• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
My ISP crap today, internet won't last 5 mins before it dies, since morning they having problems sheeeesh....I want to play, I want to give people my lag lol...just last 30mins instead of 5mins and i will spread the lag..

You sound like someone who'd spread STD's on purpose.

Shadoken

I would definitely take Remy, but now that we have Nash and Guile I'd say his chances are pretty low.

Hmm not particularly. But Remy is very different though , he has the Zoning Capabilties of Guile ( maybe even better ) with some really fast Nash like movement. But his health and damage is much lower. He can be kinda like the Akuma to Guile/Nash as Ryu/Ken.

Would be hype if Remy has charge partitioning from 3S. Those multiple booms always looked pretty cool.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He was a product of another time.

A shittier time.

Well, you should owe Remy a fat thank because if it wasn't for him, F.A.N.G. mightn't happens.

Famitsu: Well then, let's move on to the main subject. Among the characters playable at release, you recently announced F.A.N.G., what's the story behind this character anyway?

Sugiyama: He's the newest member of The Four Kings of Shadaloo. After Sagat left, F.A.N.G. joined as its newest member. As such, he's an important character that's deeply intertwined with the story.

Famitsu: What's special about him?

Sugiyama: We wanted to make the tallest character yet, so to begin with, he's big. Beyond that, he's also very particular about the number 2, so we made it that when he stands on his tiptoes he's actually 222 centimeters tall, haha.

Famitsu: Haha! So, what's special about him as a fighter?

Sugiyama: He's a character with very long range who uses an unpleasant fighting style. As for something we haven't seen so far in Street Fighter, he uses poison. He puts his opponent in a poisoned state if he hits them with a special move.

Famitsu: You're right, there's never been a poison-themed fighter in Street Fighter, has there?

Sugiyama: Actually, during the development of Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, the team were choosing between a poison-themed character or Remy to enter the fray.

At that time, they ended up going with Remy, so said poison-themed fighter never saw the light of day.

Famitsu: Really?! I had no idea!

Marvel

could never
57k073lc

Lag protection.

Actually, that means that F.A.N.G or someone similar might have showed up in 3rd strike.

And Remy stole his spot and deprived SF of a poison mechanic for over 15 years.

That emo fuck.

Though it did lead to this low-tier lanky buffoon we have now so, I guess all's well that end's well.
57k073lc

Lag protection.
CYnFDVpWkAE8UpF.png

Luce is easily one of the best posters on this entire forum. Makes me laugh every time. When we playing some sets Luce!?
Aww, thanks.

I'd love to play but I'm assuming you live in the US? I live in Pakistan and the routing is not gonna be friendly to online play in general between us and certainly not with SFV.

I've been reviewing my options lately and I'm trying to find an opportunity to head to a Major either by the end of this year or by next year. Problem is that 2 of the countries where I have relatives that have most of the majors (USA and UK) have suddenly started turning into immigrant unfriendly places where it's getting a bit difficult to try to get into for a single person with no real reason to go other than tourism.

Marvel

could never
Just bought Ryu's school outfit, damn it's slick (Colour 2 esp). Shame I can't use a shoto to save my life now because of my use of charge characters all these months, lol.

Pompadour

no new characters? There has to be at least one.

I thought the same thing with the lists people wanted for season 2. There's no way there will not be at least one new character. This season being all newly playable characters was unexpected, but I was expecting at least 2 new guys this season.

I expected at least one but 5 brand new makes me think there's a good chance we'll get none next season. That will bring the total to 34 with 9 new characters. SSF4 had 35 with only 8 new.

I remember Capcom (I think it was Ono) saying how they wanted to get all these new characters out and then start bringing back old ones.

My only request is no Seth, Blanka, or El Fuerte,

I remember Capcom (I think it was Ono) saying how they wanted to get all these new characters out and then start bringing back old ones.

My only request is no Seth, Blanka, or El Fuerte,

Give me El Fuerte and Blanka pls....

El Fuerte V-skill is running, removing the qcf motion and making him even more annoying lol..

Personally, the only returning characters I would truly care about as DLC are Cody, Q and Gill. Anyone else from Third Strike would also be cool. Aside from that, I would love if most of the dlc is new characters, I find that to be way more exciting.

MrCarter

Bison's Thailand stage looks amazing. Love the insane detail on the bell, ornaments, buildings and the two statues.

Looks like someone has gone missing from the basement...

Theres gonna be some other veterans in that basement that weren't too happy sitting out 2017.

Don't do this to me. TeasersSO in full effect.

Bison's Thailand stage looks amazing. Love the insane detail on the bell, ornaments, buildings and the two statues.

I am so pissed I missed buying that stage. I want it back so bad so I can practice on it. It just looks gorgeous.

Also, i'm having a weird controller crisis if anyone wants to help. I normally play on stick, but there is a weird 'familiarity' that comes with playing on the PS4 pad, for some reason. Hard to explain. This last week, i've taken to playing/learning Akuma on the PS4 pad, and playing with Urien in online matches on the stick. There are certain inputs that I just drop more on stick, surprisingly. Usually in mid combo (for example connecting CA after doing a shoulder tackle with Urien when on P1 side). This issue tends to not happen on pad, but the finer nuances of movement & such are still not there on pad, mostly cause I just don't have the familiarity/time dedicated that I do with stick. So, should I make the switch or stick it out with pad? Side note: I plan on playing MvC:I on pad.

Do you know if theres plans to do anything "more" than a 2018/2019/2020 update at some point down the road?

Yup. I've alluded that there are bigger things than just more stages & characters in the works. More modes are coming. Biggest item to resolve first & foremost was CFN, and with these changes, they are hoping they are closer than ever to an ideal situation for CFN. There are characters in development right now that are part of S2's 6. And S2's 6 were being developed in the 2nd half of last year. They know the fans want some old cast members, and they're going to use their rollout to rollout a few more often requested things.

Dreamhack doesn't seem like the place to play a trailer tbh. Oh well. I don't like waiting till damn near Tuesday, but what can you do?

Looks like someone has gone missing from the basement...

Theres gonna be some other veterans in that basement that weren't too happy sitting out 2017.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so pissed I missed buying that stage. I want it back so bad so I can practice on it. It just looks gorgeous.

Also, i'm having a weird controller crisis if anyone wants to help. I normally play on stick, but there is a weird 'familiarity' that comes with playing on the PS4 pad, for some reason. Hard to explain. This last week, i've taken to playing/learning Akuma on the PS4 pad, and playing with Urien in online matches on the stick. There are certain inputs that I just drop more on stick, surprisingly. Usually in mid combo (for example connecting CA after doing a shoulder tackle with Urien when on P1 side). This issue tends to not happen on pad, but the finer nuances of movement & such are still not there on pad, mostly cause I just don't have the familiarity/time dedicated that I do with stick. So, should I make the switch or stick it out with pad? Side note: I plan on playing MvC:I on pad.

That familiarity comes from playing video games in general on a pad I assume. So you have SOME good control because of that.

I'd say stick to a pad if you plan of swtiching for MvC:I anyway. By that time you'll be fully proficient.

Marvel

could never
I have played on the Thailand stage twice today, wish I had it.

Hopefully it's fixed and putback up for sale soon, really does look great.

Edit: Yooooo sneakers hahaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom