• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria pops up in Steam database

Kane1345

ggf97r25.gif

royox

If this happens I will have no doubt FFXV will some day reach steam...and then I will have absolute 0 reasons to buy a console.

I really hope that Tales games get the Steam treatment so it can grab more sells in the west.

Tales is such a great franchise that deserves to be exposed to wider audience.

With the low sales of Zestiria in Japan.. They must know now that they can't just depends on there for the most sales numbers anymore, they need to attract the western audience.

PS4 + PC = good sales numbers.

FLD

Oh man, I tried the Tales series last year and was rather disappointed, to the point that I've yet to touch my copy of Xillia. But this might get me to give it another shot.

Aeana

Now everyone will get to experience this bad game. =/

I think that's a bit harsh, kayos, especially when considered within the Tales series itself, it's one of the better ones and you and I both know it! Even if the skill system is a major disappointment!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Odd that the sub is of the Free on Demand type. Somebody either stuffed up or is having a bit of fun.

Edit: To clarify:
To be clear, in terms of potential stuff-ups I think it's more likely that whoever uploaded the app accidentally flagged the game as free-to-play rather than got the name wildly wrong. Steam's backend generates three subs by default for all newly-uploaded apps: store + retail/beta testing/dev subs for paid content and free-on-demand/beta testing/dev subs for free content.

RPGCrazied

I think that's a bit harsh, kayos, especially when considered within the Tales series itself, it's one of the better ones and you and I both know it! Even if the skill system is a major disappointment!

How does it stack up with Graces F and XIllia? How long did it take you to beat?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This isn't "Tales of Vesperia PS3 hitting PC." :|

Brazil said:
Japan finding out about Steam is such a beautiful thing.

More like Japanese Publishers not the public at large yeah?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Isn't Tales of Symphonia the one people love the most? How does this one compare?

Three-way tie for the favorite one, that differenates on who you ask. The three most loved ones in about equal measure are Symphonia, Vesperia, and Abyss. Not sure how this one compares though, came out in Japan only a few weeks ago and not out anywhere else yet.

Tizoc

OK fine. I didn't wanna play any Tales games due to their anime-ness, but I may just give this a chance if the gameplay's good.

Kamion

Yessss, 60 fps please!
And then a PS4 version with the same technical upgrades.

I know Zestiria gets a lot of hate but I like it enough to buy it again if that's the case.

Aeana

How does it stack up with Graces F and XIllia? How long did it take you to beat?

I'll always like Graces more, because it has the perfect combination of battle system and auxiliary systems. Zestiria has a good combat system, but the auxiliary systems are not so great. The fields are better than Xillia's... actually everything's better than Xillia to me, even the story/characters.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

How does it compare with Symphonia? I only ever played that and Phantasia.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If that's the case... :"""(

To be clear, in terms of potential stuff-ups I think it's more likely that whoever uploaded the app accidentally flagged the game as free-to-play rather than got the name wildly wrong. Steam's backend generates three subs by default for all newly-uploaded apps: store + retail/beta testing/dev subs for paid content and free-on-demand/beta testing/dev subs for free content.

kewlmyc

I really hope that Tales games get the Steam treatment so it can grab more sells in the west.

Tales is such a great franchise that deserves to be exposed to wider audience.

With the low sales of Zestiria in Japan.. They must know now that they can't just depends on there for the most sales numbers anymore, they need to attract the western audience.

PS4 + PC = good sales numbers.

How is 350k low sales?

Also, why are people still crying about Vesperia?

Data-Star-Trek-Fist-Pump.gif

When Bamco started to bring stuff to Steam, my biggest hope was for the Tales series. If this actually happens, the hype will be too real.

I don't know if I care for Zestiria though.

We're seeing JRPGs pop up left and right on Steam. If Tales games start going up on PC, I think it's only a matter of time before Persona 5 follows, especially with how PC-focused Sega is.

Khrno

I've liked this recent trend when games I want on PS3 are leaked/announced for PC before they are released on PS3, so I can just wait for the superior version.

Top Bottom