situation. So she apologizes.
It isn't like she was wrong.

While Inasa's backstory is probably the single weakest subplot so far, I want to see more from Orca in anime.

You are right. So less Inasa backstory and more action.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Differences between the Shonen Jump release of when Deku first meets Chisaki and the volume release.

Old
New

Any more of these? There's one chapter where the whole thing looked like a rough sketch, wondering what that ended up looking like in the volume.

Veelk

Banned
Differences between the Shonen Jump release of when Deku first meets Chisaki and the volume release.

Old
New

While that's great, can someone explain to me why volumes ruin double pages?

The Shonen releases have the image as a proper singular page. Volume releases cut the page in half and when you put them together, there is a gap in the thats just gone. In some Manga the page is straight up warped and doesn't fit together anymore. I can't understand why they do this.

Jintor

I think that mag release is taken from the digital site right? I would guess the physical mag releases would also cut off the middle due to physical binding. I don't really know the specifics though.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I think that mag release is taken from the digital site right? I would guess the physical mag releases would also cut off the middle due to physical binding. I don't really know the specifics though.

No you're right. The last image is obviously from a scanner. Similarly, I attribute the old image less to sheer difference in quality between weekly release and volume and more to early signs of Hiroshiki's deteriorating health (which I guess started waaaay early than I thought it did :/ )

While that's great, can someone explain to me why volumes ruin double pages?

The Shonen releases have the image as a proper singular page. Volume releases cut the page in half and when you put them together, there is a gap in the thats just gone. In some Manga the page is straight up warped and doesn't fit together anymore. I can't understand why they do this.

Collected manga volumes are almost uniformly terrible in quality. Atrocious gutter loss. Printed on what's basically newsprint.

And stupidly expensive to boot.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know it is serious when he talked about it instead of S3 being announced.

Mweh it makes sense given how he missed a week that he would want to apologize to the readers eagerly awaiting the chapter, especially such an important one in the arc.

After all the S3 announcement was in the title panel.

Man, I've been blowing through my anime backlog as of late and with this on hiatus, I need to find something new to dig into.

Any hidden gems on Crunchyroll I should dive into? I hear Mob Psycho is decent.

Earth

Banned
I feel like Horikoshi probably needs an extended break now and consecutive breaks after/if he returns (maybe switch to Ultra Jump and make MHA a monthly seinen covering more realistic themes like puberty, sex, depression etc???).

ch 154
I guess Nighteye is now Deadeye.

Guess they addressed the permanent thing. Mirio bummed out :(

Did I miss where in the chapter this was mentioned?

Very curious if we'd really get a death this arc, seems really close and likely.

-
Vizilantes 10

That seemed so short. Previous chapters were a bit more exciting, though Im starting to like this artists artstyle.

Chapter's out.

Wowowow dude, that was intense af. Finally the girls are here!

Interesting if Nighteye actually saw both him and Midoriya dying.

Ha, I wonder if Horikoshi was paying attention to the questions on where the girls were.

Still, love the entrance. Found it interesting on how they make explicit the point that why Deku got hit was that his moves are a lot easier to follow and predict than the other two.

Also maaaaan Eri needs more hugs.

caliph95

Guess the mask wasn't to hide a clock head like some thought but his beautiful face and he can put people in stasis

So we were right Nighteye saw his death but it's with Deku so he's definitely not dying

Eri is definitely his daughter then

Overhaul went Deidara on us

Is it me or was some of the art hard to follow during the action

Lakuza

Guess the mask wasn't to hide a clock head like some thought but his beautiful face and he can put people in stasis

So we were right Nighteye saw his death but it's with Deku so he's definitely not dying

Eri is definitely his daughter then

Overhaul went Deidara on us

Is it me or was some of the art hard to follow during the action

the translation i was reading didn't make it completely clear on whether its his daughter or not.The translators note was implying that its the original boss's daughter (the one in the bed that overhaul spoke to briefly before the battles began).

and the art is hard to follow due to horikoshi's health, it'll be improved and fixed for the volumes that release later on.

Top Bottom