• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

Numb

Akuma still hype to me.

Fuck the haters.

He is one of the few characters that's very free form in terms of combos, you can be very creative. Even though I have a lot of problems with Tag 2 I will miss how incredibly creative you could be with the combos.

fGRfyGs.gif

I already liked Akumer and putting him in Tekken is awesome

Rajang

fGRfyGs.gif

I already liked Akumer and putting him in Tekken is awesome

I always loved his inclusion as well, he is one of my favorite fighting game characters in general. I completely lost it when they showed that Akuma reveal. It's definitely one of my favorite game related reveals/trailers of all time.

Now all I need is lord Geese Howard as first DLC character.

Harada pls.

Only thing that could top Akuma as a guest star in Tekken is Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza.

Now that that possibility has gotten into my head, I can't get it out.

Numb

I always loved his inclusion as well, he is one of my favorite fighting game characters in general. I completely lost it when they showed that Akuma reveal. It's definitely one of my favorite game related reveals/trailers of all time.

Now all I need is lord Geese Howard as first DLC character.

Harada pls.
He likes Geese

If he ain't added you can pretend Eliza is him lol
Only thing that could top Akuma as a guest star in Tekken is Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza.

Damn people really want him but Sega do it?
They ain't touching a new VF soo....

Damn people really want him but Sega do it?
They ain't touching a new VF soo....
It's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

Kiryu hails from a 3D beat-em up franchise which is made keeping the Japanese market in mind so he'd be a pretty decent hit in the arcade scenes in Asia. SEGA isn't doing jack shit with Virtua Fighter. Kiryu's story has ended in the Yakuza series so he's not gonna get anymore (new) games with him as the protagonist.

He's already shown up in games like Project X Zone 2.

I would absolutely lose my shit if that character made it into the game even if it is rather unlikely in the grand scheme of things.

Rajang

Yess.

Funny thing is before the Kazuma hype I tweeted Harada about Kazuma and Geese as the guest characters.

Its amazing to see that those two are the most popular picks by fans.

e9558d9c-67e0-47ea-b494-5dbc1d4aa5ec.jpg

Pachimari

I hate Akuma and always did. So I was bummed but then on the other side, it's pretty cool just seeing the whole Street Fighter mechanic adapted into Tekken play. So I'm definitely happy on behalf of those who are thrilled to see him included.

I actually wouldn't mind Kiryu from Yakuza, although I would probably prefer someone from Dead or Alive or Virtua Fighter.

I don't like Akuma at all but i can see he's adapted really faithfully and that's admirable. And on the upside, mauling Akumer scrubs will be fun fun.

I'm changing my guest character wishes to 2B from Nier and Makoto Niijima from P5 =)

Doomshine

So TheMainMan will be making official character tutorials huh? He will have to tone down his language and character bias a lot for that lol

Numb

It's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

Kiryu hails from a 3D beat-em up franchise which is made keeping the Japanese market in mind so he'd be a pretty decent hit in the arcade scenes in Asia. SEGA isn't doing jack shit with Virtua Fighter. Kiryu's story has ended in the Yakuza series so he's not gonna get anymore (new) games with him as the protagonist.

He's already shown up in games like Project X Zone 2.

I would absolutely lose my shit if that character made it into the game even if it is rather unlikely in the grand scheme of things.
X zone is alot maybe they can work something out

I don't like Akuma at all but i can see he's adapted really faithfully and that's admirable. And on the upside, mauling Akumer scrubs will be fun fun.

I'm changing my guest character wishes to 2B from Nier and Makoto Niijima from P5 =)

Have actually possible people in your wish list
You don't see me wanting Asura

sasuke_91

Thank you, Squirrel. Now I want 2B in T7 and will be disappointed 😐

Akuma's great because it gives us SFboyz a good starting point. But Jack looks so great in this I dunno who to pick. It's either him or King.

Numb

Akuma's great because it gives us SFboyz a good starting point. But Jack looks so great in this I dunno who to pick. It's either him or King.

If you like annoying people with pokes and watch them crumble as they try to open you up with shorter limbs pick Jack
Akumer is Akumer
If you learn King chain grabs then you'll get far with just them for a long while

Spuck-uk

Banned
So TheMainMan will be making official character tutorials huh? He will have to tone down his language and character bias a lot for that lol

And learn a lot more about the game as well. His character knowledge is fucking woeful for how popular he is.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
There's an Akuma customization vid going around.
https://streamable.com/ceqtj

Shows off all the sections of equipment you can choose.
Looks pretty much the same as TTT2, but with more quality items. Even the generic stuff doesn't quite look so flat as it did in TTT2. Still, TTT2 depth is about what you can expect it seems when it comes to equipment.

One thing I did notice was there's a 'mirroring' section. The only thing in there was an item that keeps your opponent from moving after they KO you online.

They didn't show the main customization menu, though. We'll see...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
There's an Akuma customization vid going around.
https://streamable.com/ceqtj

Shows off all the sections of equipment you can choose.
Looks pretty much the same as TTT2, but with more quality items. Even the generic stuff doesn't quite look so flat as it did in TTT2. Still, TTT2 depth is about what you can expect it seems when it comes to equipment.

One thing I did notice was there's a 'mirroring' section. The only thing in there was an item that keeps your opponent from moving after they KO you online.

They didn't show the main customization menu, though. We'll see...

Still kills me that they bothered to port over every giant pizza, ice-cream cone, etc. accessory from Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but so few items from Tekken 6.

And that they bothered to make 25 items that amount to a bizarre assortment of random objects sitting on the character's head.

Dereck

Still kills me that they bothered to port over every giant pizza, ice-cream cone, etc. accessory from Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but so few items from Tekken 6.

And that they bothered to make 25 items that amount to a bizarre assortment of random objects sitting on the character's head.
Yeah..

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Yessssssssss!

Hutchie

Im keeping most of the t7 music but will change a few tracks. Like dragon nest theme for tekken 7 but the tekken 5 theme is just too good

GrayFoxPL

When I saw the price for collectors edition in my place I just laughed. 206$ is a ridiculous price for some plastic statue, 3 dlc chars and some little bonuses.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I need to play $175 for my CE welp.

I just hope I can get regular edition bundled with codes for classic costumes for Jin, King and Xiao.

I usually got fighting games in regular but with bonus codes. MK9 with ninja costumes, MKX with Goro, Kof XIV with classic Kyo.

Hope I get similar thing with T7.

I.m definitely not playing hot potato with this one will preorder late.

Sayah

Caught up on some videos and I'm flabbergasted that they decided to keep the urine filter on in the jungle stage. Vanilla souq and jungle looked so much more vibrant and better than they do in FR. Came across my old gifs.....Oh well.......

Tekken-7-1.gif

Tekken-7-Gif-1ff97d.gif

Tekken-7-7.gif

GrayFoxPL

Caught up on some videos and I'm flabbergasted that they decided to keep the urine filter on in the jungle stage. Vanilla souq and jungle looked so much more vibrant and better than they do in FR. Came across my old gifs.....Oh well.......

Yeah, the FR filters looked cool at first but quickly became dull and unnecessary.

Maybe they'll add off switch in a patch if people complain.

But it's interesting that in most new stages they showed those filters are kinda absent and game resembles "clean" vanilla.

I'm probably in the minority in this but I'd like another Street Fighter guest. Mainly Sagat. :D

It's gonna be Guile. Saaaanic Boobs!

Numb

Needs to be someone without fireball

I can accept any of these

Dudley
Elena
Any of the grapplers
My boy Vega
Makoto
Blanka(yes)

Spuck-uk

Banned
Yeah, the FR filters looked cool at first but quickly became dull and unnecessary.

But it's interesting that in most new stages they showed those filters are kinda absent and game resembles "clean" vanilla.

It's gonna be Guile. Saaaanic Boobs!

Honestly, they look really nice in person, it's weird how much compression kinda fucks up how the game looks on streams/youtube.

Sayah

Yeah, the new stages they made do not have those dull color schemes and look great. The situation with Souq and Jungle Outpost is especially unfortunate since they were they were the best looking stages in vanilla and now look worse.

PhineBuyM3

I hope jukebox has the arcade version of FR's character select theme and the original track to duomo di sirio, not feeling either of their updates.

cordy

Banned
Here's some changes I'm gonna make

- The "Character Select Theme" is changed to "Are You Ready? (Tekken 2 Character Select" theme.
- "Dragon's Nest Part 1" is being changed to T5's "Dragon's Nest: To Those Who Go to Heaven" more than likely.
- "Dragon's Nest Final Round" is being changed to T5DR's "Garden Of The Tiger" more than likely.

All the others? Man, there's so many stages and I haven't heard all the themes yet so I can't decide but the BIGGEST issue is that Tekken's known for so many iconic tracks. If I've got the entire lineup and I can not only change each stage AND the final round? Lord.

I'm going to spend straight HOURS customizing this. No bullshit yall.

I actually don't like many recent Tekken tracks save for a few handfuls per game after 5. And so far, 7's music isn't sitting right with me. Especially with that garbage ass track on that garbage ass stage where you play in a kid's playpin.

Already got my OSTs set and ready.

GrayFoxPL

What will he tutor about Ling?

Something like:
eU6aYVU.gif

And yeah he will be playing good boy from now on. Everywhere. They will be watching him. I'm pretty surprised they picked him, I mean his Mishima knowledge is top notch but other characters and actual game plan, I don't know. His hilarious crying and no knowledge about Xiaoyu is prominent for example.

Top Bottom