• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2013.5.31 MH4 & AA5 - 8 pm Japan Time, 12 pm BST, 7 am EDT, 4 am PDT

Shahadan

I would love a game where you can choose to play any of the attorneys with a branching path system like VLR's, only getting the full picture by using all characters *_*

thefro

Gjf1zDt.gif

Jif version

Now we just need a version with the English "OBJECTION!" added in

Akai

Just noticing, Phoenix's sprite looks properly aged/ragged from the last few years, but his 3D model still looks as young and spry as ever. You'd think after all these years he'd have matured a bit, but no, judging from the in-game shots he still goes into bouts of panic when being called out and what not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily complaining, but I was enjoying his role as a mentorin AA4, and while I'm not upset about him being playable in 5, I was just hoping we'd get to play bad ass older phoenix who doesn't flinch for anything and leave the more comedic aspects to those young-ins introduced in 4.

In one of the latest trailers Phoenix notes that he's a bit nervous since he hasn't defended a client in a long time. It's possible he regains his confidence as the game progresses. I think Capcom mainly wanted to play off his nostalgia reactions, though, and show them off in 3D...

Oh, and great to see Pearls! Can't wait to see what Maya looks like!

In one of the latest trailers Phoenix notes that he's a bit nervous since he hasn't defended a client in a long time. It's possible he regains his confidence as the game progresses. I think Capcom mainly wanted to play off his nostalgia emotions, though, and show them off in 3D...

Yeah I can understand why they did it, I just think it would have made for a more interesting dynamic to have Phoenix being stoic and "in charge" to reflect his now many years in practice and the harsh realities he's faced since then. Some people just never really fully "grow up" and I'm okay with that if that's the choice the writers have made for him.

I see Edgeworth is still a big fan of the Steel Samurai. Didn't that show get replaced by Pink Princess a long time ago?

Edgeworth is a man of taste, sir.

Actually, he's just a huge Steel Samurai fanboy.

Also, why the hell isn't this new AA5 trailer/info in its own thread? Ace Iwata alone makes one necessary.

Elfteiroh

I see Edgeworth is still a big fan of the Steel Samurai. Didn't that show get replaced by Pink Princess a long time ago?

Well, if I remember correctly, that statue was a gift he received, so he can't really get rid of it... Bah, who i'm kidding? He's really still a fan. :p
I love that there is still the flowers too and his lucky shirt. :p I wonder if he fixed the bullet hole?

So Franziska is White, Godot is Green, and Edgeworth is Pink!

And Gumshoe is
the non-existent
Brown! :(
Damn, I really hope he'll make a come-back somehow!

Lusankya

And Gumshoe is
the non-existent
Brown! :(
Damn, I really hope he'll make a come-back somehow!
I don't. He appeared in every single AA/AAI game up until now and characters like Ema have more rights to be in AA5.

Edgeworth can mention Gumshoe, e.g. that he got transfered somewhere because of his incompetence or whatever. That should be enough of an appearance.

Fat Goron

I don't know if I like all these returning characters in Ace Attorney 5. I don't want the story to become a mess just so we can have loads of fan service. =/

spiritfox

I don't. He appeared in every single AA/AAI game up until now and characters like Ema have more rights to be in AA5.

Edgeworth can mention Gumshoe, e.g. that he got transfered somewhere because of his incompetence or whatever. That should be enough of an appearance.

Maybe he's now the police chief.

Who am I kidding.

Lusankya

I don't know if I like all these returning characters in Ace Attorney 5. I don't want the story to become a mess just so we can have loads of fan service. =/

Currently we only know of seven returning characters (Phoenix, Apollo, Trucy, Judge, Edgeworth, Klavier, Pearl). We had ten in JFA (Phoenix, Maya, Mia, Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Judge, Payne, Lotta, Oldbag, Powers) and 13 in T&T (7 from JFA + Pearl, Franziska, Grossberg, Andrews, Larry, Maggey).

I think nobody ever complained about the number of returning characters in JFA and T&T.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome to see Klavier and Pearl returning. Can't wait to hear what happened to them between games.

& dat Iwata Wright.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
man the new prosecutor looks fucking BOSS, basically a homage to Tezuka's Black Jack which was already badass to begin with

Top Bottom