• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
None of y'all have shit on me.

0-10 matchup vs. Smurfx
0-10 matchup vs. Bark
0-10 matchup vs. Parallax
Plays Iron Man
0-10 matchup vs. Nils
And more.

Nedjoe said:
Glad that Eb competition video is in the OP. It's the best.
It doesn't get enough love IMO. The part where it just suddenly cuts to Wesker and Ryu chillin there with the blue hyper lights at the back has me DYING of laughter every single time.

I never even tried playing against anyone on MarvelGAF's 360 division. I'd love to try some time, though. I'm fairly certain I am incredibly incompetent, though. :D

If we're having a worst player competition, then I don't think you guys can hang with me.

I have literally never come across anyone online with a lower win-loss record than myself!

Dude I bet if it was SNES Firebrand people would be all over his ass. Specially if he rocked ultimate demon form.
Maybe he'll get his ultimate form as his DLC costume...

I need game. I need game nao. =(
Me too. -_-

was thinking about running Firebrand and maybe Nova with him. Who has a beam assist from the new cast? Dr Strange? Firebrand + Tron + someone else with a beam assist. Maybe Vergil, that's kinda like a beam.
Don't use Dr. Strange's beam, it's duckable. Players already want to duck and anti-air Tron by default. Personally, I like to make a list of criteria for what I need on a team. Example:

I know I want Dormammu/Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer). I don't like putting Dormammu on point, so I want a point character that:

1) Can handle being on point without assists.
2) Can use excess meter if the match is going well.
3) Can provide safe DHCs for Dormammu if I throw out a bad Stalking Flare.

Only a handful of characters meet 1), which is the most important criteria. Of those characters, I can rule out certain prospects, like MODOK, thanks to 2). Then, characters like Trish get removed due to 3). What I am left with is a short list of maybe 3-4 characters to choose from. All that is left is to see which one fits best in terms of assist synergy and DHC options!

The result of my analysis was Firebrand - he's pretty much perfection in every respect I need him to be. Excellent flight delay, has two utility hypers that he would love to get more uses out of, and Luminous Body provides a safe DHC for Dormammu.

Ah. Gotcha. Yeah he looks pretty weird and its hard to have a personality when you don't really have a voice that says anything other than "CAAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!!!"
I like him because his power is natural. I really don't like characters that get their power via tools and technology. He's a noble warrior hero - I think there's some personality to him, but it's not in the same way Deadpool or someone has it.

Long time lurker of the MVC threads, just wanted to pop in and say you did a fantastic job with the OP! love it (I know people get tired of posts like this but who cares)
People who put time into these things love acknowledgment.

OMG THIS WHOLE THING IS FUCKING HILARIOUS...
http://awthredestim.blogspot.com/201...-crush-on.html
I have no words for the amounts of fail I see.
Luckily we have invented one, single word that encompasses that fail, and it is another word starting with an "f".

ReiGun

I've hardly played anyone on PSN Gaf. I played a set with Q once. It was like 26-2 Q...

Take from that what you will...

shaowebb

I play bottom tier characters with mobility problems every match in some way shape or form, plus I play characters that have high learning curves and nothing in between.

Dynasty Penguin
360-Gaf

I'm the cause of my own self destruction...well that and lack of playtime due to college :D

I play Ryu, Spencer, Sentinel, Haggar, and I'm planning on adding a lot of Iron Fist,Nova, Super Skrull, Magneto, Rocket Raccoon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
no wonder, that people here didn't play much on 360 for MVC3 :(

I kept checking MVC3GAF and don't see anyone play mvc3 expect guardian.

Y'all should add me, but I'm very reluctant giving out stuff like gamertags etc. in public, so everyone who wants to add me can just send me a PM with their tags so I can add them =P

Also, in terms of gameplay:
I played about 20 minutes totals online, and played a few games offline in the local fighting game venue here. Got mostly wiped.

mileS

Jintor said:
I've never played online.

I haven't yet put in the time to learn bread and butters.

Same here. Still love the discussion in these threads and following the competitive scene with all the streams out there. I always convince myself I don't have the time to get good at these games but yet I spend hours on end watching streams instead. Oh well its what I enjoy more I guess.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People on 360 definitely play MvC3. Just at pretty different times of day cause of timezones.

People add the new gamertag: MahvelGAF if you want to get in on the shenanigans and we can get it poppin'. Scrubs, pros, it's all love with spectator lobbies this time around. I'm thinking about investing some proper time in online this time around too.

I wonder: has anyone actually played Dahbomb? :lol

I temporarily sold my soul to Gears 3 and more recently Forza 4, but even more recently.. school :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Becquerel said:
Y'all should add me, but I'm very reluctant giving out stuff like gamertags etc. in public, so everyone who wants to add me can just send me a PM with their tags so I can add them =P

Also, in terms of gameplay:
I played about 20 minutes totals online, and played a few games offline in the local fighting game venue here. Got mostly wiped.

Alright, send!

Becquerel said:
Why is MahvelGAF a girl, and why did she unlock so many achievements? :lol

It was random on xbox.com. It assigned me with girl avatar too...... (I don't remembered how it happened.)

I was sick for two days so I am killing the time with other account and terrorizing people on 360.

Added you, Heath. Also, I'm deliberately using a girl as avatar, though everyone who will see that avatar will immediately know why. ...hah!

Toski

I'm gonna rock Spider-Man/Hawkeye/Nova and hope for the best.

And I'm the worst Xbox Live Mahvel player on GAF.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
Why is MahvelGAF a girl, and why did she unlock so many achievements? :lol
IntelliHeath is moonlighting as a mahvel seductress.

But seriously though, I welcome everyone to join me in scrubGAF.

Let me tell y'all something:

I'm actually really afraid of playing online. Fucking terrified, sometimes I even go appear offline just to train in training mode and not have the risk of being challenged unprepared. It's not even because I don't like playing online, I do, and have LOTS of fun when I do play online, but mustering up the courage to get up to that point is hard for me. It's weird, because I don't even get mad when I get blown up. It's the strangest kind of anxiety I can't explain, it's just how I feel. I never get upset at being ass at this game (or any other) because I'm an optimist and look towards how I can improve, seeing how I can counter strategies. I'll play sets where I've lost ten games in a row+ just to get the practice in, cause that's all it comes down to: practice. You have to put that investment into training mode. And if your not training mode all day, you gotta have your ear to the internet to see what others are brewing up so you can be ready for it.

But that's what makes it fun. Everytime Nils Rage Triggers (or whatever X-23's cinematic hyper is called) through my Iron Avenger I burst out into laughter, and then try to avoid finding myself in those situations later.

We can grow together, ScrubGAF! :D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:

I'm actually really afraid of playing online. Fucking terrified, sometimes I even go appear offline just to train in training mode and not have the risk of being challenged unprepared. It's not even because I don't like playing online, I do, and have LOTS of fun when I do play online, but mustering up the courage to get up to that point is hard for me. It's weird, because I don't even get mad when I get blown up. It's the strangest kind of anxiety I can't explain, it's just how I feel. I never get upset at being ass at this game (or any other) because I'm an optimist and look towards how I can improve, seeing how I can counter strategies. I'll play sets where I've lost ten games in a row+ just to get the practice in, cause that's all it comes down to: practice. You have to put that investment into training mode. And if your not training mode all day, you gotta have your ear to the internet to see what others are brewing up so you can be ready for it.

But that's what makes it fun. Everytime Nils Rage Triggers (or whatever X-23's cinematic hyper is called) through my Iron Avenger I burst out into laughter, and then try to avoid finding myself in those situations later.

I think I am scrub too but I can't be sure until I fight every scrubs on GAF first.

EYEL1NER

Nice OT.
I'm glad to see that a lot of it is text and not images. It means I will be able to read it at work.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:

Are you me? No seriously. The only thing I'd add is that I only get salty/straight up fucking mad is when I feel like I'm not learning or not seeing things faster when I know I can. I'm using Marvel as a test bed for my ability to be creative and actually solid at fighters but I can already see hopelessly bad blowouts, seeing things happen without the slightest damn clue how to recreate them or even describe them, and a near constant state of feeling random.

But fuck if I care, it's Mahvel and I've been on the hype train forever. ;)

ReiGun

I do nothing but play online. I know that's terrible, cause I mean hell, I'm still using day one tech, but meh. I just really don't know how to use training mode. lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can hang with Live and more than hang with PSN GAF in AE. Marvel 3 not so, Marvel 2 and all the other versus fighters yes. Never took Marvel 3 seriously. I still despise the 3 main attack buttons and launcher.

Vanilla Mahvel was actually the first ever game that I got a Platinum trophy for.

Will be getting the Platinum trophy for Ultimate.

enzo_gt said:

Hahaha, yeah, no better way to learn than getting your ass kicked.

Personally, I don't feel like a scrub myself, but I don't fell like I'm good either, in fact, I'd say that I'm the very definition of a mediocre player XD

sephi22

WUHD8.jpg

Karsticles said:
I'm still not sure how I feel about being called "flamin'".

Your avatar is on fire, the character you play is on fire... what's not flaming about you? :D

At least you're not depicted masturbating, haha.

Your avatar is on fire, the character you play is on fire... what's not flaming about you? :D

And what's that brown stuff you're shooting off? :-/

Now you make me uncomfortable.

Karsticles said:
And what's that brown stuff you're shooting off? :-/

Now you make me uncomfortable.

I'm actually fairly cetrain that's supposed to be a tail, cause I'm depicted as Rocket Raccoon, haha.

Also, enzo, there's several omissions. Lupinko as Jem, you as Tony, Q as Firebrand, and quite a few more. :D

Grecco

Becquerel said:

At least both of you are in the image.

Odinson

Excellent job on the OT Enzo. Can't believe this is out next week...so HYPED!!!

enzo_gt said:

It's the strangest kind of anxiety I can't explain, it's just how I feel.

I know this feeling but it's all apart of the game and once you can calm yourself down you start to see your mistakes and learn from the experience you gain from playing against different people. I look forward to the battle for the scrubGaf title. "Have at thee!"

sephi22

Great OT. LMAO@ Blowups and the banners.
Can't wait to make you guys jealous by getting this urley

enzo_gt said:
^ image needs more Iron Man. How could you leave a brotha out?
Iron man in image is DLC.

enzo_gt said:

Oh man I thought that only happened to me. I get extremely scared and nervous when playing online. Even thinking about it makes me nervous and I too have to work up the courage just to play. For vanilla once I got the platinum trophy the only time I ever play online is just with one of my close friends. I'm actually super glad you posted that cause now I know I'm not alone. I get really intimidated sometimes reading the marvel threads here cause people post stuff and you just know that they know their shit and are quite good at this game. I liked to play against them but just think I'd stand no chance. I only really play against the AI on very hard so I'm not sure how bad or good I really am.

I'm down for some PS3 srubgaf as I feel there wont be too much pressure and we can just have some fun while trying to improve. I'll post my psn id and when I get the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JazzmanZ said:
http://i.imgur.com/GVCdM.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
omg :lol this is perfect.

We need a lupinko post to sanction this thread as being truly outrageous. I know your lurking this shit, lupinko. Come home, baby.

@devestatorprime, Bark & Azure, glad to see I'M not the only one in that boat. It's a really hard emotion to describe.

JazzmanZ

I've never played online, but now that I recently bought a PS3, I'll probably give it a go.
Although I'm going to be terrible :( MvC3 is my first real fighting game beyond Smash bros, and my only other history with anything Capcom vs. was when I was a kid I'd play Street fighter II and Marvel superheroes at the arcade in a bowling alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom